Days of our Lives - Wednesday July 20,2022

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not sure who will find today's show enjoyable. We do find out that Lucas didn't kill his niece. But given his recovered memories the Salem PD missed a lot of blood all over the downstairs.

Allie is on the couch whining about her parents not getting remarried. She was talking to Tripp and then to cheer her up Grandma Kate drops in on her. Grandma Kate tells her we should get details today. Lucas wants to know what was Sarah doing at the DiMansion when he was there.

Rafe calls Chad and tells him he is bringing in a suspect. Because BEFORE he has talked to anyone about what they might know, Rafe is telling Chad who has shown to be calm and collected.

Replay of the ruining of Sarah and Xandie’s wedding and Jada being all professional-ish

Chad needs to know what information this person has; Rafe tries to explain to Chad that Chad will jeopardize the investigation if he comes into the police station. Where as Rafe calling before he knows ANYTHING isn’t jeopardizing the investigation.

Sonny drops in to see Chad. Sonny’s shirt is a fashion statement that I don’t understand.

Xander and Maggie have no clue who this person is and why she is hassling upstanding citizens. Yes, they said that Maggie, Xander and Sarah claimed to be upstanding citizens. Where is Victor, he’d have Jada in her place and this wedding completed.

Kate and Allie chat about Lucas and fighting charges and stuff. Kate has some super-secret things to talk about with Allie.

Chanel and Johnny meet up.

Sonny and Chad argue as Chad loses his mind. This Chad is really annoying and has Shawn’s brain loss disease. Chad only knows someone killed his wife.

Rafe enters the all-purpose interrogation room. Lucas will say whatever it is Rafe wants him to say. Now that’s solid police work. Lucas thanks Marlena for helping him. Marlena can’t understand why Lucas did what he did. Lucas knows he has lost Sami forever and it’s his own fault. Lucas thinks the fog is clearing. Lucas hopes it wasn’t him who hurt Sarah.

Jada, can’t tell them who told them they saw Sarah. Sarah claims she might have been at the DiMera house.

Sonny and Chad now talk about EJ and how it might have been Chad’s fault that Abigail was killed. Or something convoluted about EJ.

Kate and Allie and a knock on the door. Marlena appears, Kate and Marlena snark at each other. Kate pries about the session. Marlena wasn’t going to discuss things, but Lucas wanted her to share the information. Marlena spills the beans about what we already know about the session.

Lucas and Rafe; Lucas gives his official statement. He cut his hand, he heard a noise, he saw Sarah running down the stairs.

Sarah said she had a reason to go to the mansion, she had to see Abigail. Jada wants to know what Sarah walked to Dr. Evans about. Jada wonders why Sarah thought that was a good idea.

Chanel and Johnny are annoyingly talking in the town square. Johnny whines about his parents too and he is upset his parents aren’t together. Johnny pulls out a ring box with Chanel’s engagement ring.

Allie, Kate and Marlena discuss the fact that Sarah was at the DiMera house. Kate thanks Marlena and says even though you are upset with me. Allie is curious.

Chad and Sonny talk more.

Sarah, Jada, and Xander briefly chat. Xander asks Jada to leave.

Lucas continues with giving his statement to Rafe. statement: Sarah ran off, Sarah stopped at the door, Sarah dropped something, Rafe wants to know what it was.

Johnny is pleading his case after Chanel tells him to give her space. Johnny drops to a knee and asks Chanel to marry him.

Marlena can’t believe that Kate hasn’t told Allie anything. Marlena sends eye daggers to Kate. Kate finally tells Allie that she knew all along that Lucas kidnapped her mom.

Apparently kidnapping is the absolute worst crime in all of Salem.

Roman and now Allie have kicked Kate to the curb.

Sonny and Chad continue to chat about baseball, football…. Nope, they really discuss how horrible a person Chad is how full of rage Chad is. However, baseball and football would be a welcome relief from this conversation. Sonny tells Chad to call him next time he fills overwhelmed or whatever.

Rafe questions Lucas about what Sarah was looking at on the floor. Lucas remembers that Sarah picked something up, but he didn’t see it. Rafe asks then what did you do. Go after Sarah, go upstairs to see Abigail?

Maggie and Xander want to finish the wedding, but again Sarah calls it off again. Xander wants to make Sarah his wife. Sarah can’t go through with it. Sarah wants to help Detective Jada, Sarah is going to go to the station and tell everything she knows.

Lucas is now remembering, he didn’t go upstairs, he looked at his hand it was bleeding, he went back to the bar and grabbed another towel and left through the French doors. Rafe wants to know where Lucas went after that.

Allie leaves her place after asking Marlena to watch sleeping Henry.

Johnny and Chanel talk about how they’d still be together if the devil hadn’t gotten in the way. Johnny wants, needs and must have Chanel. Stalker anyone???

Sonny thinks that alcohol is a good idea so he poor a drink for Chad. Chad is hearing things now. Chad talks of all the ways he misses Abigail.

Lucas remembers he kept staggering out the door, he kept falling, Lucas is so very happy that he didn’t kill Abigail.

Maggie walks Detective Hunter out to the foyer. Xander and Sarah talk about Sarah’s blackouts. Sarah thinks she might have done it. So of course, she didn’t do it.

Kate worries she’s messed up her relationship with her granddaughter. Allie hates, Kate and Lucas now. Kate is happy that Allie is surrounded by people who love her.

Chanel and Johnny kiss.

OF course Allie walks in on this kiss.

Thanks for the summary. Surely we know that if someone is arrested this early, they are not guilty. I don't think Leo did it, but he did go to her room after she was killed and took the jewelry, so maybe he saw it happen? Or we will see him remembering stealing the jewelry BEFORE the killing. But, I am thinking this will last through the summer. And that it will end up being a minor character with a reason we have never heard before. But, I think we will soon have Gwen be the suspect. And, because we know she broke out of jail for a field trip, I think that clears her, too. I am thinking that she went to see Abby and wanted to tell her the truth about Laura.

Robins, I agree with you. Not sure who would enjoy the show today. Is anyone really interested in the Allie/Chanel/Johnny love triangle? I'd rather see Allie trying to decide still between Chanel and Tripp.

The Abby investigation thing needs to hurry up. While I'm glad Lucas is sort of exonerated and that everyone knows the truth about Kate, it doesn't feel like much else was accomplished. Other than stopping the Xander and Sarah wedding, which was so dreadfully boring before Jada showed up.

Sonny and Chad, another boring scene. Why is everyone constantly drinking? I used to think this about EJ and Belle, now we see this...can't they give Brady and Chloe an interesting storyline to take the frontrunner instead of this crap?

It's probably just a red herring ReRon has thrown at us, but if Gwen snuck out of prison and still has the Sarah mask, might she be the killer? She probably wanted to get back at Jack and take what he loved (Abby) away from him. She lost everything, or so she thinks, so she really had nothing to lose by killing her sister.

Yeah, I know, the most obvious one is usually not the killer. I do think it will be somebody wearing a Sarah mask and taking advantage of her hallucinations.

Thanks for the summary. I can't help but roll my eyes at Marlena's indignation when she raised Sami who finds joy in hurting everyone. As someone said before it's like Lucas is the worst person in the world when these people have excused a lot of other criminals.

I have double vision and Sonny's shirt just about did me in! Who dresses the actors? Ciara was in skin-tight leather pants a few hours after giving birth and then wore a hooker dress to a funeral. Somebody in the wardrobe department needs a visit from someone who can give them some good advice.

Perfect Fit: Jada Hunter seems like a good addition to the Salem justice system: today, asking Sarah the kind of questions that should only be responded to in the presence of counsel. How long will it be before she picks up where Bo Brady left off and starts making regular, illegal, warrantless searches of Salem buildings?

Unrealistic Expectations: Foolish Allie actually thought that Kate would sell out her son to the cops? Whole groups of pigs would be flying around City Hall before that happens. As for Lucas, he could show his gratitude for his mother's loyalty by changing his last name back to Roberts.

Distraction: Could Sonny have worn that shirt today to get Chad's mind off his problems. Instead of obsessing on themes like "woe is me" or "Lucas must pay," Chad would be thinking, "OMG, where did Sonny get that awful shirt!"

Thanks, robin.

I didn't mind Sonny's shirt since he wasn't overly dressed like Chad was. I guess the DiMeras don't care
about saving electricity since they are overdressed for summer.

Lucas remembered he didn't kill Abigail.

Chad needs to talk to Marlena or someone to stop all his boo hooing.

Poor Kate. Both Roman and Allie don't want her around. Boo-hoo.

Poor Xander, His wedding got interrupted just like his wedding to Gwen.

Poor Sarah. She has to be questioned by the Salem PD. Will she be hypnotized by Marlena like Lucas was?

Poor Allie. She saw Chanel kiss Johnny.

Chad has been added to my growing list of unwatchables. I can't be sympathetic to people whose pain/sadness is played out in anger. Yes, I know that's how some in real life handle it. Chad has a long history of running all over town yelling and trying to fight with people, partly due to all the times Abby had been mistreated by others. It's been way overdone, over and over. Send him to hang out with Sami and they can yell and screech at each other!

Back