Daytime: Week of 7/6/15 (may contain spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sparkster

GH

This show is going downhill and fast. It's starting to remind of DAYS's downward spiral. Dragging things out to the point that I don't care about anything, stupid plot-driven writing, focusing on newbies and/or boring characters, etc. It's ridiculous. So is Lucky on drugs again or is he serious that little Jake is really still alive? I mean, I hated that they killed that sweet little baby but good grief you can't just bring him back from the dead. Those were heart-wrenching scenes when he died and he donated something or other to Jocelyn. I'm just flabbergasted if this is the route they are going. I was so hoping Danny would call Jake/Jason "daddy" and he would have a revelation and this whole thing would be over. LOL. I'm so sick of this. Although, I'm kinda looking forward to the possibility of Jason and Sam finding out together since that's the secret Nikolas is hiding that they are trying to figure out. Just get on with it already! I really do not care to see Kiki, Morgan, Franco, or Nina ever again. I hate this Dante/Valerie/Lulu/Dillon stuff too. I get that they needed to bring some angst to the Dante/Lulu relationship but I don't like that they had Dante make a bunch of assumptions (although, I can't blame him too much because it did look like Lulu was cheating on him) get drunk, feel sorry for himself and then have sex with Valerie. Gross! Especially doing it in his and Lulu's bed! Oh my. Dante is going to be in for a rude awakening when the hangover wears off and he gets the truth out of Lulu. She's not blameless either but I think this could have had more traction if Dante and Valerie hadn't had sex. The fact that Dante seems to have feelings for Valerie and kissed her would have been enough to cause issues with Lulu, on top of the secrecy stuff with Dillon. But I don't know how you come back from this now that he slept with Valerie.

I think Y&R is terrible right now. It's probably as bad as Days. Sad to hear that GH seems to be the same way. And B&B is getting tiresome---same ol' storylines from 3 years ago, just different characters. Boring. Looks like it's the Summer of Suck for all the soaps on TV.

GH

This show does seem to be going downhill. I am also disappointed that Michael just handed the baby over. What happened to all that safety garbage he was spewing? Hanging around the Quartermaines has finally put some life into Jake. He was such a drag before. Silas is still a drag but I don't mind his scenes with the crazy lady. I cannot believe Dante cheated because he saw clothes on a bed. Who goes miles away from home just to turn around without a confrontation. Almost like he just wanted an excuse to cheat. I don't like Dylan. There has been a lot of overacting between Dante, Lulu and Dylan. Almost like the powers that be didn't think we would understand that Lulu and Dylan are not cheating. It was nice hearing Ava's voice because I am tired of her alter ego. This show has/had a serious case of musical beds.

It's really bugging me that Ava is having this much trouble seeing the baby. If anything it should have been harder with Michael since he made it so hard for Avery's own siblings. But with sonny he should allow Avery to stay the night with Kikikaka sometimes since she had custody/guardianship and gave her to Sonny because she thought the baby needed a dad. So when she is with Kikikaka Ava can see her. Or does Sonny not trust Kikikaka with her own sister?

B&B
OMG I'm so sick and tired of Aly. At first I got a kick out of her being honest about who--or what--Steffy acts like. But now she's even worse than she was over a year ago when she had some weird vendetta against Wyatt and Quinn. She needs to go back to Paris like Steffy suggested today (then again, Steffy should also go back there).

GH

Sabrina is back to being that sugary sweet princess and it is annoying. Tracy doesn't like you that much. OK, I really really like Jake and Sam working together. I hope Jake goes to visit Haiden and catches one of the lying twisted twins trying to do something to her. Dante and Lulu live in a roach motel. I never paid attention to how small it was. Where exactly was Valerie sleeping when she stayed there and why didn't she try to move faster? Dante has a lot of nerve. Lulu may have destroyed the trust but he didn't have to jump in bed with someone else. Tracy has been married a lot it seems. I already like this ex-husband. I was applauding Alexis until TJ reminded me about Julian. That woman will forever lie to herself about what kind of person he is. For a woman that was already late for work, Valerie sure took her time leaving the island.

GH

Valerie couldn't wait to blab could she? What Lulu did or didn't do isn't really any of Dante's boss business. Did her mom keep her locked up at home or did she just throw social decorum away when she came to Port Charles? What part of her parting words with Dante makes her think he will be with her? I wonder if she slept with Dante to get back at Lulu for not letting her kill the old man. Kid Jake is as stiff as adult Jake used to be. Looks a little evil too. Has he been brain-washed? Helena is getting old and tired, or whatever she said, and is just handing over this kid she/someone has been holding hostage and Luke is just going to let her walk away no questions asked. Cool. What did Sonny do for Dylan that would make him jump to Sonny's demand? He already knew Lulu was explaining things to Dante so it wasn't his place to interfere.I did laugh at Sonny asking Tj to give them some privacy. He works there, how about you go outside.

I have been watching soaps to long to be such a sucker, but i actually thought Dante was going to confess.

GH

I thought that Dante was going to confess too. I'm thinking the wheels may start turning a bit in Lulu's mind about what really went on. Although, apparently Valerie could so easily overshare information with her boss about Dante's marriage and now his infidelity that I can just imagine her bumping into Lulu and blurting out that she banged her hubby. I give it about 6 weeks or so. Once the morning sickness starts with Valerie it won't be hard for Lulu to figure out what happened. LOL.

I can't decide how I feel about this Jake thing. I need a really good explanation here of what happened because this is ridiculous. Helena didn't provide anything of substance today either. Was Jake actually hit by Luke and survived but everyone assumes he died or was it never Jake to begin with? Does Helena have a bunch of doppelgangers waiting in the wings for whenever they're needed? Seriously, I'm so confused. This whole final story for Luke is so mishmosh it feels like the writers put a bunch of ideas into a hat and then told a third grader to pick out a handful and write them a story in 5 minutes. About the only good thing I can think of with this is that perhaps "Jake" seeing Jake will be the catalyst to him remembering he's really Jason.

Y&R

I'd love to see Abby take Victoria down a notch or two. Sure, Abby doesn't have much corporate experience but I can't stand the way Victoria looks down her nose at Abby as if she's so much better than her. What a witch. Way to treat your sister you stupid cow. I can't wait for dear little Vicki to find out what daddy dearest has been up to the past few months.

I'm looking forward to Chelsea finding out about Adam but I really need both that and the Jack/Marco thing resolved completely.

GH

I can't decide how I feel about this Jake thing. I need a really good explanation here of what happened because this is ridiculous. Helena didn't provide anything of substance today either. Was Jake actually hit by Luke and survived but everyone assumes he died or was it never Jake to begin with? Does Helena have a bunch of doppelgangers waiting in the wings for whenever they're needed? Seriously, I'm so confused. This whole final story for Luke is so mishmosh it feels like the writers put a bunch of ideas into a hat and then told a third grader to pick out a handful and write them a story in 5 minutes. About the only good thing I can think of with this is that perhaps "Jake" seeing Jake will be the catalyst to him remembering he's really Jason.
GH:

Haven't seen the episode yet, but did they explain WHY Lucky had Poor Undead Jake instead of Poor Invisible Aiden, you know, the kid who is actually biologically his?

GH

Helena supposedly explained to Luke what happened to Jake but we as the viewers aren't privy to it yet. It's just ridiculous. Of course Jake being alive will also help maintain the connection that Jason and Elizabeth now have. Why didn't they just make her pregnant with his baby? He's obviously going to drop her like a hot potato when he realizes she knew the truth and connived with Nik to keep it secret. Seems like a pregnancy would have been a more typical soap thing to do to force them back together and keep a triangle going with Sam.

GH

I don't think they have even shown Lucky trying to make contact with Aiden. I really can't get over how small Dante and Lulu's living quarters are. Weren't they trying to have a baby last year? What is wrong with them.

What is the name of Luke's other son that was kidnapped and what happened to him? Also is Luke Nik's father?

GH

What is the name of Luke's other son that was kidnapped and what happened to him? Also is Luke Nik's father?

Luke's other son is Ethan whose mother is Holly, who was also involved in trying to rescue them in Vancouver last week. Luke is not Nik's father. Nik's parents are Laura and Stavros Cassadine. Not sure the exact history in either case as I wasn't watching way back but Luke apparently had a tryst with Holly which resulted in Ethan who Luke never knew existed until a few years ago. I think Stavros may have forced Laura into marriage or held her captive or something which resulted in Nik's conception, not sure, perhaps other long time viewers could explain better. Lucky and Lulu are Luke and Laura's children together. I do know that. LOL.

GH

Yep, that Holly. It was a rewrite of history or made up after the fact (like Dylan being Nikki's and Paul's on Y&R). Supposedly Luke had a fling with Holly in Australia or something many years ago I think while he was married to Laura and maybe while she was pregnant with Lucky or around that time because I think he and Ethan are close in age.

GH

Valerie needs to interact with more people and find some friends other than Dante. I find it harder to get into a character when their only purpose is to be glued to one person. Maybe she can start dating Nik or hang out with Carly or laugh it up with Sabrina, anything other than making pain faces at Dante. How has Dylan not run into his mom yet? Just Call her Back. Luke's stroll done memory lane bored me. Jake is a really friendly kid. The kind you wouldn't have to blindfold to kidnap. They were taking way to long to get out of that house and I kept thinking someone was going to come and kill them. Dante sure came back home fast.Nik is not breaking at all. He is going to stand firm until his house comes crumbling down.

After watching this show and learning a little bit about Luke and Laura I don't understand why they were used to defend EJ and Sami's relationship on Days. It seems like Luke gave Laura a lot of grief. I hope she sticks around for a while because I like her.

GH:

Holly didn't really explain that part either, just that the two of them were supposed to take a trip or something together, he didn't show, blah blah. She kinda made it sound like they were really close.

Helena is up to something, plain and simple. She isn't giving Jake up because she's old and tired or whatever that crap line was, this is part of a bigger plan and everyone involved should know that. I missed a lot of the show when Lucky/Elizabeth/Jason/Aiden/Jake was all happening, last I remember about that time was a fire? Aiden was a baby, or maybe it was Jake, I don't remember. I kinda think Helena's angle is to throw a wrench into Elizabeth and Nikolas's plan- for all we know, Jake could have seen pictures of Jason (post-op) and know exactly who he is. But sheesh, the kid playing him has a creepy edge to him. I have to say, though, if Elizabeth were to have ended up pregnant with Jason's baby, I'd be hoping for a miscarriage. I hate her right now, she doesn't deserve him. I hope she leaves town with Lucky.

Dante/Lulu/Valerie... If Valerie doesn't end up pregnant, I'm going to be kinda disappointed. I'm disgusted with Dante, he's been an epic jerk. I understand why he thought what he did, but he didn't talk to anyone who is very close to Lulu- instead he trashed her to Valerie, who at best has tension with Lulu, and Sonny, who is pretty quick to see the dark side and take care of business. And Valerie, blabbing to her boss, without Dante even knowing she was going to! I've never liked her, and I sure don't now. Ugh.

And Ava, Ava, Ava... Such a mistake to tell Franco what's really going on. He only keeps secrets for himself, and she should know that.

GH

Valerie needs to interact with more people and find some friends other than Dante. I find it harder to get into a character when their only purpose is to be glued to one person. Maybe she can start dating Nik or hang out with Carly or laugh it up with Sabrina, anything other than making pain faces at Dante. How has Dylan not run into his mom yet? Just Call her Back. Luke's stroll done memory lane bored me. Jake is a really friendly kid. The kind you wouldn't have to blindfold to kidnap. They were taking way to long to get out of that house and I kept thinking someone was going to come and kill them. Dante sure came back home fast.Nik is not breaking at all. He is going to stand firm until his house comes crumbling down.

After watching this show and learning a little bit about Luke and Laura I don't understand why they were used to defend EJ and Sami's relationship on Days. It seems like Luke gave Laura a lot of grief. I hope she sticks around for a while because I like her.

GH

I agree about Valerie, but mostly I wish she'd leave.

And Luke and Laura being used to defend Sami and EJ was mostly because Luke raped Laura once upon a time. They fell in love later. I was a baby when all that was going on, so I don't know, but the general argument is that the relationships were similar and people loved Luke and Laura together so they should also love Sami and EJ.

GH:

Luke is an arse to everyone. I never bought Luke & Laura BUT I should point out I'm not old enough to have watched their epic rapemance live. What I have seen of it on YouTube, I'm struck by how YOUNG Laura looks. Which she was, I read she was only like 16 playing someone a bit older, but she looks younger again because she had a (very pretty) baby face. Which doesn't help me handwave the rape. Nor does the back and forth flip-flopping the writers have done over the years to try and make the issue go away.

By the time I was watching live(ish), Lulu was a sick baby and Nik had turned up and was trying to work out HIS father and there was lots of flailing from Luke about that.

Days stuffed up hugely by having EJ coerce Sami in my opinion. I thought EJ and Sami had wicked chemistry but I find it hard to handwave that, even with their on screen deep and meaningful to try and fix it later.

And yes, Valerie needs to widen her circle. She's Carly's cousin too, go spend time with her. Or Bobbie - give them a project or something. I don't know, just move her out of Dante's orbit for a bit. I'm ok with a pregnancy because it'll bring the drama (yes, its predictable, but that's soaps for you), but she can't just moon around Dante the entire time, its boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back