Does Abby have any self respect?

Yep Abby would have broken it off with Ben and got back together with Chad long ago if Chad's last name wasn't DiMera, mainly due to Jenn being totally opposed to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Abby needs to stop playing games with these two men and decide who she wants to be with! You don't play with people's feelings that way. And as much as I don't care for Ben, he has every right to be angry! Abby can't stay away from Chad!

She hasn't had any self respect since EJ, maybe before. She made a mockery of being a virgin.

She has no brain. I'd almost agree that Ben was being disrespectful to her, except for the fact that she slept with Chad, and keeps gravitating toward him, even after promising not to. AND hasn't admitted her misdeed. She needs to grow a brain and a spine.

She hasn't had any self respect since EJ, maybe before.
Add Abigail to the pile of characters sacrificed by Tomlin/Whitesell. They turned her brain to mush to flounce between Chad & Cameron. Though, the real destruction started with the writers before them, when they had Abby stalking Austin. :eek:

And Chad's no better on the respect train. Calling her names as he did, even if he thought he was "protecting" her, was worse than what Ben did, today. (Which, do note, was bad.)

Agreed! I thought Ben was quite restrained. And her "romantic" night at the Dimara mansion is not yet on the table. I am old school, and on the Ben team... for now. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
She was not "nuzzling", she was talking. They were not hugging, kissing, or anything. That WAS Stefano's room. And Ben jumped to whatever conclusion, refused to listen to a thing.

As far as Abby, I hated that she was begging and pleading.......and in front of Chad. But while I could see Ben getting angry, his reaming out Abby in front of Chad and hospital staff was uncalled for. He could have asked him to leave.....

But.......all Abby had to do when she saw the startled Chad react to the empty room, would have been what she did initially.....say he was downstairs for tests......and go on her way. She didn't, she had to once again state her faith in him, etc. But, she was the one who convinced him to see Marlena, and arranged it. Yes, she could ask that question.....gotten her answer...and again, have left. So.........she blew it.
Time for Abby to learn the truth about her pregnancy test, whatever that may be.

I called it nuzzling, call it whatever. They were sitting on the bed, his hand was cupping her face and she was holding his hand to her face. Who knows what would of happened had they not been interrupted? Can't blame that on her because we don't know, but that is not friends and isn't just talking.

He was sitting on a chair.........
He went to push her hair away from her eyes, she grabbed his hand.........yes. They were NOT nuzzling, hugging, or engaging in any sort of hanky panky, but will agree that the glimpse that Ben got, definitely set him off. Chad immediately stood up, as did Abby.

The eye of the beholder. What Ben saw was a glimpse, and enough to set him off. What WE saw & heard was different. But, we all react differently.
Ben is very jealous, very insecure, very controlling. He has had it in for Chad since they first met and he found Chad was his boss. It has not helped that Abby has remained friends with Chad.
But........she told Ben that she will be running into Chad around town, but that she would not purposely seek him out.
And this was the case. She did not go looking for Chad, just happened to see him.
But.....we all look at this differently, so be it.

I totally agree that it did not look innocent. I just mean that Ben's jealousy and controlling attitude are scary. He seems like an abuser waiting to happen. Yes, Abby needs to choose one and walk away from the other, but his reaction was out of control.

Back