Days Of Our Lives ~ Wednesday, December 17, 2008

KathyLu

Reaction score
Website
www.heraldanewday.com
Days Of Our Lives ~ Wednesday, December 17, 2008

At the pub, Melanie talks with Philip and Stephanie and drops her bombshell about Nick’s signing the rights to his invention over to her. Melanie tells Philip he would be a fool to ignore her now. Bo is on the phone with Hope when he hears a scream and yells Ciara’s name. Chelsea and Theo see Max at the dock. EJ tells Stefano to hang up when he hears him on the phone with Dr. Heisman. Daniel sees Nicole at the hospital and wants to examine her.

Philip doesn’t believe Melanie and, as she and Stephanie throw a few jabs at each other, Melanie tells Philip of her plans for a new position at Titan. She wants to stop the intern program and tells Philip he’s stuck with her. Philip replies he doesn’t get stuck and she’s out on her patootie. When Melanie threatens to take the project elsewhere, Philip decides to go see Nick and get him to change his mind. He promises to expose Melanie as the liar she is, accuses her of manipulating Nick and leaves.

At Bo’s house, he and Abe are talking and Bo assures him he feels fine. The discerning Abe knows it is more than that. Bo tells Abe about the scream he heard earlier and that it wasn’t Ciara. Abe asks if he has heard the screaming before and Bo says he also heard it the night before. Bo wonders if he is losing his mind.

EJ hangs up the phone. A furious Stefano reminds him whose house it is and he will talk with whomever he pleases as he throws the phone across the room. EJ calls his dad a bully and reminds him that Nicole has already said she doesn’t want to see Dr. Heisman. EJ trusts Nicole knows what is best for the baby and demands that Stefano treat them with respect if he wants to be a part of the baby’s life.

Nicole talks about how Daniel is Victor’s godson; there may be a conflict of interest and tells Daniel she is seeing another doctor. He offers to send the new doctor her records and Nicole says she will take the file herself.

Chelsea invites Max to go with Theo and her to the tree lighting and sees the box Trent left him. Max tells her he was thinking about getting rid of Charlie because the toy dog reminds him of Trent. Chelsea tells him to do whatever gives him peace of mind.

At Titan, Melanie tells Stephanie about all the changes she is going to make to the office. Melanie makes a crack about Stephanie’s making out with the boss and Stephanie denies it. They continue trading jabs and Melanie tells Stephanie that, the way she dresses, she should get a job at Hooters.

Nick knows why Philip came to see him as Philip tells him how Melanie could ruin the project. Nick says he owes Melanie and Philip will not talk him out of it. He says he is off the drugs and is not obsessed with Melanie anymore. He regrets using Melanie and the things he did to her.

Nicole gives her file to Dr. Baker and tells him he is going to pretend to be her obstetrician and he declines. He tells her he has already compromised his ethics by not telling EJ about the loss of the baby and will not do the same for his job. Nicole starts talking money.

EJ and Stefano continue to argue and the old man finally gives in and tells EJ he will try to respect his wishes. Stefano talks about his legacy. They smile and hug.

As Melanie continues to harangue Stephanie, she tells her about being with Philip in her bedroom at the pub. Stephanie accuses her of making it up as Melanie lays it on thick about how Philip was there to comfort her and it was a special time. Melanie leaves to let Stephanie mull over what she told her.

At the hospital, EJ asks Daniel about Nicole. Daniel tells him Nicole is now going to the doctor who saved their baby’s life. Dr. Baker tells Nicole he wants no part of her scheme even though he was tempted at first but has thought better of it. Nicole says there will be heck to pay when EJ and Stefano find out the good doctor lied. Feeling threatened by the DiMeras, Dr. Baker decides to help Nicole under one condition. EJ finds out where Nicole is and heads for Dr. Baker’s office. The doctor wants $750.000 in unmarked bills and Nicole says she doesn’t have that kind of money. The doctor says that’s pocket change to the DiMeras and that’s what his price is.

Philip tells Stephanie about his conversation with Nick and how he won’t change his mind. Stephanie asks if he slept with Melanie.

Max tries to talk to an unresponsive Theo. He and Chelsea talk about children and Max says she will make a great mom. Realizing his faux pas, he tries to apologize to Chelsea but she is Okay with it saying she can adopt. They talk about their respective love lives and being alone for the holidays. She asks Max what he’s going to do with Charlie. Theo overhears and says the dog’s name. Max gives the toy to him.

After Daniel examines Bo, he tells Bo there is no sign of a tumor and he should lower his stress level and come back in a couple of weeks if he’s still having problems. Just then, Bo has a vision of a child on a stretcher and hears someone say the child isn’t breathing.

Philip denies Melanie’s accusations and tells Stephanie there is no reason for her to feel insecure. As they go in for a kiss, Melanie exclaims about company policy and says maybe Stephanie should be her intern if there’s going to be a conflict of interest with Philip and Stephanie working so closely together. Stephanie vows to quit before she will be Melanie’s intern and Melanie accuses her of not being a team player.

Melanie wants to know how Philip’s visit with Nick went and when he doesn’t answer, she starts talking about taking the corner office and asks Stephanie if she has a list of the changes she wants to make. When she orders Stephanie to get going, Philip tells Melanie not to talk to her that way. After Melanie lamely apologizes, Stephanie cuts loose on her about what she said happened between Melanie and Philip. He denies it again saying he would rather stick his hand in a garbage disposal than have sex with her. Philip reminds her she’s only been there a week and she can take her project and leave.

Nicole is astonished at what Dr. Baker wants and storms out of the office only to run into EJ who wants to know what’s going on.

Previews:

Rafe tells Sami it’s time she gets a new guard since his identity has been compromised.
John asks for Marlena’s help.
Nicole tells EJ that DiMeras should be feared.

Where does Melanie get off telling Philip how to run his company? Wasn't it just a short while ago that Philip wasn't really interested in that project anyway? Now he is putting up with this mess! I am not liking Melanie this way. If this keeps up, I will have to cancel my membership in the Melanie club.

I hope this child that Bo is seeing is not Ciara. If they kill her off too....that will just be too much. :mad:

Great write up KathyLu! Thanks!

Thanks, KathyLu.

It was good to see Abe and Bo together without neurotic Lexie around.

I'm totally sick of the Nicole/Dr. Baker/EJ sl. I actually got to watch in real time today, and left the room to do other things whenever any of them were on. Left when Melanie was on, too, but could hear her whininess through the wall. :-(

I haven't liked Mel since she came on the show, although I must say her acting is very very good at her role. She's a little snot and SHE knows it.

Dr. Dan is now an obstetrician? I think he just wants to examine ALL the women, IMO.

KathyLu, thanks for the write up and taking your time to do it. I've been busy and haven't been able to stay up late to watch on Soapnet, so I've been reading the summaries. But, I'll get to stay up late tomorrow night through Jan. 3rd as I'm off til Jan. 5th! :)

Thanks, KathyLu. I just got home from town and read the summary, now I'm going to watch. If Philip starts letting Melanie call any shots at all, I may have to figure out a way to get inside the tv screen and strangle him!

Thanks, KathyLu. I just got home from town and read the summary, now I'm going to watch. If Philip starts letting Melanie call any shots at all, I may have to figure out a way to get inside the tv screen and strangle him!

You go Cowgirl!

Thanks for the write up KathyLu. I'll have to try to stay up to watch on Soapnet tonight.

I felt sorry for Melanie at first, then got annoyed with the character, then felt sorry for her again when Trent was killed (I didn't feel sorry for him though), and now I'm back to annoyed.

:OT:How old is Mel supposed to be? If she graduated from the Sorbonne (didn't Philip say a while back that was on Mel's resume?) she'd be a college graduate but she doesn't seem old enough. Maybe she had a slight case of SORAS? Also, I'm pretty sure the Sorbonne is in Paris not Marseille. :confused:

Thanks for the recap KathyLou.
I actually got to watch today :smile:(don't usually cuz dad watches old movies). Boy if I could reach through the tv and strangle that Melanie I would. She is such a brat!!!! Just reading dosen't make me as upset as seeing her act like a B*tch. Maybe it's better for my blood pressure if I don't watch every day. lol
Thanks again KathyLou.:clap:

I could lnot believe how Melanie was acting at Titan, as if she owned it, was a partner. She was giving orders about which office she was going to have, changing the paint, furniture, paintings on the wall, intern program, needing two assistants.
Melanie LIED about graduating from the Sorbonne. Philip called her on it, cuz he knew better. She wrote up that fake resumé thinking she was gonna be impressing some guy who did not know her. LOL

I Just could not believe how she tried to imply, too, that she & Philip slept together. she is a truly a piece of work. Just WHERE does an 18 yr old kid get off thinking she would have the power just because she has the rights to that machine.
Nick said he worked out the kinks.....so how does anyone know a prototype would work???? I just wish Philip would have told Nick all that Melanie already said and tried to pull off. Not that he would have cared.

Have to say Bo"s visions are rather interesting. It is a child who screams...and it is a child on a gurney or hospital bed where someone says this child is not breathing.
He seems to be seeing some accident/event still to come.

Ohhhh boy, I am thinking I need to suspend my membership in the Melanie club.

I am very interested in Bo's visions.

Thanks KathyLu!

Well, Beckaboo, I don't know about her schooling, but I believe she just celebrated her 18th birthday about a month ago!

I googled the sorbonne to satisfy my morbid curiosity and this from their website: " The Paris-Sorbonne University is the largest institution in France focusing on the Humanities, and more particularly Classical Studies.
Paris-Sorbonne welcomes a total of about 23,000 students and offers BAs, Mas, doctorates, MBAs and teacher’s certification in many disciplines."

If Mel is smart enough to graduate from there why is she an admin at Titan??

Oh well, I think I almost forgot that this is Days and reality has no place in Salem.

We met her when she was at high school boarding school in Marseilles, and was 17 years old....she certainly never went to the Sorbonne. Yes, it is an impressive school, like Oxford or Cambridge in England......but just another lie on her part.

Of course, maybe she went to college first........then high school.....lol.

Back