Days renewed

So glad that it's not going to the streaming service. It would surely die there, I would think (I wouldn't pay for a service to see it)

Wally Kurth (Justin) is doing 2 soaps. Days and General Hospital.

I read articles on this; it sounds like grim news overall.

Sony didn't want the show in the red, and was concerned about the ratings and insisted on changing Days business model. How on earth can they do that without reducing the quality even further?
What do you mean by "changing Days Business model"?

I do understand that behind the scenes has been a lot of interference in story telling....but why would renewing Days be "grim news"?

So I have also read that a few of Corday's complaints in his suit against Sony were dismissed by the judge, others stand. I don't know when the next round comes forth. But the suit is ongoing.

What do you mean by "changing Days Business model"?

I do understand that behind the scenes has been a lot of interference in story telling....but why would renewing Days be "grim news"?
SoapOperaNetwork.com said:
According to Deadline, a sticking point in officially renewing the show was due to Sony Pictures Television, which distributes the Corday Productions produced series, and its desire to make adjustments to the show’s business model, including international sales. Sources told the publication that Sony was adamant that an agreement would have to ensure that the distributor doesn’t find itself going into the red financially when it comes to “DAYS.” Reportedly, Sony had taken the show’s age and declining ratings across the television landscape under consideration during the negotiating period due to the studio finding the series no longer profitable. Ending “DAYS” is said to have never been considered, however.
Let me break this down:
The show's ratings are declining.
Sony doesn't want the show causing them to go in the red.
They don't think the show is profitable.
But it was renewed anyway.

That means they will have to make financial concessions to save money and ensure Sony's profit. At some point, they'll be putting on a puppet show in front of a green screen of stock footage, and expecting us to watch.

LOL, well, Sony must have been happy when some of Corday's items in his suit were negated by the judge. I find it interesting, that Corday has noted Sony was making no effort to market Days.......and now, guess what? Just read the U.K. finally have Days back, tho 2 years behind us. And I think Australia got it last Fall. Interesting.
See, when I was doing Early Edition, we had readers from all over the world, our mail proved it. Germany, England, Sweden, a few South American countries, lots of military bases overseas. That all began to end. Just like satellite TV, when they get into "discussions" with various cable stations and cannot come to an agreement.

Back