Destruction of the new teens

Teen "side" characters come and go......it happened with the era of the Last Blast teen set. Jan Spears was one, Philip's friend, Jason, Mimi Lockhart, Kevin, Penny...a couple others. There was lots of story with them all, but eventually the 'side teens' were gone. Like other adult characters at times.

I think the comment about the two legacy characters, referred to Joey killing Ava and Ciara being raped.
Right - I was agreeing, and saying that the events for those characters happened very close to each other. Maybe not that big a deal, but it kind of is... just seems like too much to me.

Apologies, and thank you for clarifying. I really am hoping that we see Ciara getting some help for what she has been through in such a short time and at such a young age. However, I think she is gearing up to be the new bad girl, but I hope she stays close to Theo and treats him better than she did at that weird warehouse party. Theo is my favorite teen, I am glad the writers didn't "forget" that he is autistic, I think it adds something wonderful to the character and interactions with the other teens:)

Not happy with how they are writing the new teens. Joey is redeemable but not sure how Chase can be. I know Jack was redeemed, and on GH Luke was, but not sure how they can do it here (with Chase).

I'm very disappointed so far. I like the actors playing the teens for the most part but am very sad about the writing.

Joey did not have to turn into a murderer. We already know Chase accidentally killed his mom.

Chase did not have to rape Ciara. I was really hopeful for him and Claire to be the first teen love story, perhaps after a triangle with him, Ciara and Theo.

There was more than enough storyline potential between the teens and their parents. But so far Claire and to an extent Joey are the only ones being meshed well in their parents' storylines. These writers could have written illness, sports teams, bullying, friendship issues, etc. anything other than rape and murder to keep these teens occupied in stand alone stories.

And I really really really hope that Shawn is involved if and when Hope learns the truth. I'm tired of the show skipping important beats. I want to see Shawn go after Chase, not Rafe.

Did anyone notice that the young girl who has been hanging with Joey, looks a lot like Ava? I wonder if that could be her child and maybe she was told it was a boy?

I agree, they are all bad. Joey is a killer, Chase is a rapist, who knows next what's going to happen next with Theo, Ciara and Claire. I read that Ciara wants a birthday party. She recovered fast for someone who was raped. Claire will do something bad next and Theo will try to kill Chase or do something to Ciara himself because he's in love with her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just curious...........do teens really dress like this when out and about? I never saw any, either in my tiny town/rural area, or big city Chicago when just there.........so???? (hey, I really like Claire, just thought the outfit a bit odd.......)

dool_457.JPG

I see teen girls in church dressed like Claire and Ciara.

How odd. The skirt or dress on Clair looks more like a slip or night wear, lol. And I just cannot imagine a teen girl in those kind of shoes. But......guess they do. And a leather jacket on top of a frilly, lacey outfit?

Back