Days of Our Lives - Wednesday, Aug., 29, 2018

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, August 29, 2018

John absolutely breaks my heart today…he is in Marlena’s room, holding on to the dress. He finds wedding ring in the folds of the dress, looks at it, begins to cry again. Belle comes in, hugs him, he tells her Marlena was holding the ring…just as she was shot. He is breaking down, Belle is trying to bolster him up, talking of how strong Marlena is, how their love has gotten them thru so much. She begins to rant on this being Sami’s fault, John tries to dissuade that idea, but Belle is adamant. We all thought Kristen dead, but Sami knew she wasn’t. She claims she came there to stop Kristen, who gave her the gun, but as soon as Kristen mentioned EJ, Sami was pointing the gun at you. John is insistent it was an accident, but Belle is relentless,pointing out rightly, that Sami could have given that gun to Brady, to Eric, to Paul, but she held on to it, finger on the trigger. Sami was all about Sami, as she always is.

Down at the cop shop, practically the same conversation is going on between Sami & Hope. She wants to be at the hospital, Hope wants her statement. Sami is claiming innocence, also that Hope is after her because she had sex with the man Hope loved. Sami would be very mad if it happened to her, (seems it did, with Abby/EJ..lol) but talks of how much Rafe loves Hope, said so, reminding Hope that she told Hope that when she came to her door. Hope says, yes, after you had sex and Rafe was hiding in the bathroom. More talk of how selfish Sami is, how it is all about her, about her being drugged, but still able to perk up when Kristen mentioned EJ, and then that was all Sami cared about. Again, it was herself. They go back and forth, until finally Sami agrees to give a statement. Hope turns on the recorder, asking when Kristen first contacted her.

At the hotel room, Brady pushes past Kristen, calling for Eve. Of course not there. Kristen puts on her seductive voice, and manner, reminding Brady of them being in love, insisting he still loves her. He denies, loves Eve, gonna marry her. Kristen just goes on and on, their vows of love til death do us part. That ended when right after, Brady saw video of her raping his brother. Oh, you forgave him, why not me. He wasn’t to blame for that. She talks of the brothers sharing women, Nicole. He says shut up. She brings up Theresa, calls Tate Christopher, Brady corrects her, making sure she understands tate is his son, his. She laughs, and you lost him, didn’t you? She talks of Brady into booze, drugs, once an addict, always, figures he was addicted to her, says she won’t mind if he wants to fall off the wagon. He wants to know where Eve is, she is not going to tell, only saying that to free Eve, he has to make love to her first, and she promises to never tell Eve. But it is what she wants…or Eve dies.

Sonny looks at an empty picture frame, recalling how he tore up the pic of him & Will, saw Will, and learned he had his memories back, plus a few other flashbacks. The kiss, Will leaving. At same time, Will sits in darkened room, on a window sill, having flashbacks as well. Eric comes in, no word on Marlena, Will calls him Uncle Eric, tells of regaining memories. They sit and talk, Will admitting he has not told Paul yet. Adrienne has come in with Sonny, he tells her the news, she is thrilled. Sonny makes more of it, sure that he & Will are going to be together. Adrienne is thrilled, so happy. She calls a contact at police station, learns of the shooting at the wedding, informs Sonny. He figures Will is going to call him with any news, and does talk to Will, still waiting word as Marlena still in surgery. Adrienne will hold story from Spectator till further info, is so happy for Sonny, leaves.

Will talks with Uncle Eric, finally deciding he has to tell Paul he has regained memory. Paul walks in, what is going on? Eric takes off to see if any further word, Will asks if he can talk to Paul, has to tell him something.

Belle takes the ring from John, talking of how strong Mom is, how their love got them thru so much, and how he should hold on to that ring, as Mom will soon put it on his finger.

Sami is ready to talk to Hope, but warns her that if anything happens to Kristen before she tells Sami what she knows about EJ, or if her mother dies, Hope will regret this, big time.

Thanks for another great summary, Poirot!

Drake Hogestyn (John) has done a great job the past 4 episodes. Wow! I've really enjoyed all of his scenes.

DUMB! How many women are going to proposition him for sex using blackmail?!? First Theresa and now Kristen. He's in high demand!

Each episode I dislike Belle more and more. She can leave town and take her daughter with her. We all have characters that rub us the wrong one. Those are mine! Along with Sonny and Hope lately (which I'm sad about).

I am relieved Will has his memory back so we can move on. Although, I wish he wasn't moving on with Sonny.

The new actress playing Kristen is doing a bang up job with her acting. But, I'm not buying her as Kristen. The history just isn't there so therefore I'm just not invested in it. I'm sure I could if she were playing the role for any length of time like some other recasts but Days has been doing tons of story arcs with characters in and characters out. I wish they would have gone a different direction with a story since Eileen Davidson wasn't available or didn't want to reprise role. There wasn't a need to bring her back at all had the writers just been a teensy weensy eensy creative and come up with a fresh story!

I'm with some other posters believing that Sami would never have shot John/Marlena. If Eric would have not tried to jump in and be a hero (of which he is definitely not). She was also drugged. That was ridiculous how he grabbed her from behind. I wish Eric would say something like Gee, I probably shouldn't have pounced on someone who was drugged from behind while a gun was pointed at people. A gun I really believe she would have put down. We all perceive things differently. Oh well. On a funny note, they couldn't do any better than giving Kayla a napkin to blot Marlena's blood at the scene?? Ha!

The last 5 episodes though have been pretty good. I wish I thought the momentum could keep going!

Last edited:
I did love a couple things. Hope, in pointing out to Sami how everything is always about her (in reference to the mention of EJ causing Sami to pause) she noted that Sami got her son back, the one she thought dead. It was a miracle, she should have rejoiced, but first thing she did was get Ben to strangle Will again, finish what he had started. That hit home to Sami, who tried to say she was trying to help him remember, but Hope nailed it.....no, only YOU, he should remember YOU, that is what you wanted.
Also, that Brady kept Kristen at arm's length, saying truths where Kristen tried to whitewash things, say he was still in love with her, despite 20 years, and other women. LOL

I am loving Belle. She is saying what everyone thinks and encouraging her father at the same time. I couldn't agree more that this is all about Sami and what she wants and everyone can go to........same with Kristen. The new actress is believable as Kristen especially since I hated Eileen Davidson in the part because just like Sami, Kristen thinks it's all about her and what she wants.

she [Hope] noted that Sami got her son back, the one she thought dead. It was a miracle, she should have rejoiced, but first thing she did was get Ben to strangle Will again, finish what he had started. That hit home to Sami, who tried to say she was trying to help him remember, but Hope nailed it.....no, only YOU, he should remember YOU, that is what you wanted.

I'll give you that one! Sami having Ben try to strangle Will was a huge FAIL!

Oh Sami is not the only self-centered character to ever grace Days. But... seems to me Sami does sometimes get the short end of the stick. She has reasons why she became the woman she is. Yes she should have dealt with all that by now but... seems other characters can do similar things and get by with it while the characters jump her case for it.

And.. Hope oh Hope no need to get so mad about Sami and Rafe. After all you should be able to understand being drawn to a past love. How many times did you and Bo reunite before his death?

Many Salemites did not look very good in yesterday's episode and today was no different.

Hope: Those who thought she'd hit rock bottom with her attempts to railroad Ben were too optimistic. In today's sorry encounter with lawyerless Sami, it seemed as if the legally-illiterate, high-and-mighty police commissioner really wanted her charged with being self-centered and sleeping with Rafe.

Brady: Like Abigail, he's afflicted with the compulsion to participate in conversations with impossible people. Instead of talking to crazy Kristen, he should have grabbed her by the scruff of the neck and marched her into police headquarters.

Rafe: Instead of sitting on his behind at police headquarters, why isn't he coordinating the search for Kristen? The Salem Inn would have been an obvious place to look (it's the choice of many Salem lowlifes). He might have also tried Salem's many cabins and empty warehouses as well as every farmhouse, outhouse, and hen house as mentioned by the Tommy Lee Jones character in The Fugitive.

Adrienne: Apparently, she's caught the mean girl disease just like nasty big-mouth Belle and Hope. Where does she get off dumping all over the hapless, friendless Susan Banks?

Finally, the luckiest man in Salem is Eric or as he's known on another thread, Father Doofus. Nobody seems to have figured out that Marlena never would have been shot if he hadn't made his clumsy attempt to disarm Sami.

Last edited:
I am hoping Will tells Paul but something tells me it won't happen for several more episodes. Still breaks my heart that Paul might be heartbroken again.

I really do not like Hope. She thinks she is so high and mighty and being police commissioner she can do whatever she wants. Why does Rafe love her? I'm tired of everyone just saying "Sami shot Marlena". Not explaining the situation, as if she just took aim and shot Marlena. I know Sami is annoying but still.

I had to laugh when Paul said thank you Maj. Nelson. I Dream of Jeannie. :rotfl:

Will asks if he can talk to Paul, has to tell him something.
I expect this to be resolved no later than November Sweeps, 2024.
Kristen before she tells Sami what she knows about EJ,
Can the roof please cave in and destroy these two junkies [HOPE and SAMI] immediately?

Thanks, Poirot.

MPM, I have to agree about the actress when she's Kristen. She's doing a good job as Susan.

Rafe said the police put up the road blocks fast. Has anyone checked the tunnels?

Interesting conversation with Brady and Kristen. He called her Phoenix because she lived
after falling out the window. Kristen mentioned she knew what was going on with his
life. Just like a DiMera.

I wonder how many people will know Will has his memory back before Paul does.

Great scenes with John and Bell.

I could have slapped Hope and Belle where Sami is concerned, Why the devil can't they listen to her? I know Sami is self-centered and very dumb at times, but she never has been really sure anybody loves her and that is her basic problem. We need to remember they say and o what some dopey writer writes for them!!! They only exist for the hour they are on the air!:sad: I went thru my very intelligent sister agonizing over A Martinez and Marcy Walkers characters in Santa Barbara and it woke me up!!

Good episode

We got an Isabella, an Uncle Eric and a Marlena is like a mother to me. I'll take it all though Marlena IS your mother Brady.

John/Belle amazing I loved what she said about the ring. How are Belle and Shawn not on contract and leading this show?

I liked the dialogue in the Brady/Kristen scenes a lot but today was the first day I really missed Eileen Davidson(Kristen). The chemistry was just not really there. Hopefully this portion wraps up quickly.

Hope/Sami played a lot differently than I expected. Sami does need to be questioned but I don't like Hope's bullying tactics. And she does need a lawyer though Belle won't be there to help so maybe Justin is free. I think what Hope said to Sami about Will was totally accurate.

I'm wondering if Belle's anger towards Sami and Hope continually abusing her power is leading somewhere that we are just not clear on yet.

So, we don't learn how Kristen survived...not a single person is curious...amazing!
Good point, but by now why ask why? It could be as simple as "it didn't stick," or as I said on another post, Kristen could have deployed her collapsible witch's broom and flown to safety. Other possibilities include a mini-parachute worn under her dress, an intervention by Satan, a stack of mattresses under the castle window, flunkies stationed under the window with a safety net, or a miraculous landing in a soft, squishy swamp. After all, being a DiMera means never being absolutely, finally dead.

Back