Departing...arriving part 15

I'm really getting old. I have no clue who this is! I'm beginning to think getting older "ain't so bad" sometimes. I don't get as upset over most characters changing actors/actresses. Since it is not of major importance, I guess I just don't remember some of the nuances. Of course when regulars change constantly, it does bother me. But, like Jordan, I don't remember that much about the character before so if they changed the actress, it wouldn't bother me.

Blake Barris played Nick Fallon, the son of Jessica Fallon (Marie Horton's daughter) and her husband, Joshua. He came to Salem as a young adult, a geeky genius. In a nutshell, he killed someone, did time in prison, got released and came back to Salem, got involved with and married Gabi and pretended to be the father of her baby when she got pregnant with Arianna, and blackmailed Will to keep quiet about the fact that he was really the father.

A few years later (after Gabi and Nick divorced), Gabi thought she killed him (but didn't really), then she, Sami and Kate threw his body into the freezing Salem River, he was rescued by Percy the bird watcher, then came back to Salem to terrorize the ladies, became obsessed with Gabi and tried to rape her, so she shot and killed him for real. Julie was especially fond of her young cousin and often referred to him as her darling Nicky. She refuses to acknowledge that Nick was trying to rape Gabi when she shot/killed him, so that started Julie's hatred of Gabi.

Jordan Ridgeway was the physical therapist Kate found to take care of Rafe after he was beaten and left in a coma for many weeks. Since she was so quiet and not much was known about her, plus Kate was getting jealous of Jordan's growing friendship with Rafe, Kate began digging into Jordan's past and brought her abusive rapist stepfather (Clyde) to town. Jordan eventually left town, but came back a few years later as a bat-crap crazy loon.

Jordan had given birth to Christian/Evan's child (Baby David, who Rafe tried to adopt; eventually custody was given to Christian/Evan's sister Zoey). Christian/Evan is Orpheus' crazy son, who Rafe had originally hired to be baby David's nanny. Christian/Evan killed Jordan (but Ben was accused). Christian/Evan went on to impregnate crazy Jan Spears and they have a son, Shawn Christian.

Yes, Nick is the one who surprised Gabi with the heart-shaped pillow for Valentine's Day.

9e845bf7cde64cd0cefb5cfb448899bd.jpg

It's been a while, but I seem to recall that on the show, when Sami told EJ she would never be back, it was actually a statement that was supposed to let the viewers know that the character of Sami was over and done. No more returning.

Yes, minds change all the time, but the actress wanted to be able to spend more time with her family, besides doing some other things outside of Days.

The way the show is currently being "written" it just appears as if they are trying harder to bring in shock returns for no reason rather than to really focus on the main characters and stories for them. They haven't known what to do with Sarah, so I am glad she is leaving (although I never wanted her to come back).

The people they seem to want to focus on were characters who may have been relevant 20 years ago, but not now (Orpheus, Megan Hathaway, etc.) Same with Allie and Chanel - they never wrote a story about them that made any sense other than the main story where there is no trust from Allie. I liked Will and Sonny, but as long as Ron is keeping his pet "Leo" around, I am glad they were able to leave without Leo ruining their relationship more than he already has.

I am also glad that Sami is gone, gone, gone. Her return was the main reason I stopped watching.

So far, we have Allie, Will, Sonny, Sarah...all being written out. All in the younger character area.

We had Jada arrive, and soon to come will be her sister Talia......who despite having a degree (law or medical, who cares) for some reason takes a job in the invisible bakery. So, is she suspended from her practice? If so, why? And if not.....why in her sister's bakery?

And now, with Sarah gone, whatever will Xander do? Oh, yeah, hang on to Gwen, putting her in 7th heaven. Guess Leo is going to have to find new guys to bug with his wise cracks. Hey Alex, watch out, you could be next. LOL

@Poirot, is Talia going to be Chanel's sister or Jada's? You mentioned the invisible bakery, so I wondered. With Allie leaving, Chanel will need help, though.

Unless Abby is coming back, I think Chad and Stephanie will be together for a while; Xander and Gwen; Wendy and Tripp; Chanel and Johnny. Maybe Eric and Sloan or Alex and Sloan. EJ and Nicole; Gabi and Stefan; Chloe (unless they write her out soon, too, since she is never on) and Brady. Maybe Alex and Talia? And Jada and Rafe. So, that makes Li available. Anyone else? Leo? I think Sarah will leave with Rex when he goes. I am just so happy that Kristen seems to be out for a while.

In my opinion...they kept her character around a bit too long, and turned her into a cheap sleazy clone of her mother.
Actually she didn’t make it as a Sami clone or even a cheap imitation. Even Sami never would have gone near Alex Will and Sonny were different stories. Both were useful members of Leo World. As for Alex, he;d now better be careful. Having his wandering underoos found under Leo’s bed could be ruinous to his claim to be Salem’s leading Casanova.

Back