Days on Hulu

guilty pleasure

Reaction score
I have been catching up on Days, as usual, and watched episodes last night on Hulu until about 2am. This morning I tried to continue, but Hulu says "The page you were looking for doesn't exist." I tried to ask the internet what was going on, but all it does is provide me with the link to Days on Hulu, which doesn't work! Also, if you search on Hulu for Days, instead of giving you the show's Hulu page, it gives you a list of episodes and says that clicking them will take you to the NBC website.

So, a warning - if any of you plan to watch Days on Hulu, you might get a surprise. But I'm really curious as to why this is happening... anyone know? I really prefer watching Days on Hulu to NBC's website. Oh well. Thanks in advance for any information you might have!

It's where I watch if I can't find any episodes on YouTube. I tried to watch and I got a message saying "This content is no longer available". Years ago Days was always on Hulu and I've only recently seen it there again. Maybe something with contracts negotiations?

Back in the 2010-2011 school year when I first started watching Days, I usually watched it on Hulu, but sometimes it would act up so I would watch it on Xfinity. Try that, or the NBC website (which always works).

Sounds like the show & Hulu no longer have a valid contract. Wonder if this is an NBC ploy or if the show is planning to use a different outlet. I mean they had to scramble when SoapNet shut down.....The CBS soaps landed over on TVGN, and now I think on POP. Days was on there for just a short period of time, and really has no other way to see the episodes. I mean.....they made all the you tube people pull the clips, now Hulu. Wonder if they think folks should just use the NBC site. I don't like it as it doesn't work for me.....plus there are (to me) more commercials than watching live. LOL. It stops and starts, just terrible.

That's why I liked to watch it on Hulu, which I have done for years and years... pretty much since it became available on Hulu! For me, the NBC website player was always a bit wonky, inconsistent, and even unreliable. Plus it seemed to have more (and more annoying) commercials than Hulu. Hulu's stream was consistent and I could better tolerate the commercials... plus the commercial time just seemed shorter. Anyway, I hope they figure something out soon and get it back on Hulu. Just my personal preference... not that NBC cares. Although... if they DO care, maybe they could make their player better, and play fewer, less annoying commercials. Win - win! LOL... I know, not likely. :)

Here is what I think I've figured out: recently Hulu put up a "promotion" on the Days page (and probably others) announcing five free episodes for joining Hulu Plus. I never saw a countdown in the number box, but I'm assuming Days is now on the paid Hulu Plus, grrrrrrrrr. I watched on the NBC site this morning and the video kept popping out of full screen, froze once and didn't pick up where I'd left off when I reloaded the page. At least Hulu did start me where I was if there was a glitch. I may need to join the NBC site and see if being signed in holds my place. Just a pain.

I signed up for Hulu plus a few weeks ago. It's one month free and $6.99 thereafter. I have the app and I love it! The ads average 12 minutes per episode which is half of that of commercial TV. A high quality picture and sound with no worries of missing the episodes and the possibility of my views being counted by the ratings system are a big plus for me!

I just clicked my Hulu app and the episodes are still available.

The NBC page is terrible. Just was talking to a friend, who also had a huge problem trying to watch the show there. The video program just is lousy. She complained about the same things I did, kt has had the same thing. People try it with their phones, or regular computer, and the same thing happens. Heck, even the previews are stop & start. and they are only 15 seconds.
I went to the Hulu web site, and they would not even acknowledge they offered Days.
I am not signing up for anything unless I know what I am actually getting. Or what I could possibly get.

I have a hard time believing it's behind a pay wall, and here's why:
1 - Hulu is driving people back to NBC.com to watch episodes. If the show was behind a pay wall, then Hulu would be trying to get me to sign up
2 - They said on Twitter yesterday to me (WhizGidget is my handle on Twitter too) that they lost the rights to the show.

I can't get NBC to run it for me, so I guess I'm back to watching it on my DVR (usually I run it in the background at work)

I wonder if this means Days is going back to a pay model via iTunes? I could see Apple requiring an exclusivity. Or perhaps Amazon Prime. Sounds like it is still available on Hulu Plus just not the free site. NBC may be doing this purposely to help pad the ratings and get a renewal.

Back