Days of Our Lives Wednesday January 5, 2022

Kris10

Reaction score
Nicole talking to the bear when EJ comes in and says they need to talk and she tells him she's mourning the death of a friend. EJ brings up that he tossed that months ago. They further discuss her connection to the bear and Nicole's upset about him and Sami. Nicole thinks it was Sami who destroyed the bear. EJ doesn't buy that it was Sami but he'll ask her when they are on speaking terms again. Nicole delights in telling EJ Sami left town with Lucas.

Ava asks if Rafe thinks it was her who killed the bear and says Why would she do that? (I mean she did do everyone a favor IF they get rid of the body now) They discuss how she doesn't like his and Nicole's friendship. Rafe says Ava has nothing to worry about Blah Blah. Ava says she had no motive to destroy the bear, she'd never do anything to hurt either of them. Rafe apologizes for accusing her and being suspicious. He tells her that Nicole thinks Sami did it. Ava says she did see a blonde getting on the elevator as she was leaving but she can't say for sure it was Sami. Rafe mentions security cameras and going through them. Ava asks if he's seriously going to do that.

Rex and Xander run into each other. Xander offers to buy him a beer. Rex wants to know why he'd want to buy him a beer. Xander wants to finish their conversation about Sarah. Rex tells Xander about Sarah dumping him when they met up to go to the airport. Xander says it doesn't make any sense. That they were happy and then Sarah torpedoed it to be with Rex and then did another 180 mind change. They both think the situation was bizarre. Xander brings up the Kristen/Susan thing and Rex wonders what he's talking about. He explains and they discuss Kristen happily telling him as Susan about Sarah and Rex - Rex brings up the island and Kristen's plans to send Kate there and also the Kate mask.

Abby tells Jack and everyone about Maggie's concerns about Sarah and that it's up to her to find Sarah if Steve can't help. When Gwen asks why she'd do that, Abby says She's family - why wouldn't I help find her. Abby says she promised Maggie and she will follow through with it. Gwen says that it's not about that, but getting back at her. Abby says it has nothing to do with Gwen, but more finding her cousin. Gwen tries to say that it is about Xander and his pain having to read everything dug up again after Sarah hurt him. Abby says Gwen doesn't want Sarah found because she'd lose Xander.

Chad and Kate talking about EJ and if he actually did kidnap Sami. Kate thinks that that was incredibly stupid and easily traceable etc. Chad thinks Kate is accusing him of rigging the books. Kate doesn't believe EJ would leave a paper trail. Chad admits there was digging involved and the kidnapper said EJ was involved and Chad had to look into it. Kate wants the truth - she doesn't believe the story - did Chad set up EJ? Chad says he had no reason to set up EJ. Kate brings up EJ worming his way onto Johnny's movie. Chad said he would have been justified in planting the evidence, but he didn't. Kate says if EJ can prove what he's done, which Chad interrupts and says Ej can't do that because Chad did nothing. Kate says swear on your father's grave. Chad tells Kate - Lucas planted the evidence. She wants to know why and he says to keep Sami away from EJ of course. Kate says she doesn't believe it.

EJ thinks Nicole is joking, but she says that Rafe heard it from Allie. He can't believe Sami went running back to Lucas. Nicole's relieved to be rid of Lucas. EJ says that's ridiculous and Lucas was the one who had her kidnapped. Nicole wants to know if he has proof that Lucas set him up. Ej says No. Nicole brings up the evidence and that the Dimera board clearly believes it.

Abby makes Jen and Jack promise to come back soon. They want her to bring the kids to see them. Then say goodbye. Jack and Gwen are left alone and Jack wants to know what is really going on. Why she's afraid she'll lose Xander. They talk about Xander covering for Gwen and how he was willing to go to prison for her. Jack says nothing in the world will change that, not even Sarah.

Ava teases Rafe about getting a warrant for Sami's arrest for the bear incident. Rafe bought her a gift to say he was sorry for making her feel like he didn't trust her.

EJ says he shouldn't have entertained the thought of getting back together with Sami or torn up the divorce papers. But that made him realize he really wanted Nicole. Nicole calls the bluff that its only because Sami is with Lucas - he denies it of course.

Chad tells Kate even though EJ didn't kidnap Sami - she knows EJ is not a good guy. They discuss that Lucas is a good guy - even with the kidnapping incident. He wants her to keep it a secret.

Rafe wants to know if Ava forgives him - then she dreams of smashing a cake in his face and saying no. But she really does say she does.

Gwen apologizes to Jennifer and Jack for how she treated Abigail. They say if she needs him, she can call. And Jack says she can call him Dad again.

Xander comes by to see Abigail and discuss her looking for Sarah. She wants him to tell her everything.

Kate doesn't want to keep Lucas' secret because if Roman finds out she let Sami leave town with her kidnapper - it wouldn't end well. They discuss the kidnapping more. Kate says she's not sure she can keep quiet and EJ walks in wanting to know what they are talking about.

Last edited:
I loved, loved, loved Nicole today.
I love She has become this confident, graceful and well-spoken lady.
I love her deminer, fashion sense and hair styles.
She stood up for herself with no problem, finally.

Boy, do I agree. I loved her telling EJ off. All she said, the way she said it. I liked how she referenced men wanting her, but then Eric choosing God, Rafe choosing Ava, EJ choosing Sami. And now. no thank you, she is not anyone's consolation prize. Kudos.

Yes. I think we can all agree EJ had lost his ever-loving mind expecting Nicole to take him back when he was ready to dump her YESTERDAY for stupid Sami and came crawling back today. You could get whiplash trying to follow the “you’re my one and only” declarations from him and Sami. Just idiotic.

Of course, I still expect Nicole to take Rafe back in a heartbeat once Ava shows her crazy.

I like the non-romantic duo of Abigail and Xander. That could be fun if they go on the road together and get to be friends.

I was kinda hoping smashing the cake in Rafe's face was for real but nope. Ava gonna do something crazy.

Poor Kate. Both her sons are unstable and do illegal things in the name of love. Not a fan of Chad in the first place but to hear him say well maybe EJ didn't kidnap Sami but he's done other stuff. Yeah Chad I bet you also have done things!

Am glad it appears Xander is finally putting 2 and 2 together about what happened to Sarah.

I loved Nicole telling EJ off today. How dumb does he think she is? Certainly not as much as Samantha, contrary to what that character said a few weeks ago. However, Nicole wasn't exactly right in saying Rafe chose Ava...SHE chose Ava for him, and he complied. Nicole decided to keep her distance from Rafe and Ava, then finally slept with him, then told Rafe that he should be with Ava yet keeps finding ways to run into him! Granted, he (or Nicole, as her 'best friend') should just fess up to Ava and break up with her instead of this ridiculous game that lets her keep plotting against them.

That's the worst part of this Nicole, Rafe and Ava stuff. It's not like they are married for years or have kids together. They're dating and if you find out you're dating someone and it's not what you want you break up. I get Nicole feeling bad but they could have had an interesting story about all of this without the cheating.

Not to mention she's basically saying that her friend being with a cheater is ok. Nothing makes sense.

Thanks, Kris.

Nicole told EJ off today, but she should have kicked him where it counts.

Poor Kate, Lucas will probably have to join Philip where he is to get better. Do you think it's
Kate's fault? Maybe if Kate didn't dislike all the women her sons wanted things would be
different for them...never know.

Rex gave Xander a lot of clues today. About Kristen dressing up like Kate and the DiMera's having
a deserted island to send their victims. I wonder if Kristen is there too hiding.

Rafe finally remembered he had a brain. He told Ava he was going to check the cameras at Basic
Black to see who might killed Duke. Will Ava get there first and destroy the footage?

Roman finds out she let Sami leave town with her kidnapper
She left town with her rapist and he didn't bat an eyelash.

If they'd actually bothered to redeem Ava, or make her grey, I'd say they could be setting up a quadrangle.

But they're not investing in anything more than a few superficial switcheroos.

. However, Nicole wasn't exactly right in saying Rafe chose Ava...SHE chose Ava for him, and he complied. Nicole decided to keep her distance from Rafe and Ava, then finally slept with him, then told Rafe that he should be with Ava yet keeps finding ways to run into him! Granted, he (or Nicole, as her 'best friend') should just fess up to Ava and break up with her instead of this ridiculous game that lets her keep plotting against them.
My personal opinion is that Nicole told Rafe to stay with Ava but, she did not choose Ava for Rafe. He is a big boy and should have told Ava he is not in love with her even when Nicole tried to chase him away. Maybe if he would have split up with Ava, THEN Nicole would have come around.
I think Rafe is completely in the wrong in this situation.

I think so too. And I agree that only Rafe is responsible for his actions. That being said, when Nicole showed up the day after Halloween, it did seem as if he wanted to dump Ava and Nicole told him not to, that it was a mistake, to stay away...Rafe still should've left Ava anyways and told her the truth. But as he said before, he is trying to respect Nicole's wishes (granted, not trying hard enough).

I agree. I really liked Rafe with Nicole, but not this way. These writers are really the worst at writing love stories. Instead of Rafe admitting his feelings, breaking up with Ava at the beginning, he and Nicole could have been an amazing pairing. But that's all messed up now that Rafe is a cheater.

My frustration is them always seeing that fans want a certain couple, then they make one (or both) characters act so outrageously out of character, drag the story for months...that by the time they get together (or are about to), either nobody cares anymore or the couple isn't worth rooting for. Now they did this not just to Hope & Rafe and Rafe & Nicole, but previously to Eric & Nicole, Nicole & EJ, Sami & Rafe, Lucas & Sami...the only couples the show kept on for long were ones most fans loathed (Jennifer and Daniel) or controversial pairings (Sami and EJ).

I have been getting the feeling of late, that the show figures that their stupid moves have soap boards yakking, and thus are "publicizing" the show. Alas, negativity does not add to viewership.

Their other problem is taping so far in advance. So, let's say some scenes are filmed in July. They are not seen til December/January. Feedback begins on the boards, and directly to the show. Uh, oh, got to change stuff. writers take a month or four to revise scripts, write new story directions (using JasonD's fav, "left turn". ) It is now May. Scripts get revised a bit, producers supposedly look over and read. And for heaven's sakes, it is now July, a whole year later, before filming the changes & again, Dec/Jan before viewers see a new direction.
So it would seem to me, Corday & producers are neglecting their jobs. They should head off what will sure not be liked at all by the viewing public. And if they are unable, NBC need to step up, and make sure competent writers & producers are at the helm.

I really liked Nicole today, too. The only thing is that her and the actor who plays EJ have great chemistry, so I am intrigued whenever they are on screen together.
Team Ava here, if I overheard that my boyfriend and supposed BFF fooled around I would be angry, humiliated and more! I know Rafe and Ava are not married but still a trust is there when you say you want to commit. And he has told her that he wants to. Rafe and Nicole could have been a great couple but not anymore.

Back