Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
*** There will be no show on Thursday, Jan. 1st***
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Days of Our Lives

Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Episode #10,997 Director – Albert Alarr

It is New Year’s Eve in Salem, tho some have an odd way of celebrating. EJ is having a fit at home, unable to reach Nicole on his cell, and angry because of this video conference call with Hong Kong investors that Stefano insisted he take. Tony has come in, listens to EJ ranting cuz he intended to propose to Nicole tonight, and now he has this business at the office. Tony volunteers to take the video call, then EJ can do his thing with Nicole, but EJ refuses, Father would not like him shirking his duties. Ah, but wise ol Tony is onto Stefano, and begins asking if Stefano has been interfering with his time alone with Nikki, if business stuff is popping up out of the blue, etc. And of course, it hits home, making EJ a bit uncomfortable, but he can handle it.
EJ is sitting alone when Nicole finally comes home. He breaks the news about having to take care of business, Nicole is smiling when she says something about him putting business ahead of her on New Year’s Eve, she is so over him. They both laugh, of course she doesn’t mind, she says something about being exhausted, he tells her to take a nap. Later, EJ returns home just as Mary is coming down the stairs, lugging what appears to be a suitcase, followed by Tony. He says the conference call ended quickly, so he was able to be back home. Tony makes his good-byes, says Happy New Year, don’t say I didn’t warn you…and out the door he goes, but doesn’t seem to pick up that piece of luggage. EJ pulls the ring case out of his pocket, looks at it, asks Mary if she knows where Nicole went, but Mary did not even know Nicole had left. They exchange Happy New Years to each other.

At the hospital, Kate (wearing that awful ruffled scarf/boa, rather unbecoming IMO) is being her usual pushy self, badgering Daniel as to why he is off Chloe’s case. Chloe comes out, saying she asked him, but Kate just goes on and on. Chloe assures her Dr. Johnson gave her an exam, she is fine, Kate should not get stressed, it is o.k. Now Kate drops her little bomb about wanting Chloe to move up her wedding date, just in case the bone marrow transplant didn’t work as they expected. Chloe doesn’t say much, but will talk to Lucas about this.

Stephanie arrives at Philip’s and she looks just beautiful. Her hair is pulled back very softly around her face, and is up. Very becoming. The dress….well, let’s just say that when she sits down, bet it feels mighty cold. LOL. She is not sure she wants to go to the party Phil has arranged at Chez Rouge, he says they can stay home and make grilled cheese. She smiles, says no, she will be fine. They kiss, Lucas walks in, asking if it is midnight already. LOL.

Nicole is still badgering Dr. Baker about getting a baby, as he types away on his computer, telling her it is not that easy. She says she would take any baby, but EJ has to believe it is his, so it must be white, the mother must be as far along as Nicole would have been. Dr. Baker tells her that for every young girl who is pregnant, 5 or 6 couples are lined up, willing to pay all expenses to have it. Nicole insists money is no object, but he reminds her she is not a DiMera yet, and she cannot pay a girl with a vase. She insists he find her a baby and she won’t take no for an answer.

We are now over at Chez Rouge. Melanie is eyeing the reservation book, Maggie comes up glad she can make it. Melanie sits at the bar, Maggie tells the barman to take care of her very underage friend. LOL. Some sleaze sitting there comments she is on a short leash, offers to take her somewhere else, but Melanie is waiting for someone. LOL

And now to my favorite thing…Doug & Julie sit at a table, toasting each other, Julie saying “to the handsomest man ever to come to Salem”, while Doug replies “you lie so well”. Clink, and sip. Throughout the scenes at Chez Rouge we can see them in the back ground, at their table, dancing, I just love them being there. Especially since Mickey is not there to be with Maggie. Marlena & Charlotte arrive, all dolled up, supposedly just going to have a quiet drink, and John comes up behind them, asking if 3 is a crowd. They sit at a table, he says he changed his mind about a quiet night at home, Marlena is rather testy, remind him of walking out without a word on Christmas Eve, Charlotte decides that since she is John’s therapist, she should not socialize with him and leaves. Marlena seems not too happy with John, and gets her things, leaving him at the table. She stops to say hello to Doug & Julie, then goes. A bit later, John has caught up with her, apologizes as he knows he upset her. He seems to have good intentions, but does all the wrong things. Marlena tells him she cares about him deeply, wishes him a Happy New Year, kisses him on the cheek, and departs.

Earlier, Chelsea comes into the Pub, asking Max if it is sex or football, explaining that when guys want to talk, it is either one or the other. They yak it up a bit, she wants him to come with her to Chez Rouge, he says no at first but agrees.
Philip, Lucas & Stephanie arrive at Chez Rouge, Melanie comes up to greet them, acting surprised to see them. Philip is not too happy, asks what she is doing there. She replies that like them, she is celebrating with friends. Stephanie tells Philip they must be invisible. They go to their table, Kate arrives, orders champagne for everyone, asking about Chloe. Lucas has called her 3 times, has no idea. Chelsea & Max arrive.
And there is Chloe at the DiMera front door, needing to talk to Nicole. And for some reason, it cannot be in the house, even tho no one is there, instead down to the docks, lattes in hand, where Chloe explains how Kate wants the wedding to Lucas moved up, but she is really not ready to settle down yet. Nicole is too smart for this, asks if there is someone else. No…….then yes, replies Chloe, insisting nothing has happened. But Nikki guesses the old black magic is there. Chloe claims she loves Lucas, wonders if she should tell him about this. Nope, men like to think they are the only song you dance to. Nicole gets a call from Dr. Baker, he thinks he has a baby. She will be right there, takes off, leaving Chloe to contemplate life while sitting on a bench.

Back at Chez Rouge, Maggie is beginning the countdown, only 8 more minutes to go. Philip & Stephanie get up to dance. Melanie watches enviously, we see her whispering to the sleazeball at the bar, he gets up, bumps into Stephanie spilling his drink all over her dress. She takes off to the ladies room, Phil looks over at the smirking Melanie. She denies having anything to do with it, he knows better. We are now down to less than a minute says Maggie. Max has left the table for some air, followed by Chelsea. Out on the dock, Chloe sits on the bench, finally deciding she had better get going. We can plainly see he 3 inch spike heels in all that snow and ice on the dock. She gets up, bumps right into Daniel, both claiming to be going home to change for the party. (would you all not agree it is already a bit late for that???). He wants to talk, nope, not a good idea. Off she goes, we hear a scream, Daniel runs, and next thing he is checking out Chloe’s foot, which appears to be sprained. Nope, she cannot walk on it, so he scoops her up in his arms and of course, faces are in close proximity, heavy breathing.
The countdown at Chez Rouge begins, Doug is right there next to Maggie, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1…..Happy New Year!!! As the strains of Auld Lang Syne are played by a mournful saxaphone, Max looks at Chelsea, who looks back, then plants a big kiss on him, and another, and it is like neverending. Suddenly she pushes him away and runs off.
And in her car, in what seems to be a snowstorm (that did not affect the docks) Nicole is stuck, has car trouble, smacks her hand on the steering wheel in frustration. Back in the DiMera house, EJ sits alone in front of the fire, drinking a brandy, as the song ends.

Barb

And to all of you, my friends, the best of health and happiness in 2009!
Should auld acquaintance be forgot, and never brought to mind..
Should auld acquaintance be forgot, and days of auld lang syne.
For auld lang syne my friends, for aul lang syne
We’ll take a cup of kindness yet…..for Auld Lang Syne.

Silliest scene today.......Stephanie gets a call on her cell while at Philip's, leaves the room to take it, as her friend is calling her about shoes. She wants to wear sling backs and Stephanie has to stop her! Sorry, it was inane. LOL

Oh, yeah, and I guess it is midnight on the docks, as fireworks go off when Dr. Perv is carrying Chloe. This is why their faces end up so close, as they look up, then at each other.

Happy New Year Everyone. Hope 2009 is a great one.

Thanks for the write up Poirot. I did not get to see it yesterday as The new cable company for some reason cut out a lot of the stations we are to get. When I got home no NTV. Will try to watch it on NBC today. Just a question is there no show on New Years Day. NTV has another show on today at noon.

DJM - Yes, I put a note at the top of today's eppy to let everyone know there is no show on New Year's Day, Thursday.

Will you no longer be getting day ahead? ?????

I have to say that the Chez Rouge has just got to be the most upscale place. Gals in evening gowns all over the place. Marlena, Charlotte, Melanie, I think kate, too, tho she wore her usual black. Gad she is becoming so irritating as she tries to still control everyone's liives.

Forgot to mention our Julie...she had a tiny chat with Melanie. She can be soooooo deliciously catty..as she let Melanie know she was on to her and her little "project"....trying to get Philip for herself.

I love that Bad Girl Julie is still in there somewhere. Teenage Julie with her misdeeds, manipulation, etc., would've put Melanie to shame. (Alice and Tom really had their hands full raising this grandchild!) Melanie would've given up a long time ago.

DJM - Yes, I put a note at the top of today's eppy to let everyone know there is no show on New Year's Day, Thursday.

Will you no longer be getting day ahead? ?????

Sorry I did not even see the note at the top I went right to the write up. Yes I will still be getting the day ahead. I called Videotron when I got home. They now have NTV on my channel list again. It was just to late for Days.

I have to say that the Chez Rouge has just got to be the most upscale place. Gals in evening gowns all over the place. Marlena, Charlotte, Melanie, I think kate, too, tho she wore her usual black. Gad she is becoming so irritating as she tries to still control everyone's liives.

Forgot to mention our Julie...she had a tiny chat with Melanie. She can be soooooo deliciously catty..as she let Melanie know she was on to her and her little "project"....trying to get Philip for herself.

I think Kates outfit was more of a shirt and skirt with coat thingy but I liked it still. I think everyones outfits were good! I liked it when the show has everyone dress up like that.

I also liked when she said that to Philip about dancing. It was funny.

I got to see the show today. I thought it was funny she would say all she wants is for her sons to be happy. Philip and Lucas. What about Rex and Autsin, Bille and Cassie. She never even spoke of them.

Wonder what will happen now that Nicole is stuck in the snow. EJ is wondering where she is. Looks like it is not Sami's baby that she is going to get. Sami has not given birth yet.

Doug and Julie were my favorite part of the show today. It's wonderful to see them so much in love after all these years. They could teach some of the young ones in Salem a thing or two.

Wouldn't it be fun if Melanie ends up living with Julie and Doug. Julie would certainly teach Melanie a thing or two and keep Melanie in line. Would love to see that. It would be as if Days came full circle.

I wanted to crush Melanie's head on today's show. She lives to make others unhappy.

As for Daniel and Chloe, go ahead and kiss and get it over with. The build-up is doing nothing for me. It's not hot, sexy, or even interesting. It's infidelity.

I would think Nicole would be dying to know who Chloe is interested in. She'd be likely to guess it to be Brady or maybe Philip. I thought it was unrealistic that she didn't ask Chloe who the guy is.

How is it that Nicole says to the doctor that she has "plenty of money" to buy the baby, yet she didn't have the money that he was trying to blackmail out of her? He even said that the baby's mother wouldn't accept a vase as payment. I thought for a second that Nicole hit something with her car when she was driving in the snow. Shades of 3 new years eves ago.

Back