DiMera Mansion

Did anyone notice they started using the room/set with the french doors to the garden and the doors to the entryway/front door again the other day? That room was shown a lot when Sami and EJ lived there then when they were gone they were showing the darker room that seemed either upstairs or further in the house with the chess set.
They had quit using the large DiMansion living room and foyer to save money. Apparently using that tiny little set for the study was cheaper to assemble.

I'd get rid of the draperies all together and put up some sheers, let some light in, get a nice light colored sofa or sectional, a loveseat and some pretty pillows. But I am a small town country girl so my taste is more primitive, daisies, daffodils, and wonderful smelling hyacinths for some pretty spring colors.

Last edited by a moderator:
As I was watching Friday's show, it looked like the lower "wallpaper" in the DiMansion nursery was just propped against the wall with a gap showing. Abby and Chad might want to fix that before Thomas builds tunnels behind there, lol.
Or Ben tunnels in. Imagine Abigail's horror if Ben gained access to the DiMansion's secret passages and then suddenly popped out of a hole in the nursery wall. Also imagine if she and Chad had previously heard noises in the walls and the former Mr. Peterson-Woods had said: "It must be the mice. Father was always too cheap to call an exterminator."

Last edited:
As had been said, as of late the lighting is making the whole show dark. That police station is so dark. The park is dark. It's hard to watch on my old TV. On the other hand, there are more windows bringing light in now. Patch and Kayla's house and even the Horton house. Lighting and the decor needs to change in both mansions.

They had quit using the large DiMansion living room and foyer to save money. Apparently using that tiny little set for the study was cheaper to assemble.

I don't disagree but I thought the reason was also because they had so many other sets up so there was a space constraint as well. I've noticed more recently we haven't seen Hope's house or the KMansion living room which are rather big sets so that could explain why the DiMansion living room is back.

I like the darkness of the mansion. I would update the furniture but keep the darkness of the walls. I would use burgundy and royal blue for color with silver and black accents. Add some mood lighting lining the top and bottom of the room and separate pieces like silver and black lamps. And I could control all the lights, times, motion sensors and brightness of all with an app on my phone.

Back