Days Of Our Lives, Wednesday, September 10, 2008

KathyLu

Reaction score
Website
www.heraldanewday.com
The scene opens in France with a paramedic dressing a wound on Nick's right shoulder. He refuses to tell police what happened while Chelsea and Melanie look on. Back in Salem at the pub, Morgan is having a cup of tea when Philip walks up and tries talking with her but she's not having any. He asks her again if they can start over and bemoans the fact that they never really had a chance to explore their feelings for each other and that they should remember the good times and forget about the rest. Philip sits down talking about how sorry he is that their relationship couldn't have gone further. Morgan angrily tells Philip that her dad is behind bars and he helped to put them there.

At the Horton cabin, Chloe and Lucas talk about working on the alone time they had been hoping for. Nicole walks in Stefano’s house and begins a conversation with EJ telling him that she's attracted to him, but as long as he has feelings for Sami it can go nowhere. An angry Sami walks in and asks EJ why he's standing there talking to Nicole when he should be fighting for their daughter.

EJ questions her use of the term "our daughter" and she says she thought EJ loved her like a daughter. EJ tells her she always reminds him that he is not Allie's dad. Sami rants about how she doesn't want Allie at the cabin with Lucas and a third rate opera singer when Nicole interrupts, telling Sami that she and EJ were in the middle of a conversation.

Chloe and Lucas are in an outdoor shower at the cabin. It's the same scene as it was in the elevator except there’s soap and water involved this time. Things are just starting to heat up when they hear Allie crying.

At the pub, Morgan is still angry with Philip talking about how her dad will probably spend the rest of his life in prison when Philip replies that Paul and John are at fault for the whole thing. Philip gets a phone call from Daniel asking him to come to the hospital to talk to him about Kate. Philip asks Morgan to go to the hospital with him and she reluctantly agrees.

A police officer is trying to question Melanie and Nick when Max gets upset and tries to get them to tell what happened. Chelsea gets in Melanie's face and starts yelling at her about what she's done to Nick. Melanie obviously doesn't know Chelsea, but they get into a screaming match. Max tells them to shut up and Chelsea apologizes to Nick for spouting off as he is taken to the hospital. Max tells Chelsea that she doesn't know the whole story. Chelsea wants to know if something's going on between Nick and Melanie.

Sam is in Nicole's face about why she's there and Nicole throws it up to Sami that she has so many children by so many different fathers and now she's lost custody of her daughter to an ex-con. EJ seems to have a headache and interrupts the screaming match by telling Sami that she has to face the fact that Lucas now has shared custody of Allie, and it doesn't mean she will never see her daughter again. Sami insists that EJ do something and he yells at her saying he was not put on this planet to fix her problems. He says he has his own problems

Sami is still ranting at EJ, accusing him of being cavalier about her problems. EJ says his life has been turned upside down because of the problems with Stefano, John and Tony and he's right in the middle. He tells Sami and Nicole that he doesn't have time to deal with either of their problems and they should relax and leave him out of it. Nicole says she needs EJ’s help as Sami pulls the “poor me” act telling EJ to go do his own thing and she'll take care of her own problems. EJ said the judge made a ruling and that's the end of it. Sami accuses him of feeling comfortable because his son Johnny is upstairs safely in bed while her daughter is with a man she hardly knows. Sami says Allie is probably crying her eyes out, and she's going crazy. EJ says he understands it is difficult for Sami, but it's not the end of the world and that she must be strong. Sami says, No! No!” and storms out

At the cabin Chloe is trying to quiet Allie when Lucas comes running in and takes her out of Chloe's arms. Lucas wants to know why she's crying so much and Chloe thinks maybe she's sick. Lucas says Allie misses Sami and Chloe says that life without Sami will be a lot calmer and Allie will realize that soon.

At the hospital Morgan and Philip walk in still quarreling. Philip says Paul chose to get involved in the war between John and him and was desperate for money and power. Philip doubts that Paul loves Morgan as much as he said he did or he wouldn't have gotten into so much trouble. He said Paul made bad choices; that's why ended up in prison and that Morgan should not continue to blame Philip. Philip again says he hopes they can work through this when Kate walks up and wants to know what's wrong with Philip.

Max wonders why Chelsea cares about something going on between Nick and Melanie. Chelsea says just because she broke up with Nick doesn't mean she doesn't care about him anymore and that they're still friends. Max asks her to lay off Melanie and Chelsea says she'll try, because she cares about Max just like she still cares about Nick. She knows she hurt Nick, can see it in his eyes and that she had her chance and blew it. Max says Stephanie told him that it's over between Daniel and Chelsea and he tells Chelsea he's sorry. She replies, “Me too,” and they hug. Chelsea wonders why things can't be simple and good for both of them and Max says he wishes he knew.

At the hospital, Kate says that Philip and Morgan are a bad idea and Morgan agrees. She tells Kate off and walks away. Kate insists she is just trying to protect Philip, and he says she means “overprotective” and wants to know why he is there. Philip says Daniel called him and Kate says Daniel is being an alarmist. Kate says she's not going to let Philip make another mistake, and Philip says that no matter which woman he chooses she will never be good enough and that when it comes to Lucas and Philip no woman has ever been good enough for Kate.

Lucas has gotten Allie to sleep, and he and Chloe are whispering. Lucas leaves to get some firewood and Chloe stays to watch the baby. She sings to Allie and it seems to work.

EJ comes into the living room and says, “No Samantha, No Nicole.” He realizes what Sami may have done and says, “Oh no she didn't,” which is a cue for Nicole to walk back in asking what did Sami do now. EJ says that Sami took Allie's favorite teddy bear and went to the island. EJ gets his keys, walks off saying he's going to have to deal with it while Nicole looks disgusted with the whole thing.

Back in France, Chelsea just got off the phone and Stephanie walks up asking if she's Okay. Stephanie says Melanie has been through a lot and they leave. Max asks the officer if he could speak with Melanie privately. He talks to Melanie about Trent pimping her out to get rid of a gambling debt. Max is obviously very upset and so is Melanie. Max says it's time the gets back to Salem and that he and Melanie should continue to be part of each other's lives, even though they live on different continents. Melanie asks Max to keep in touch and they hug. She apologizes for putting Max in jail and says they need to go see how Nick is doing. Max says Nick is a good guy and Melanie says she hasn’t met a lot of them before and that Max is a good guy too. Max goes to talk to the officer and walks away leaving Melanie crying. Melanie gets a text from her dad asking if she's Okay and she throws her phone down.

Kate insists that she has been supportive of Philip’s relationships. Kate hacks away as Daniel tells Kate that he called Philip hoping he can talk some sense into her about getting an x-ray. Philip tries to talk her into it but she refuses still coughing.

At the cabin Chloe is softly talking to Allie and realizing her hair still wet. She goes outside to rinse her hair just as Sami walks in the other door with the teddy bear in her hand calling Lucas’ name.

At the hospital, the three are still discussing the x-ray. Philip takes Kate aside to talk to her privately. Kate says she should not be interfering in Philip's and Lucas's life and should be supportive of their relationships. She says she's planning not to interfere in Philips life anymore and asks him not to interfere in hers. Kate says Morgan has a lot of problems, and that's why she acted that way toward her. Morgan is listening a few feet away when Philip tells Kate he really cares about Morgan and that she does have problems and because he cares about her, her problems are his problems. Kate says she (Kate) comes up pretty empty in the relationship department and who is she to give Philip advice. She gives Daniel a knowing look, and Philip realizes that something's been going on between the good doctor and his mother.

Stephanie says she knows Chelsea broke up with Daniel, needed to get away and she needs to talk about it and asks what happened. Chelsea tells Stephanie that Daniel crabbed her granny and Stephanie finds it hard to believe. She explains that it was a while before she got involved with Daniel and she's tried to get over it but she just can't. Stephanie asks Chelsea if she came there because she wants to get back with Nick.

Sam is holding Allie, when EJ walks in the same open door and questions Sami's reasons for coming there. Sami is upset because EJ followed her and EJ says they need to have a talk. Meanwhile, Nicole is on the phone reporting a possible kidnapping.

Philip says he doesn't believe he can handle that Daniel and Kate have been in a relationship. Kate refuses to talk about it anymore and walks off. Philip calls Daniel dysfunctional and disloyal to Victor and Daniels says his involvement with Kate was not disloyal to Victor.

Max tells Stephanie and Chelsea that he is going home to kill Trent. Lucas finds EJ and Sami with Allie and warns her she is not going to kidnap his daughter. Sami says she just wanted to see her. Lucas says she is fine and to get away from her.

Philip tells Morgan he could strangle Daniel for what he did to Chelsea but he will let it go because he wants to concentrate on “you and me.” They kiss.

After giving Chloe an accusatory look for leaving Allie alone, Lucas tells Sami to get out just as the police come for her. They tell her to give the baby to Lucas and he says, “Way to go, Sami. I’m just one step closer to getting full custody.”

Previews:
Max says Trent deserves to die.
John asks Marlena not to date Trent.
Chelsea sees Melanie kiss Nick in his hospital bed.

Sounds like a great episode. Thanks for the write-up KathyLu! You did an admirable job of filling in for Poirot.

And thanks for including the previews. I keep meaning to ask Barb if she would mind including them in her write-ups. I always like to know if my favorite characters are going to be on the show the next day.

Thanks, kpatch. It was my pleasure and maybe next time, I won't be so wordy. That's a failing of mine but I didn't want to leave anything out.

Thanks for the write up KathyLu. I was so tired today that I started to watch and fell asleep and the VCR was out of tape and didn't tape I didn't have time before work to set the VCR for the later showing. What a great show and you did a wonderful job writing it up.

By the way - I love how Sami conveniently refers to Allie as "their" daughter when speaking with E.J.

Good for him for calling her on it. He may think of her as a daughter, but he realizes that Lucas has his rights also.

I'm so glad EJ called Sami on the "their daughter" thing. Allie is Lucas' daughter until Sami needs EJ to fight her fight, then she's EJ's.

Frankly EJ shouldn't have gone after Sami, he should have called the cops himself. I understand why he didn't but still. I know many will rail on Nicole for calling them and I know she didn't do it for any noble reason, but I for one am glad she did.

If Sami just had to see her daughter then she should call or knock and wait at the front door for Lucas or Chloe to answer and then explain herself. I would just love to see how Sami would have reacted if Lucas sneaked into her house and was holding Allie when it was supposed to be Sami's time with her!

Thanks for the write up kathy!

Fabulous job, kathylu........and I did not get to see the show at all. Will try for Soapnet tonite, if I can stay awake. Am very tired. Thank you, really, so very much. This sounds like a can't miss.....I so want to see Sami get arrested. LOL

KathyLu, you did an outstanding job. Thank you very much!

I get the feeling E.J. is becoming more and more sympathetic toward Lucas. They may end up friends in the long run.

I'm starting to like Melanie and am interested to see where this is going.

I would absolutely love to see EJ and Lucas come to some sort of understanding, if not friendship. They really are in the same boat. I think EJ is starting to get that. He's taking notes on how Sami is reacting to the custody thing for sure.

Melanie, I still don't like although I am more sympathetic to her after seeing how horrific Trent is to her. I mean we knew he was scum but gaaaaah!!!

Philip Threatens to Strangle Daniel!

OMG! I just finished watching the show. Did anyone catch Philip telling Morgan that he's ready to strangle Daniel (for sleeping with his mother), and Morgan's reply was, "You're a good son."

That's not what she thought when he threatened to kill her father. Philip needs to watch his words a little better. I sure hope Daniel doesn't wind up swimming with the fishes and someone has a tape of Philip threatening Daniel's life, LOL.

Speaking of swimming with the fishes, Philip also needs to stop watching The Godfather. He told Daniel that he was disloyal to Victor. Not sure I see how sleeping with Victor's ex-wife is disloyal, but it did have shades of Marlon Brando. Even down to the suit that Philip was wearing today! Pretty funny.

Days Ahead Summary????

I have been off line for awhile and may have missed it... but what happened to the "Day Ahead" summary? I know how lucky we were to have it.. and I miss it!

Thanks! -L

Thank you for the write up KathyLu, it was awesome!! Please dont be sorry about the length, it was great to have so much detail!

So, I just finished watching the show after anticipating it all day from reading the outstanding synopsis, and I feel the need to chime in about the Sami being arrested thing....

So from what I saw, the only thing Sami could possibly have been arrested for might be trespassing. Yes, she was holding her daughter, but I dont think the custody agreement doubles as a restraining order. I'm pretty sure it doesnt say anything about needing to be so many feet away from Lucas and Allie. Sheesh. She didnt step one foot outside the premises with Allie, all she was doing was holding her... and honestly... if I was in the same situation, seeing my child left alone with no adult supervisor within earshot (after all, they didnt hear me talking to the baby!) I would have been a bit more upset than Sami was. She was actually pretty rational while in the cabin.

All that being said, I DO think she was out of control at the mansion and needs to just chill and allow Lucas to peacefully enjoy his time with Allie. At least for as long as the custody agreement is in force!

HGF

What gets to be amazing is that no one ever hears the boats that are bringing all these people over to the island! Sami gets there, no one heard the boat, and then EJ arrives via another boat (unless there is a ferry, which is highly unlikely, and now the cops arrive, and not a single person heard a motor. Amazing. Very calm, peaceful on that island. Sound carries a long way on the water. LOL

if I was in the same situation, seeing my child left alone with no adult supervisor within earshot (after all, they didnt hear me talking to the baby!) I would have been a bit more upset than Sami was. She was actually pretty rational while in the cabin.

Well, we've got a child who does not appear able to get out of the crib/bassinet, whatever, who was asleep when left. Allie was not really left alone. Chloe was close enough that if Allie woke up crying she could have heard her. Now, I don't see why Chloe didn't hear Sami calling out for Lucas when she first found Allie alone, but then again she didn't call very loudly. She also was talking fairly quietly to Allie, the sound of the shower probably masked it. Sami certainly did not look very hard to find anyone. The cabin door was open. You'd think the first thing she would do is look outside it. For all she knew Chloe and Lucas were just outside the door.

I was a single mom for a while. It's not like I took my daughter into the bathroom with me when I took a shower when she was a baby. My daughter was in a secure location and I could hear her if she woke up crying.

Back