Days of Our Lives - Wed., Oct. 26, 2016

In re: that mention of the Cubs........It has been a long standing joke about the Cubs failure to get into the World Series, how they have almost made it, but fell apart when the chips were down (end of season division games). But the die hard, staunch Cub fans just have always never given up hope. So, to have Rafe, a huge sports fan, talk of a bucket list dream of the Cubs being in the World Series, & Hope replying that is impossible.......is exactly how the team has been viewed.

I really like Valerie and Kudos to Kyle Pettis as Theo. Nice scenes these.

The Kiriakis stuff is a joke. Sonny is running a Titan Division? Suuuure. I assume it's the "mountain climbing and coffee running" division?

I like Philip with a backbone. His parents are awful. More to the point, Days can't do business stories so why are they pretending to try?

I'm Team Deimos all the way and all in favour of anything that keeps him away from My Friend Ms Nicole Walker. But even my head was spinning at this rewrite about him not knowing about Bo. Are we going to meet/hear more about the person who forced Deimos to do what he did?

Jason, I'm guessing the Bo thing was "dealt with" today and it will be a dead/forgotten issue from here on.

I agree with all who said the young man who plays Theo is doing a fine job. I can't believe I'm saying it but I even enjoyed the scenes with him and Ciara.

Now I'll go against the tide. I didn't find the Hope and Rafe campout as objectionable as some of you did. No, I'm still not a fan of them together but I'm getting closer to the take it or leave it stage. Since I do not care for the overused, predictable romantic scenes--beds covered in rose petals, chocolate covered strawberries, etc., I found the tent and fake stars somewhat refreshing. I also liked that they had some light-hearted conversation, rather than tearing into each other and getting down to business. I didn't like the way Hope responded to Rafe's comment about wishing to have kids though. Also, it seemed a little odd for him to say it, since he must know he won't have any with Hope.

Thanks for the summary.

I think the Theo and Abe parts, as well as the cliffhanger ending, were the best parts of the episode. Good acting and some moving forward. As usual, I just don't care about Rafe and Hope.

The Victor thing, I sure hope he's playing Deimos. That being said, it wouldn't surprise me if he isn't and the writers are doing something dumb and ridiculous with this storyline. As far as Deimos, I will say it's possible he HAS changed, albeit not in regards to Nicole. But I highly doubt it.

Well in some ways I'm quite happy, but in others, not so much.

They addressed the Bo issue, but it felt to me it was more Victor talking to the audience when he said he forgave Deimos because it wasn't really his fault and that everyone should just get over it. Nobody in the family ever brought it up as an issue before today, but I have seen it listed plenty online, so it felt like he was addressing it. Good luck getting the audience to forgive and forget.

Then Victor explains to Justin why he's making Deimos CEO - that (Victor believes) you need to be morally questionable and able to do selfish/awful things to run a successful corporation. Sonny's too soft, Brady's too stupid, and Justin is too nice... but I got from the scene that Justin actually has quite a bit of sway as the legal guy.

Philip's tantrum was required to clear the air between him and Victor for good. I don't blame him for being annoyed at being bumped out of heir position by Deimos.

And finally, Rafe admits he did see himself having children one day, but it gets promptly shoved back under the rug. I wonder if its setting something up though, and it'll be a flashback later?

I do think Rafe's choice of Murder Park for his camp-out was dumb but the police tape was accurate for the location.

And Janet Jackson is pregnant at 50:)

I've seen several things that make me wonder if Days isn't inserting some dialog at the last minute.

I had the same thought about the scenes with Hope and Claire at the police station after she was kidnapped. Only because Claire kept emphasizing the "Gran". That's been a long standing issue many of us have had with the show.

Back