Days of Our Lives - Wed., Oct. 29, 2014

As far as Theresa goes, I'm guessing she found out she's pregnant which is why she's being all uppity with John about not leaving Brady alone. Just speculation on my part given her smirkiness and all the sex she and Brady have had.
Good idea. What else would explain the brat girl's switch from scared rabbit to defiance of John? Whatever happens with Jeannie T., it was a good day for Anne Milbauer. When she hears that Ms. Priss is not only leaving town, but will be seeking a new job, she'll be beside herself with joy. After decking out Maxine's station with balloons and bunting, Anne will head over to the Pub to drink the place dry. Speaking of Jen Jen, somebody should tell her that his mother is not usually the go-to person when a college guy is having problems with girls and sex. As for Kristen, she must not have been paying attention when she read the old tale of the boy who cries wolf. Finally, on a far more positive note, as others have said, the Sami-Rafe and Sami-Caroline scenes were very nice.

In fairness, the Sami and Rafe scene was pretty good.

It looked like Theresa was checking the calendar app. on her phone, and showed some concern about what she saw. And, then got a slightly triumphant expression. Please, no!

Kristen left the door ajar when she went into Daniel's place...

Sonny may seek greener pastures.

@Troy42.......:clap::rotfl: I am still laughing over the anticipation of cuisine from Ecuador statement. Too funny.
Just posted in another thread about Will's lack of appreciation for all Sonny has done for him, while Will has not gone out of his way at all for Sonny. How insulting can Will be to go on and on to Sonny about talking to Gabi first, about Zoe promising his job would still be there for him if things don't work out in L.A. That remark alone indicates to Sonny that Will is thinking he may NOT come back. They will love his work so much, he will be wearing the sun glasses, getting the tan, wearing Armani, driving a Mercedes, and doing the whole red carpet thing come awards time.

Sami and Rafe weren't my favorite couple, but their scenes today were really nice. Rafe is definitely a sweet man! Would have been nice to see some flashbacks of the two of them, for sure.

Sami has gotten on my nerves a LOT during Alison Sweeney's 20+ years. But, I understand the long good-bye. It has been 20 years! Maybe she's a favorite... maybe it's something else. I would think it would be more difficult to have a long goodbye for a character when the actor (like Alice, or Tom, I think) passed away before their character did. I don't know... she will be gone soon enough. And more bad stuff will happen in Salem, whether we like it or not! LOL! :wink:

Daniel's about to cry about a relationship that has been over for months and about a woman he's avoided and ignored for months.

I'm positive this was all just a setup for him to be angry or emotionally upset to justify something possibly happening between him and Kristen. Like I said

Unfortunately, I think you are right. AND, I'd bet you money that Jennifer will go be with her mom, who will tell her she's being ridiculous and to make up with Daniel. (Hasn't that happened before?!? Or did I dream it up?) Except now, he will have slept with Kristen (well, I assume that's where they are headed). And there will be secrets and make ups and discoveries and that same old story again. Oh well.

I'm even more convinced than ever that Daniel's need to help is at least partially compulsive. Even when he's depressed, he can't seem to stop himself from opening his door, nor can he seem to turn ANYONE away who needs comfort, no matter what they've done to him in the past. I so wish it would have been Nicole on the other side of the door. She would have proved she's a true friend after all. As it stands, apparently the writers loved Rafe's drunken indiscretion with Kate so much they decided to do it again with Daniel/Kristen. :rolleyes:

As for Daniel's grief, I think its compounded by a lot of things. He perhaps thought Jen would see why things weren't working and take initiative to change. He needs to help EVERYONE but can't help both JJ and Jen because of Jen's attitude. He isn't quite over Jen and it hit him both who she really is and that this dynamic will never change. Plus he has JJs pain on his mind too I'm sure.

I hope Jen does take that job elsewhere because I think Daniel could finally get 100%/over her and see she's not worth his tears if she wasn't in his face all the time.

I also hope Laura doesn't have any complications from her surgery. If Jen calls Daniel for medical advice after all this, there will be no words I'm allowed to say here to say what I think of her.

Sad, sad day in Salem at least for me. Where's that tissue.

Sad to see Sami say goodbye to Rafe and her grandma. I wish
we could have seen flashbacks with Sami/Rafe.

I will be honest and say I'm sad that Daniel and Jen are over too.
We can call their movie "The Long Goodbye since it's taken years
for them to realize that it is. I liked them a lot when they first got together,
but after so many breakups and getting back together, I no longer cared.

I'm not sure why Daniel couldn't tell Jen the truth about JJ or
Kristen. They aren't his patients unless he he made a promise.
Trust is one of the most important things in a relationship. Not
many people in Salem realize that.

Sami has gotten on my nerves a LOT during Alison Sweeney's 20+ years. But, I understand the long good-bye. It has been 20 years!

Yep, so had Renee Jones, and her character (Lexie) was dying!! Yet Sami, who's leaving ostensibly for six months, is having teary flashbacks with half of Salem!! In my opinion this really could have been handled in a single episode.

Theresa smirks, no, she isn't going anywhere, and doesn't intend on leaving Brady alone. John walks around her, his back to the partially open door, as he warns her that if she doesn't, he will tell Brady, and everyone else, that it wasn't Brady who hit him, "it was you".
The camera swings round to show Brady standing just outside that small opening in the doorway.

Let me guess. When they replay the end of today's show tomorrow (or Friday), Brady will somehow miraculously NOT have heard what John said. It seems to be a Standard Rule of Soaps (or at least of DOOL) that whenever the end of a show presages a lead pipe cinch reveal, the scene ends up slightly different on the replay and ... POOF! No reveal.

I hope they surprise us on this one.

I had to restart my message last night because of human error.

I forgot to mention that Anne will probably be doing a happy dance when
she finds out Dan and Jen are finally over. She'll probably jump to
the moon when she knows Jen Jen won't be working at hospital anymore.

I liked the Rafe and Sami scenes but was put off by two things: 1) No flashbacks and 2) the majority of their conversation seemed to revolve around her relationship with EJ. Was it really necessary for her to recount to Rafe the proposal/vow renewal? Yeah, I'm sure he really cares. Gimme a break. Dead or not, Rafe hated EJ and while he cares for Sami he's not going to want to listen to the sappy details of her relationship with the man Rafe hated most. I was insulted as a viewer these scenes were written like that. The dialogue and lack of flashbacks tells me all I need to know about the agenda TPTB have had the past few years.

@Sparkster....could not agree more. She is bragging about that vow renewal, and ignoring the one she had with Rafe himself, that she insisted on! She is sitting in front of the kind man who saved her life a few times while in witness protection, who took care of her AND all her kids, loving them, who went thru hell being kidnapped while EJ & Stefano put the clone in his place, who managed to escape from a sanitarium, and though suffering memory loss, still found his way back to Sami. All he went thru to get her child that penguin for Christmas, the FBI jacket.
It truly is a shame these writers refused to have Sami remember any of it, and if not a flashback, at least a mention.

Back