Departing.........arriving

I was disappointed by the Victoria Wyndham recast at first too.
She had just come from being a recast of Charlotte Bauer (Old brain is stalling on the soap name.) It was most unsuccessful.
I thought though that Victoria, over time, made Rachel a more well rounded character and over the years brought one of the most iconic characters ever to daytime.
It was as though, over the years, I could remember my reservations, but couldn't picture anyone but Victoria Wyndham as Rachel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep Poirot! That was it.
Sorry for going off on a tangent like that.

Look for troublemaker Johnny to be arriving in Salem in a few months. He will be played by one of the original twins, Griffin Kunitz. Evidently Johnny has inherited quite a few of Grampa Stefano's genes......LOL.
This was from the Kunitz twins twitter account.

I don't we know yet if he's working or not. Maybe he was visiting when he
took the picture.

Thanks for posting that. It's going to be different with only one twin
playing Johnny.

I wonder if they’ll remember he’s blind in one eye or completely forget about that story. They need a new teen scene, so I look forward to it, but I wish they could get the child actor who played Ciara back as Sydney. She and the twins had great chemistry as little troublemakers. They should’ve went this route before the Stefan catastrophe. He could’ve gotten under Uncle Chad’s skin the same way Xander does to Victor.

I think Lauren Boles (former Ciara) is older than Griffin Kunitz (Johnny)....so would be a bit difficult for her to be playing his younger sister, Sydney. However, in Soapland, we all know ages don't matter much.

The only confirmed departures are Chad/Abby, Jordan(short term only), Claire and Chloe. All have been confirmed by the actors on social media. Everything else is a rumor.

Kyle Lowder(Rex) was on set taping this week. He posted an Instagram Story from the studio and Ari Zucker(Nicole) was in one of his videos.

We really don't know about Stefan because Brandon Barash(Stefan) never posts anything from the studio.

For Caroline's funeral, social media indicates that Carrie, Sami, Shawn and maybe Belle returned for it. I would not be surprised if Theresa popped up too. I wish they would bring Steve, Shane and Kim though.

While not casting related, photos posted this week of Rafe and Hope on set show them both without wedding rings. So does that mean Ted is still around 7 months from now? Who is Rafe's love interest?

I think one of the Kunitz twins(Johnny) has been in some Disney Channel stuff since leaving Days.

I'm not sure if I am happy about Johnny coming back. I would have preferred to have Allie come back, as she might have brought Lucas back with her. Are they planning to use Johnny as the next DiMera since Chad is leaving and supposedly Stefan later this year?

I mean having Johnny return to help Uncle Roman
Roman is Johnny's grandfather.

If Sami's not around, will he be staying with Grandma Marlena and Grandpa John? Or Grandpa Roman? Maybe "Daddy Rafe" and Auntie Hope? Harold and Mary (the DiMansion staff)? I'd suggest his brother Will, but Will doesn't even take care of his own child.

Back