Days - Wed. Jan 6, 2010

I Agree

Throw the book at Nicole. What has what Sami OR EJ have done in the past to do with this???!!!!

Just a random thought....

....I know this is off topic but, the guy that played the judge...was he in that movie "Spaceballs"?

EJ started ranting about Nicole not really being remorseful, and then Sami joined in...the judge was trying very hard to shut them both up without citing them in contempt (Judge Judy would have had both removed from the courtroom, lol) however, and he was only pointing out that pots were calling kettle black.

Sami knows full well the extent of most of Elvis's sins...and needed to be taken down a peg herself. She DID have a custody problem with both Lucas AND EJ, tho the latter was not her fault.

We have complained a lot here about EJ never paying for his crimes.....and I think the show was acknowledging that fact about EJ. And it was true that Sami was not entirely blameless in this fiasco....however good and sound her reasons were. Court deals in facts.

....I know this is off topic but, the guy that played the judge...was he in that movie "Spaceballs"?

I thought he looked familiar! Yep, he plays the 2nd in command to Dark Helmet in that movie lol.

ITA, it was inappropriate but true! It was so typical of Sami to roll her eyes....when given the situation in reverse, she'd have done the same thing as Nicole! I'm suprised EJ was so cruel though....I thought he loved Nicole just a little...what a shame, they would have made a good Dimera couple. He is so cold, it takes away from his attractivness. IMO

I agree, I really liked EJ and Nicole together, they looked FANTASTIC and would have been an awesome DiMera couple!

Although what the judge said was totally inappropriate, I loved everything he said!

Well I figure that the writers some how wanted to get the message out there about Sami and EJ's past wrongdoing, but I think I was more offended by the travesty of justice here then I was of ol' Victor "speaking out" about Hope (and Bo's) infidelity issues. Although there was truth to what the judge said...it was totally inadmissable! When EJ stupidly stood up and strutted around like an irate peacock, the judge merely had to warn him and then direct the courtroom police to haul his stupid ash away! End of story for EJ...let him cool off in the klink for a bit.
As a prosecutor I would have called for a mistrial.

Of course now, if the judge kicks Nicole back into the can for a few years...I will rescind this post...if not.... I hold firm DAGNABBIT!!!! What a kangeroo court this was. I would take Judge Judy over this garbage any time!

Ah Ha!!

I thought he looked familiar! Yep, he plays the 2nd in command to Dark Helmet in that movie lol.

Ok LOL!!! I thought so...I'm looking at him and I say out loud "ludicrous speed...go"!! LOL!! Thanks for confirming that for me so I know I'm not a total nut.:rotfl:

:OT: (sorry about the frowny face on the emoticon)
I love Spaceballs. I saw it 5 times in the theater when it first came out. Plus I have 2 DVDs and a VHS tape of it. Jamming the radar gets me every time, too.

As I understand it, this was not a trial. It was a sentencing hearing. I think the judge can say pretty much whatever he wants to say. And I LOVED what he said.

This was just a hearing to accept Nicole's guilty plea, have impact statements, and give her a sentence, all rolled into one. I don't think that those who spoke were even sworn in (like they'd be as witnesses at a trial). So, the judge has the option of checking out their backgrounds, in order to measure their credibility and character. If they have a history of crimes, and/or spinning the truth, I believe he can take what they say with a 'grain of salt'.

And they were wrong to jump up and start screaming. He could have immediately had them held in contempt of court, but instead tried to shut them up by putting them in their place. It worked.

Lil0 and Genehunter, I am no authority on the law but I was thinking along those lines myself. It wasn't a trial. I think the judge had the freedom to say what he would. And I loved what he did. Just wish he had thrown EJ and Sami both in a cell to let them cool off.

Oh heck OC, if he'd thrown them in a cell, it probably would have been together and good lord, Sami probably would have ended up pregnant...!!!

Sadly, I'm afraid you might be right, Pallison. And what is it anyway, with putting people in the same cell, like when Philip and Nathan were fighting and they got put in the cell together. That didn't make sense to me. Maybe Salem only has one cell??

Back