Destruction of the new teens

I don't want to see these kids just be ruined. I mean I can understand Joey snapping and losing it but good grief, writers, how many people are they going to completely tear down? Eric, Hope, Chase, Joey and I'm sure many others recently. Some things are understandable, like Stefeno got his after a long time of deserving it, but good lord, there's going to be no one left. Everyone is going to be dead or in jail.

These are characters who should be carrying on the Days legacy. People will not forget the heinous acts, no matter how much redemption the writers pour into the plot. Surely they should know this considering the failure of EJ's redemption.

Salem's current teens are a thoroughly sorry lot, not even out of high school and already having a rapist and a murderer in their ranks. They can't measure up to the last group: JJ, Paigie-poo, Bev, Rory, and even tree-vandal Cole. Instead of being Salem's hope for the future, they are clones of their totally dysfunctional elders.

The article may not have been quality writing but the comments did echo many of our sentiments here regarding the dark paths the teens have been written into.

I am all for soapy material but recycled plots and destruction of characters before they even have an opportunity to fully develop is frustrating for a show so many of us have invested our time in.

Seems to me that things have gone a bit too far with the teen scene, and I'm wondering if we will get some sort of strange re-set, like we did years ago with Melaswen? Someone mentioned EJ. I was one of the few that could accept Sami forgiving EJ for the rape, and even accepted that they could somehow get get through some of the 1000 other things they did to each other, but at some point, even I have to say enough is enough. Only so much is believable.

After that, only so much is passable because it's a soap. I mean, the storytelling is generally good, the acting is generally great, but what does the future look like when nearly all of the teens are in such pitiful shape?! One of those things would be ok. Somebody has to have baggage to carry into adulthood. But two major events have taken place in a week's time, to two of the "legacy" teens. And poor Chase, he IS just like his dad. Got thrown under the bus for no real gain whatsoever. I still think the show is better than it was, but I sure hope they can claw their way out of this wet paper bag.

I'm simply disgusted by what has happened to the latest set of Salem teens. I don't understand why these atrocious events were even necessary. Joey had enough to deal with already concerning the return of his absentee father. Chase could have been fit into a love triangle with Ciara and Theo, all the while remaining aloof of Claire's growing interest in him.

It seems like the writers are seeing they can't do anything with the current teen scene, so might as well flash forward to Senior year already after being 15/16 since October lol. Age them out and put them together around other characters.

I am hating this new group of teens, well hating their stories anyways. But in no way do I consider Chase a legacy character. Yes, I know he became Hope's step-son and she took him in after his father went crazy, but if he disappeared tomorrow I would not consider him as one of Hope's children, he would remain in my mind to be Aiden's crazy offspring. Sorry, just my opinion:)

Back