Days of Our Lives Wednesday Dec 17, 2014

@TheWriter, if I could like your post a thousand times I would! :clap:You made some very good points. I too was ready to give Melanie a chance but I just can't. She's just as (if not more so) annoying than what I remember her being from her last run. I just can't take it anymore. It's interesting though....while I hate Theresa for what she did to John I have to admit, given her run-ins with Melanie I'm starting to take her side of things. Of course it helps as a viewer knowing what happened to Theresa and her baby but I just wanted to ram Melanie into the wall when she was going off on Theresa about faking a pregnancy to trap Brady. I must say, I'm actually looking forward to seeing how that storyline shakes out several months down the line should Kristen show up with said baby. So far, I have to say I'm on team Theresa here. I never thought I'd say that as I absolutely hated what she did to John and Brady but I think my feelings for Melanie will override that.

As to the Nicole/Eric/Serena crap...I wish Nicole would just forget about that loser and not worry about anyone else in his orbit. I did like her comments to Marlena though. She's right about Marlena acting like Dr. Phil when it's not wanted or warranted. I appreciated Eric's openness about his feelings about Nicole and how he hates himself for not being able to forgive her but Serena doesn't know the whole story and I'm sorry, but whatever anecdotes she's received from Melanie or anyone else would be biased, uninformed, and worthless. Eric's comments today about not wanting to start anything with Serena because he doesn't want to hurt her and he's a changed man and hasn't figured things out re: not forgiving Nicole makes me wonder if we are in for phase 2 of the long drawn out love story of Eric/Nicole.

Sonny certainly has the right to be ticked off at Will for not telling him the truth about what happened in L.A. but I do think Sonny is more or less projecting his own guilt re: Paul on Will. Not to mention all the stuff with the new club. They are definitely headed for trouble town with Will and Sonny.

Sparkster: That's why I'm hoping that Eric gets some therapy along the way. Maybe that can redeem him after he deals with issues and would make round 2 a bit different.

HM: I do agree about them likely not being able to write a good therapy story but one can hope.

I was hoping Marlena would have told Nicole who Serena was
because I want to know more about that NYC trip that the
family took together.

I guess since Marlena is working now, she can't turn off work mode
the way she was talking to Nicole.

It's obvious now that Serena only came to Salem to get Eric back.

I guess winter weather has arrived in Salem with everyone wearing
coats. Lucas and Marlena both tried to stay warm doing the "it's
cold outside" dance. So why did Marlena and Nicole talk in park?

Brady got Mel's job back for her. How long will she keep it if she
and Theresa can't behave themselves?

We had NBC product placement today when Brady talked
about "American Ninja Warrior"

Harley, thanks for doing the summary today.

I agree with those that cant' take much of Melanie. I can't take any more of the Brady protecting....hey Melanie, did you know Brady was going to marry Kristen DiMera? His own choice!! Also I know that Theresa didn't help Brady much by partying with him but wasn't he already at that point when they hooked up?
Sorry it just bugs me. also that no one can touch the Jonases!

If I could give Theresa advice it would be to hire a lawyer and file a lawsuit against the makers of the fireplace poker. Why should she do that you ask? Why because if they hadn't made the poker it wouldn't have been there for her to use to hit John with, of course. Then Brady and all those other people wouldn't be so mean to her. Come to think of it I think she should name Victor as a co-defendant for buying the poker and for good measure add John for having a head. I mean somebody has to pay for this outrage. :angry:

Since the people in charge of Days seem to do what viewers don't want, I wonder
if that's why Melanie is back in town. People keep talking about the show
because they don't like her. Wouldn't high ratings be better than discussing
what people don't like about the show.

The thing is, those who are not liking, really not liking what is going on, watch once or twice a week, maybe, and just DO not watch at all, unless they know something fun or good may happen. So it is not bringing viewers back, or having them watch. It is the opposite. Someone tunes in, says who the heck are all these people? A 25 yr old who acts worse than a kindergarten bully, but is supposed to be a nurse a baseball player who openly fiirts with anyone he sees, male or female, but says ..ssshhh, don't tell anyone I am here. A 50 yrs. old woman who has the hots for her daughter's 19 yr. old boyfriend, a woman no one has heard of, who seems to know quite a few Salemites, including the ex priest, who cannot wipe the scowl off his face, and whose job including forgiving those who sinned, but he holds on to hatred with such a grip, it is no wonder.

I think that, while the show, garners a lot of buzz, it is not the kind that encourages viewers to tune in, and the ratings are showing that.

It is really too bad that Will and Sonny have come to odds now. Sonny was so glad Will was back, but both are not telling the other some important things, Will's swelled head is not helping matters.

I don't think Paul knows who Will is. I think his reaction to Will was him doing apparently what he does best - flirt. Look at the way his first meeting with Derrick went. He had to exhale when the guy left the room.

I still think he requested that Will be the one to finish the article because he honestly was impressed with the article he wrote on Chad. And him telling Will that, who at the moment thinks he's underappreciated as a writer, endeared him to Will so to speak.

As far as Eric/Nicole situation goes I can almost see how this could play out....Nicole finally realizes he is a lost cause for her and sees her strong friendship with Dr. Dan blossom into love and trust, she is done and doner with Eric and then he realizes no one has been as diligently ongoing and caring for him. A day late and a dollar short is what they say. Frankly, his constant brooding is driving me nuts, and Nicole has had the patience of Job with him.

I am so tired of Eric's "I cannot forgive Nicole" crap. Had he not professed his love to her she absolutely would have given him the evidence. But she loved him and wanted to be with him. Why doesn't he remember she risked her life to get that information. Why would she do that if her intention was to withhold it? It's just getting so old. Can't forgive Nicole but can forgive Kristen who raped him?! He accused Nicole of raping him and she forgave him for that! They need to get everyone off Nicole's back and let her find someone already. Enough dumping on Nicole.

Upon further reflection I have figured these endless Jeannie T/Melanie encounters are the result of the writers' lamebrained attempt to redeem Jeannie T for hitting John. We know Kristen stole her fetus, but she doesn't, and nobody else does. So everyone's going to be horrible to her - not about the attempt to kill/maim/whatever her father-in-law, but about the "fake" pregnancy, we'll feel "sorry" for her, etc...terrible.

I'm boggled at how Paul told Derrick there was "nothing he could do for him". If I was in Paul's place, I could've thought of a LOT of things that Derrick could do for me! :rotfl: OK, I'm going to the corner...

I'm not really liking Melanie or Serena. I'd rather they both just leave Salem and go to Africa or whatever. They are hogging too much airtime and everyone thinks they are perfect. I can also do without Marlena--so annoying!

Hey, there was snow on the ground when Sonny and Will were at the park! And they wore jackets! The dressing people are finally taking hints that the audience wants realistic sets and wardrobe for this time of year.

Back