Days - Wed. Jan 6, 2010

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives

Wednesday, January 06, 2010
Episode #11,244 Tape date 11/12 Director – Albert Alarr

Wow, pretty good episode today, as Nicole & all involved testify at her sentencing hearing. And what a great no-nonsense judge. But first, a couple side treks. Arianna is still taking inventory, with the music blasting (tho why this is not being done at night after closing is still beyond me) as El Creepo comes quietly in, pulls his gun. Her back is to him, but he quickly sticks the gun in his pocket when Brady walks in, chastising Arianna for not locking the door, and asking this dude if he had not seen the closed sign on the door. El Creepo makes a lame excuse about needing his coffee, but takes off at Brady’s urging. He gets hold of Troy, complaining, Troy said he should have killed them both, ElCreepo agrees to go back. Brady tells Arianna of running into Gabi, learning Arianna is alone, so he returned, and then mentions going to the hearing, and inviting her. Arianna refuses, Brady leaves. She starts doing her counting again, but decides to go chuck it and go to the hearing herself.

Chad is bringing Gabi another latte, talking of school tomorrow, promising to show her the ropes, etc., as Mia comes in, spots them, and one can see the green eyed monster taking over. Gabi leaves the table, Mia goes over, tells Chad about the hearing, and how she has to testify. He wants to go, too, so goes to see about getting time off work. Gabi return, asks what is up with Chad, Mia slyly says he has to testify at a hearing today, and why doesn’t Gabi come with her, and she can see for herself. Gabi agrees.

Philip opens the door to the K mansion, picks up Melanie to carry her over the threshold. Evidently they have come to pack his stuff as they are still going to Vegas…..but what the heck. A little roll in the hay first won’t hurt…the Titan jet can wait. In the afterglow, complete with mandatory L-shaped sheets, some small talk, then Phil gets up to finish packing. Melanie dozes off, and begins to dream of what just happened, only it is Nathan in bed with her…..some dream! She murmurs happily she could do this all day, as Philip returns, says something, she comes out of her reverie, and tells him she wants to honeymoon in Europe for a while after the wedding. Show him all the places she lived, and partied, and got guys to give her things, etc. Could take months, Phil has no problem with that.
Over at the hospital, Nathan & Stephanie run into each other at the nurse’s station. (so, o.k. I am guessing that her Public Relations office is there at the station, since she is always there…budget cuts must affect the hospital, too, lol. ). They have a conversation that is rather a yawnfest….she lets him know she was hurt he was fighting with Philip over Melanie, right after asking her out for New years……he thought a lot while in jail, and realized Melanie was not really what he wanted. Yada, yada, yada.
Later, Philip is at the hospital, Stephanie spots him, learns of the impending Vegas trip and plans for the long European honeymoon, while Melanie is filling out paperwork in another room, Nathan comes in, and learns of the plans, and that she is dropping out of nursing school.

Nicole is with her lawyer who is pleading with her to allow him to use diminished capacity as a defense, she refuses. She is sad, she is guilty, and no, she doesn’t want to spend the rest of her life in prison, but she deserves to, what she did was horrible.

Sami has come home, Rafe is bursting to tell her his news, but gets a phone call. Sami is trying to tell him about the ransom note, but Rafe has his news first, he has been reinstated with the FBI. Seems the man who laid him off retired, the new man in charge likes his work on this case, thinks he has been doing an excellent job co-ordinating between the cops and the FBI, and in fact, wants him to continue in that capacity. Sami is happy for him, but her eagerness to tell him about the ransom note has dissipated. Now he tells her of the hearing, they both change clothes, are about to leave when Will arrives. When he learns of the hearing, he asks them to wait up, he wants to go, too.

And now we are in the courtroom, with the Honorable David Goldberg presiding. Love this judge! He says it is a sentencing hearing, his decision will be based on the testimony presented. D.A. Woods has tried to talk his son, Chad, out of testifying today, to no avail. And now we see a series of Salemites giving testimony, with the entire story being told. Elvis DiMera is called first, with Sami, Mia, Chad all following, and then we see them all again and again. The testimony scenes are edited so the story of what Nicole has done is sort of told in sequence. Nicole is devoid of makeup, looks so sad, tears up at times, as the story of her miscarriage, faked pregnancy, deal with Mia, baby switching, Chad finally learning of fathering a child, the baby switching, Grace being Sami’s, dying, the grief, Nicole covering everything with lie after lie after lie. And finally the truth about Sydney comes out, Nicole takes her, tries to leave the country but is stopped, and then, someone else takes that beautiful baby. Gabi is learning a lot, Will listening intently. The judge states all this overwhelming testimony against Nicole, does no one want to speak on her behalf. Cue Brady to come in (Sami is not too pleased, EJ shaking his head).
Brady talks of having to tell Nicole about her miscarriage, how devastated she was, never saw so much pain, she loved EJ so much and that little girl, and he thinks something snapped in Nicole….that she got to where she really felt she had given birth to Sydney herself. Arianna has slipped in at this point and is listening.
Now it is Nicole’s turn, and gad, she looks so pale, wan, as she admits her guilt, what she did was horrible, how sorry she is for what she did, how many people have been hurt by her lies. She is crying, again repeating her remorse, and saying the only important thing is to get Sydney back, that beautiful precious little baby. The judge has heard the testimony, asks for the DA recommendation. D.A. Woods wants no mercy, 3 different sentences on each of the 3 charges, totally 70 years. Nicole’s lawyer objects, the judge silences him.

Gabi has come into the Java Café, ranting at Chad for not giving her a heads up about him and Mia having a baby. Mia comes in behind her, and smirks. (and don’t even ask me why they are not still at the hearing…)

Now the judge states that he has never seen anyone so remorseful and sorry for what they had done as Mrs. DiMera. And before he can say another word, EJ erupts, ranting over all she has done, the judge is trying to quiet him, threatening to hold him in contempt of court and put him in a holding cell. Sami has joined in just a bit, but Rafe calms her down and gets her back in her seat. The judge is still confronting EJ, however, and tells him that he finds it odd that someone named DiMera, who is guilty of breaking innumerable laws would come into this courtroom and demand justice. And that perhaps Nicole should receive the exact same punishment that he has received for all his crimes and misdeeds, which is absolutely NOTHING! :)clap: :clap: ) He then tells Ms. Brady he feels for her, he really does. The loss of her daughter has to be devastating. And her previous child’s death broke her heart. But he has read the history of this case in full, along with others “you have been involved in”, has seen her records, and is aware that she seems to have a penchant for custody battles during your life. Also, you lied to the baby’s father about the pregnancy, and kept it a secret for quite some time, so “you have not exactly been blameless in this, have you?”. For the record, I have reached a verdict in the sentencing of Nicole Walker DiMera. My decision is as follows.

Barb

OMGosh! Sounds great! I bet I'll miss seeing it today though. Darn! And when I get back to work I'll just have to survive on your wonderful write-ups, Barb! :)

As far as Nicole goes...I say...throw the book at her!!! LOL I don't think anything out of EJ's or Sami's past should impact how Nicole is judged or sentenced in her hearing. Oh, yeah...and Brady....you are an idiot! CUTE, but a moron!!! LOL

Ya know...Mia is kinda ticking me off. She's like Melanie...unable to make up her mind! "I want to be with Will...no, I want to be with Chad....wait a minute! I've reconsidered! I want to be with Will. Wait...did I say Will? I think I want to change that to Chad." I don't like this sneakiness coming out in Mia. Poor Gabi!

Hugs,
Cathy

P.S. Great write-up, Barb!!!

Thanks Barb, for the great write up.
Can't wait to see the judge to put EJ in his place, that will be one for the record books.

Thanks Barb. What a show. Can't wait to hear what the decision is. I am hoping that she is let go. I want Nicole back. (Now if this was not fiction I would want the book throwen at her.) Boy what a way for Mia to let Gabi know that she and Chad have a baby together. Loved it.

Thanks for the great write-up. I may be out of town for the next couple of days, so I am hoping I can get your write-ups on my Blackberry (it is real funny... some websites come up great and others do not!!!).

Great write-up Poirot!!! definately can't miss this episode. I can't WAIT to see the judge throw it right back at EJ. However, I'm gonna have to say I'm gonna be ticked if Nicole gets off on this one. I know EJ and Sami have done some pretty bad things in their time and gotten away with it, but this is one time that someone needs to be punished!!! That poor baby.......I don't think she even knows who her family is anymore.

"And now we are in the courtroom, with the Honorable David Goldberg presiding." Hmmm- Day writers have been watching the Today show much? Watching a little child custody battle taking place in Brazil perhaps? (With sarcasm) Those Days writers just throw me some curve balls- oooh they're so clever.. NOT!

"EJ erupts, ranting over all she has done," --- Oh, shut the h-e- double hockey stick up EJ- you're annoying.

He then tells Ms. Brady “you have been involved in”, has seen her records, so “you have not exactly been blameless in this, have you?”. ----Hey Judge!!! Sami Brady isn't the one on trial here, stick to what you have cooking in front of you- This should not be allowed.

For the record, I have reached a verdict in the sentencing of Nicole Walker DiMera. My decision is as follows. ---- Oh! My I have no idea what will be said next! :rolleyes: She's off scott free. I saw that one coming.

???

I thought school started today? Did these kids all skip? It's really hard, when you come to like someone, who is supposed to bad. Like someone above said---in real life, we'd want Nicole put away, but in the soap, we feel for her!

Wow!! You go Judge!!! Way to call everyone out!! Tee hee!! I love it!
Cant wait for the verdict.
Thanks for the write up!!!

The judge is still confronting EJ, however, and tells him that he finds it odd that someone named DiMera, who is guilty of breaking innumerable laws would come into this courtroom and demand justice. And that perhaps Nicole should receive the exact same punishment that he has received for all his crimes and misdeeds, which is absolutely NOTHING! :)clap: :clap: )

Could not have said it any better, but for some reason I don't think EJ will ever stop whinning about all of his pain and suffering.

Soap Network has it on at 6pm est if you miss it. Barb great write up, as always. Here hoping Nicole gets off with just intense counciling.

I can not wait to see this Judge in action, I can hadly wait to get home from work and watch at 6p.m.

Whoa Baby!!

Sounds like a good one! LOL...the judge sounds great, can't wait to see him in action. See I wanna be mad at Brady but.......he's so friggin cute!

I'm confused! Who is "El Creepo?"

IDK who it was originally supposed to be, but, after watching the show, I'd say that damn judge.

That remark about Sami being involved in other custody cases was so out of line. What he said to EJ was out of line, too - true or not. They are not the ones being sentenced. This is about Sydney --and Nicole's crimes.

The feeling I got from the judge's rant was like a rapist -- blaming the victim. I wanted to reach through the TV screen and wring his neck.

He made me think of that clown judge who did the Anna Nicole thing and dumped in everything but the kitchen sink. Stick to the case at hand.

I was really aggravated at the end of today's show. :mad:

If he lets her off I'm going to be twice as po'd tomorrow.

Really needed to :chill: after today's show.

Wow, there is a judge in Salem who is not in the Dimera hip pocket!! Barb, I too cheered out loud when the judge nailed EJ. It's about time!!

Did you not LOVE when it shut EJ up. LOLOL

Back