Departing...arriving part 18

Doubt anyone on now will actually leave.......we may not see them for a bit, as other characters come to the forefront in story, but nearly everyone is now on recurring status.....so.........

Moving Kate to recurring falls in line with the idea that they likely will start committing to fewer contracts—if any—even for long-term players. It probably saves them money and gives them more flexibility. Otherwise, Kate might have to put on a pigtail wig to play her SORASed great granddaughter Arianna soon in double duty if they run out of story for her.

So far, there is NO official word on a departure. Days has really been using their vets very little, so we go for long periods without seeing Steve, Kayla, John, Marlena, Maggie, Gabi, Stefan,Roman, Kate and the list goes on. Days has been concentrating on the younger characters, and yes, if the actors on Days mostly all go recurring, saves a lot of money. Frustrating it is, but until it all gets smoothed out.......who knows. Days went to streaming (I hate it) which lost them a lot of viewers, which means less ad revenue, so....they have a lot to sort out.

Unless Jason47 confirms something like that, I'd take it with a grain of salt.

I can't comment on any changes, but I can say that someone reliable on another message board has said that the cast (and storylines) will pretty much stay the same now during the 5 months of the strike (late December-late May). As Blake Berris/Everett said recently, he was supposed to be there for just 13 weeks, but he is still there now. Also, the recast of Gabi has supposedly been held up due to the writer strike. She was supposed to have debuted much earlier in 2024, but now won't, due to the strike.

So, looks like we will sort of be in a holding pattern for the upcoming 100+ episodes of the strike. I guess we'll know sort of by the end of January, with how little movement happens during that month, what to expect for February, March, April and May.

From https://soaphub.com/days-of-our-liv...eloved-horton-back-on-the-scene/#flyout-close

It looks like the next time viewers see Chad’s (Billy Flynn) son, Thomas DiMera, Daytime Emmy nominee Cary Christopher won’t be playing him. Henry Witcher steps into the role later this month. There’s no word whether the recast is permanent or temporary.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hopefully, temporary since Cary Christopher (Thomas) posted in Sept he was sick with the flu.

From Cary Christopher's (Thomas) FB page in Sept.

Shane Joseph Johnston
Cary Christopher r u in the Christmas episodes? Or next year?

Cary Christopher
Shane Joseph Johnston I'm not in the Christmas episodes because when they filmed that I was sick with the flu

Back