Departing...arriving part 9

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, wow........Do you remember Dan Wells? He played Stan, the person Alison Sweeney (Sami) was impersonating back when the actress was on maternity leave. He is returning, I think just for one episode.........I so liked him back in the day. Hope perhaps Days can find a way to bring him back on a more permanent basis.

I always thought he would've made a good Eric recast (this was before Greg Vaughan was brought on to be Eric).

His real life son played little Joey Johnson for a few episodes from 2012 to 2014.

When Sami was Stan, she knew what she was doing, right? It wasn't a psychotic break kind of thing? I didn't get to read the post, but I can't imagine why he would be coming back unless Sami as Stan kills Charlie? And, if that is the case, is Sami going to claim she had an alter? That seems to work for everyone else.

Was Stan a real person or someone Sami created? I was wondering how they can
bring him back. I wasn't watching during that time.

Stan was Sami in disguise. So it was Sami the whole time. In reality, it was Dan Wells pretending to be Sami who was disguised as Stan. Alison Sweeney (Sami) pre-taped a bunch of scenes as actual Sami that were blended into Dan Wells' scenes as Stan (like when you'd see Sami start to put on the Stan disguise, or when she was removing it). It was how they covered her maternity leave.

I understand Sami was in disguise. I didn't know if Sami based it on someone she knew.
I guess we find out later how Stan comes to Salem.

Dan Wells referred to it as a "cameo", so perhaps Sami has an "idea" about dressing up as Stan, or a "flashback" to something.

I really would love to have Dan Wells back as anyone......recurring, on contract, as a new character. (Frankly, Salem Hospital could use a male doctor or male nurse perhaps. LOL)

More likely someone (maybe Sami) is remembering her time as Stan and wondering if Kristen is pulling the same with Susan? Kind of a "well it isn't out of the realm of possibility" thing.

To add to what Poirot was saying about having him on contract, he would have made a wonderful Daniel recast.

Back