Delusional lying, and to a priest

I think Eric needs to take a hint from mama Marlena's friend Laura Horton and end up in the sanitarium. I'm done with Eric and it would leave room for another vet to return. Eric gives me the creeps, almost a rape vibe going on. (the actor is good looking, I wouldn't say no lol, but now he went from angry sourpuss to pathetic creepy needy obsessive love sick puppy).

Interesting take on him presently, but that is not how he came across to me. Eric seems to have gotten a light bulb moment, realized that what Father Louis said was exactly what he needed to accept and do. "If you really love her, you want her to be happy, so you let her be happy". A variation on the old adage "if you really love it, let it go" . When Eric was a priest, he was kind, understanding, forgiving, prayed for guidance.He definitely lost his way, and it all began with Kristen. Am glad he found the right path again. Just hope he can stay on it.

The big difference with the Belle/Shawn story was that the viewer knew they made love. In this case, since we didn't see it, and both Eric & Nicole deny they did it, then they probably didn't do it. I also did not see them get further than a kiss. I do not call that almost making love. I think Nicole called it that only to appease Eric, not to hurt his feelings.

To me......that furnace room scene was two people who cared about each other, telling each other they forgave, and, knowing they were dying, were now saying goodbye. I did not see any "almost made love", scene at all. I saw people resigned to their upcoming death, thankful they were not alone.

Very true. Only Dr. McScuffy would blow this up into something that Nicole just had to tell him all about, and then cause her to grovel and beg, asking his exalted self for forgiveness. God help the Love Doctor's patients at University Hospital. This guy seems to be totally lacking in empathy.

To me......that furnace room scene was two people who cared about each other, telling each other they forgave, and, knowing they were dying, were now saying goodbye. I did not see any "almost made love", scene at all. I saw people resigned to their upcoming death, thankful they were not alone.

I remember the spoilers about the furnace scenes said that they almost did it but stopped. However it did not at all play out that way. It played out just as you described. It makes no sense for Nicole to now be saying they almost did when she told Daniel about what happened.

I wish she would have told him they kissed and that was it but Eric thinks it was so much more than that to the point of following her around demanding that they almost did it. I think that Shawn Christian (Daniel) did a great job on today's scenes. He looked and sounded heartbroken.

edited to add character's name - JS

@SarahBeth, that irritated me too how Nicole's account of events to Daniel implied more went on than really did. If she had given her version of events and what exactly was said and done it doesn't sound so bad but using the phrase "almost made love" as Eric keeps throwing around gives it a much different connotation.

Of course having said all that, I'm in the camp that hopes more actually did happen in that furnace room or at least that it will lead to Nicole questioning her real feelings for Eric. But for right now, I'm a little sick of Eric and now Nicole trying to make it more than it was.

I think they've tried to explain her switch from "just kissed" to "almost made love" pretty well yesterday. It was hard to fit in the summary, but she did mention she realised she was lying to herself. It doesn't fit with what we saw, but that could very well be her perception of events.

I really, really am enjoying this story, even though I agree with SB's original contention that Eric's a bit delusional. LOL

Back