Departing

I am completely saddened by this turn of events. Having the vets around makes the show worth watching - especially Kayla and Steve. Hopefully it will just be temporary, or they both go, because Kayla without Steve just doesn't seem right.
Ditto, Hope without Bo.

Do TPTB have a death wish for Days?? They're giving the viewers an overdose of the worthless, repulsive, Big Zero, but can't find a worthwhile plot that will keep fan-favorite Steve on screen. They have again resorted to the weary, sleep-inducing "who's-the-daddy" plot, are keeping the equally boring Lyin' Lani around, and seem about to bring back Kristen, a character who wore out her welcome long ago. The only way that this all might work out is if Kristen murders both Stefan O. and Lani, and the heroic Steve has to be brought back to bring her to justice. (How about Steve tracks her down to Hawaii where Kristen falls into the Kilauea volcano?)
I was about to click "appreciate" and then I read the idea for Kristen! I laughed out loud. Lovely idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope that TPTB at Days see how much the fans want Steve back on the show and work with him for a contract they can all agree on to bring him back. Didnt they do this with Drake Hogestyn (John) back in 2013? They wrote him off the show but with so much backlash they finally brought him back nearly a year later. They had him leave Marlena on the show. Of course, that was during the writing regime which trashed every male vet on the show (Bo and Steve were offscreen and written as deadbeat dads, Shane was written as not a good father to Theresa, Jack was dead, and John, when he was oncreen, treated Marlena like dirt).

I hope not, but I have to wonder if they will write/wrote Kayla and Steve out together?

Mary Beth Evans (Kayla) announced that she re-signed back in March. She's not going anywhere.

I think this is despicable. Shame on Ron and the writing team who clearly don't want to write for Steve Johnson and shame on Ken Corday, Greg Meng and anyone else on the executive team who aren't mandating that Steve Johnson be active part of the Salem community. Steve and Kayla have 2 kids in much needed demographics that should be cast and living in Salem. They both have careers that are in need as well. But sure let's see more Kate and her man of the week for the hundredth time.

Of the cast that is still there and being used regularly, I'm hard pressed to decide if I think any of them are worth watching. I do like Chad, but I'm getting concerned about where they are taking that character. I like Tripp, but he needs to be put to better use. Losing Patch is a huge loss.

That about sums it up for me.

I just had a vomit-inducing thought: what if they try to pair Kayla with someone else after Steve leaves? I will raise a fiery inferno (AKA several strongly-worded letters to the writers with a lot of four-letter combinations) if they try to put her with someone else like Jack or Stefan.

And, when they tried that, years ago, by pairing her with Shane, it was a disaster, and it did not take long before Kayla decided to move to CA (where she became a doctor, having been a nurse) and Shane went with the ISA.

Yes, but they keep pairing Hope with someone and it's hard to accept her with the men she was and is paired with. TITB (the idiots that be) still insist on pairing her so I could also see them doing it with Kayla or offing her eventually.

Too bad they can't just let the chips fall where they may. Don't think it was ever planned to pair up Steve & Kayla, heck, he was originally hired for just a 3 days stint. However, "something" shown thru, he got extended, and the rest is history. As many have noted, characters do not have to get "paired up" so fast...nothing wrong with having them single, free to have friends, enjoy life, be miserable at times, happy at others. they can hang out with the guys, the gals...say they were playing golf, tennis, neighbors' BBQ, etc. Just back from the movies, watched this good show last nite on TV, (oh, yeah, no one has a TV anymore, do they?)

I don't mind the characters moving on. Eventually. But what the writers have to remember is that they were in previously a part of a super couple. They should not be just paired with anyone. They shouldn't rush into another relationship. It should be a slow build and after time has passed. The show made us believe super couples were soulmates. They shouldn't just move on quickly. And they were also widely popular. Make us believe that Hope is ready to move on. Make us believe that she is slowly falling in love. It can be done but it has to be done right.

I just had a vomit-inducing thought: what if they try to pair Kayla with someone else after Steve leaves? I will raise a fiery inferno (AKA several strongly-worded letters to the writers with a lot of four-letter combinations) if they try to put her with someone else like Jack or Stefan.
If my memory serves correctly, Jack raped Kayla many years ago.

Yes but they keep pairing Hope with someone and it's hard to accept her with the men she was and is paired with.
Not for some of us.

If my memory serves correctly, Jack raped Kayla many years ago.

Even though they were married at the time, and Jack knew Kayla loved his brother, it was still rape. Many of you know I am neither a fan of the character of Jack nor the actor who last portrayed him, but I do have to defend Jack on this. Jack has sincerely repented for what he did to Kayla, and she forgave him many years ago, even if they did have a tenable truce of sorts. I think Jack has made full amends for what he did; I can't say the same for EJ DiMera. To me, there is a huge difference.

Last edited:
Back