Days on POP

guilty pleasure

Reaction score
So, there was a thing on the screen today on POP saying that Days will no longer air on POP, but that we can watch it on NBC, NBC.com, or the NBC app. What is the deal with NBC? They tease us with alternate places to watch the show, and then they take them away, leaving us only to a "variety" of avenues under their control, which are all subpar options (in my opinion).

I am not home to watch during the day, and I don't prefer watching on NBC because my local station is piped through so that the whole screen isn't visible. When they text each other on screen, I can't read half of the texts. I hate the NBC.com player for many reasons. I have read reviews about the NBC app that say it has a long way to go before it is a good option - maybe that has changed in the past few months.

Has anyone else seen this? I would love if someone could confirm that what I saw was a mistake!

POP TV ANNOUNCES IT IS DROPPING "DAYS OF OUR LIVES" SAME-DAY REPEATS

Pop TV ran this banner tonight during its airing of "Days of Our Lives", announcing it will no longer be airing "Days." "Days" is still listed on the schedule for this week and next week on Pop TV's website. No word yet on when its final airing on Pop TV will be. "Days" began its run on Pop TV on August 24, 2015.

12983183_714668818675395_6284961221826066171_o.jpg

That's sad news because sometimes I don't tape the show correctly. I like watching
things on TV not my computer.

NBC.com only has an episode up a week.

That completely sucks because I often watch at night on POP.

I noticed that it did not show on Wednesday because POP had original programming so maybe that is the direction POP is headed.

Will they also stop the other soap they play before Days?

POP announced a while back that it would be airing the Wed. episodes on Thursdays, along with Thursday's episodes.

I have a sneaking suspicion that this is a case of NBC not wanting to renegotiate the fee. And right now, I think NBC needs to get a lot of e-mails protesting this, inasmuch as their player on their website is awful, and impossible to watch.because of it's problems. They really need to know how many depend on POP. Heck, I don't have any way to record a show......And while you tube worked for me, the NBC site did not, then NBC made you tube pull anything showing up there, so it was fantastic for POP to be showing Days.

Write NBC ...they need to hear.

I just wrote to NBC about POP. I wish there was direct email address instead of what
is on the NBC web site.

I, also, mentioned I can't get NBC app on my Kindle Fire

Sad to hear this as I just discovered I have the Pop channel.

Try Facebook and Twitter in addition to email. I know the Hallmark Channel responds to direct messages on their Facebook page.

I wrote two e-mails, (from different mail boxes....) and also mentioned how bad the video player on the NBC site is (which I have written to them before, getting a reply, over a year ago)

NBC.com only has an episode up a week.

nbc.com shows every episode, but not until at least after 2:00am the following day. Maybe you meant a week of episodes? Yes, over a week they are no longer available.

inasmuch as their player on their website is awful, and impossible to watch.because of it's problems

It's not impossible, but it is awful! After every commercial break, I don't know if Days is going to play or not. I can usually bump it forward a bit and get it going, but I've also had to resort to reloading the page. Bring Days back on Hulu!!

Yes, Days episodes start midnight the day after the show shown and up only a week. They used to
have them up longer.

And you're forced to either watch it on the lousy NBC website or go without seeing it. They are tyrants about those who post the episodes on YouTube, which just cuts off their nose to spite their face. NBC should just start a YouTube channel and post the episodes on there.

The episodes appear on NBC.com at 12am PST, 2am CST, 3am EST (things you learn during insomniac redeye flights)

It appears the other two Soaps are remaining on POP. My opinion, Days has the best storylines. If the problem is the number of viewers, it could be the time slot that the show is in. Prime time viewing starts at 8:00 pm - a lot of competition on the other networks. I would like to see them switch Days to the 7:00 p.m. slot before dropping it. Of course, I don't know if it's an NBC and POP issue. All I know is that I really looked forward to the end of the day and being able to see the show. It was great for the working people! Wish they would reconsider! :(

Days on Pop is shown at 8 p.m. Eastern, 7 p.m. Central, & 5 p.m. Pacific. They cannot go much earlier, because Pacific time, Days ends at 2 p.m., which is 5 p.m. east coast. And since CBS owns POP, their 2 soaps have priority for the earlier time periods.

I have no idea what the problem was, maybe there was a price increase, and NBC dug in their heels, saying NO. Have no idea. Just a shame.

Thank you for that explanation. I didn't realize that connection between CBS and POP. I agree - it is a shame. I'm still hoping it will be resolved and Days can stay on POP. I live in the mountains and it's like Hooterville! Getting a cell phone signal is practically impossible and we're lucky if we have an internet connection long enough to watch a You Tube video!

Pop seems to be readjusting their entire schedule. Last week they were showing The Love Boat at 9am which got me really excited since the show isn't on DVD or Netflix. Then this week it's all infomercials.

Tonight I noticed Steel Magnolias was on at 8:30pm.

Pop TV dropped Days of our Lives from their nightly lineup. Just an FYI for those have this channel through their cable provider.

Back