Departing

NikkiFan

Reaction score
Stephen Nichols (Steve Johnson) is leaving.

ac30cf4ce6ec5386e1ee51153fc46c99.jpg

OH!!! I am angry, sad, and totally disgusted with the powers that be at Days that allowed this to happen!! Does Jack Deveraux, Steve's brother, come home because Steve is dead?! Or they will make a ridiculous attempt to recast him?! Or sending him off to a school for the blind for eternity?! You would think they had learned their lesson after the departure of Peter Reckell (Bo) due to lack of storyline too!!!

a4d21bf857b8131620570badf3869d62--single-emojis-emoji-faces.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Eileen Davidson (ex Kristen, et al) also quit Y&R as she wants to spend more time with family.
I'm surprised they've supposedly recast the role of Kristen with actress Stacy Haiduk (who played Paul Williams' crazy sister, Patty on Y&R).

But back to Stephen Nichols (Patch), Days management has screwed up royally by not coming to a workable solution for his contract renewal.

After everything that Kayla and Steve went through, that would be the most ridiculous exit storyline ever. (No offense to you, oldsoapie, I know you're stating what you don't want to see too). To see the character of Steve leave is infuriating. :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Seriously, it's as if TPTB want Days to get cancelled. They keep characters around who are extremely boring (Lani), extremely overused (Kate) or extremely horrible period (Stefan). Either that, or they transform an ensemble cast into a show that revolves around two or three characters and the rest get crumbles.

Right now, and for quite a while, it has been "The Abigail and Chad Ahow", with a side of Stefan and Kate. And frankly, though I think the actor playing Chad is amazing, he is brought down by all this nonsense. Enough. Send Abigail away, send Stefan to prison where he belongs, have Kate finally killed and keep Chad and give him something else to do than yell "my wife" every two seconds.

Nope, definitely, TPTB are idiots. There. I said it.

Last edited:
I do hope that is not the route they take. Steve has certainly done a lot for Kayla to overlook, forgive, etc. so I would hate if they went that way. The actor filmed last end of March, so we should be seeing Steve into September. I would rather they send him off like they did Theo, to some distant rehab, or some facility, hospital or something. Even to go look for someone......though I would prefer they put a fire under the headwriter, and just think up a good story for Steve.

I do understand actors who hate the idea that all they do for 6 mos is more or less, twiddle their thumbs. Which is what happens often. Steve/Kayla, Victor/Maggie, Hope, Abe, Chloe, Lucas, Jen, Rafe, Eric......quite the list. Even JJ of late. They feature others ad nauseam, you shake your head. Brady, Eve. Kate, Theresa, Chad, Kate, Sonny, Abby, Kate, Stefan, ...you get what I mean....

Of the cast that is still there and being used regularly, I'm hard pressed to decide if I think any of them are worth watching. I do like Chad, but I'm getting concerned about where they are taking that character. I like Tripp, but he needs to be put to better use. Losing Patch is a huge loss.

I hope not, but I have to wonder if they will write/wrote Kayla and Steve out together?

For the record, I am NOT ok with Stephen Nichols (Steve/Patch) leaving the show. Pretty much my favorite couple is Steve and Kayla, so I pretty much hate this.

It doesn't matter how they write it, really, because I'm going to hate it regardless.

I agree that TPTB are idiots.

This is very disappointing news. One of the best actors and characters this show has. Yet, they are keeping Lani, one of the most flat, uninteresting characters that Days has ever had. I don’t understand. I hope they don’t have Steve and Kayla split up. That would be depressing. If he leaves, I hope Kayla goes with him. They can go visit Stephanie a while. But I’m sure the writers will do something such as killing off his character or have him mysteriously disappear (most likely at the hands of Stefan).

Stupid, stupid and more stupid. Lani stays (SNORING LOUDLY NOW!) and Steve who had earned hearts of fans for years isn't worth saving? And they wonder why they are losing their fan base. Going to poke myself in the eye.

Back