Days preempted two weeks for Olympics

I'm the odd one out. I look forward to watching the Olympics every 2 years. More so the summer over winter, but I watch out of enjoyment. With the time zone changes you'd think the network could find an hour to pop in Days instead of some banal talk show with some vapid host or hosts. But the talk shows are cheaper I guess and can be more current on topics while Days will finish taping their September shows by mid April.

Add me to the list of those who have no interest watching the Olympics. When it comes to watching sports, my taste runs to football and baseball. It's too bad that the television contract for the Olympics events wasn't picked up by a network for sports junkies like ESPN. That way fans of daytime TV shows wouldn't have their routines disrupted.

I like winter Olympics better than summer because I like skating. The only
sport I watch.

I'm rather surprised they are not calling the Olympics off again this summer. Seems like it would be a crazy super spreader event. :whack:

I'm the odd one out. I look forward to watching the Olympics every 2 years. More so the summer over winter, but I watch out of enjoyment. With the time zone changes you'd think the network could find an hour to pop in Days instead of some banal talk show with some vapid host or hosts. But the talk shows are cheaper I guess and can be more current on topics while Days will finish taping their September shows by mid April.

You're not the odd one out. I love the Olympics too! Although I seem to enjoy Winter a little more than Summer. With Winter, you can almost keep tabs on all the events, since there are so many fewer events in the Winter Olympics. I always get a kick out of curling, even before the US won last time. Love watching that once every 4 years, but then I forget about it for awhile, and then I look forward to seeing curling again for 2 weeks straight before I forget about the sport again for another 4 years.

For Summer, I think of the equestrian event as comparative to curling. It's fun seeing the horses run the obstacle course for a few weeks, and then I forget about that event for 4 years and enjoy it again once the Olympics roll around. Curling and equestrian obstacle courses, two things I get into for 2 weeks straight and then don't think of again for 4 years. Only the Olympics can cause that to happen!

I love the Olympics. I don't see them having many spectators this year for it so the dynamics will be different I think.

For Summer, I think of the equestrian event as comparative to curling. It's fun seeing the horses run the obstacle course for a few weeks, and then I forget about that event for 4 years and enjoy it again once the Olympics roll around. Curling and equestrian obstacle courses, two things I get into for 2 weeks straight and then don't think of again for 4 years.
The equestrian events are what I really enjoy. Many years ago I dug up the cash to pay for the "Gold" package because it would show the equestrian events. In 2012 I was rehabbing a busted ankle, during the gymnastics portion, my PT put out a balance beam for me to walk on. Okay it was on the floor, but I had a fabulous dismount. :) 2016 I was rehabbing my knee and I got to practice field hockey hitting a ball around to get lateral movement back.

Back