Does Abby have any self respect?

Ben's crazy jealous butt wants honesty from Abby but he isn't willing to give it as well. If they were truly starting a fresh new life he should tell her he knows she slept with Chad. Abby doesn't get that you really can't even be friends with someone you slept with behind your boyfriend's back. She doesn't get that she shouldn't be so close with an ex as it could be disrespectful to your fiance.

While Abby is very wrong and she's giving Ben every reason to not trust her, he wants to make her his. And if he stays with her, he might as well go buy her a sparkly new handbag to put his danglys in and shut up. But I think it's going to turn to violence instead.

It's very difficult for a sparking couple to conceal their situation from others. Their body language usually gives them away. That, and further clues given during conversation with others.

That said, Ben has done pretty much all he can to "win" Abby. If she persists in giving mixed signals, along with the fact of her cheating with Chad, Ben should cut his losses, and broom her. Child support, while burdensome, is usually cheaper than divorce. :)

SarahBeth, I just noticed your suggestion re a "sparkly new handbag!" :eek: :eek: :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: YPG
This whole thing is one storyline I am hoping the new writers spiff up a bit. Get rid of Ben. Find a way to redeem Abby that doesn't involve just jumping from Ben to Chad or some other guy, and Chad, well, leave him as he is. :love:

Well while Ben does have reason to be concerned about Abigail and her truthfulness, let's not forget how he found out about her misdeeds in the first place. He put a tracking device on her phone! And since then he has been in a downward spiral, constantly suspicious of her whenever she doesn't answer the phone or a text in seconds. I mean supposedly she does have a job and perhaps cannot always answer her phone, or maybe she is just using the ladies' room and doesn't answer there, LOL.

Ben is obsessive and controlling and I cannot believe that Abigail forgave him so quickly for tracking her whereabouts. That, in my book, is downright creepy, no matter how many reasons he (or in this case his father) gave for thinking it was a good idea. If he was really in love with her, he would have tossed his father and that app right away instead of letting Clyde talk him into using it. And that should also tell him a lot about Clyde.

I just thought of something...what if...Abigail knows Ben is the serial killer, and that's why she's trying desperately to hold on to Ben, because she's afraid for her family, friends, and reputation?

To me, I think that Abby responds to Ben the way I have read that women who are being put down by "their man" for a length of time. They begin to believe that they're no good. That they're in the wrong. That if they don't do as told there will be trouble. Maybe a beating, or maybe he'll leave and I'm too stupid to be without him. Are we seeing the beginnings of that? OR, is she just trying to placate Ben so that he won't be more angry??

I think she is just trying to manipulate him. He has never put her down. He tells her how wonderful she is yada yada. And that is what she wants, she wants her cake and eat it to. Abby loves nothing more than 2 men fighting for her and telling her how perfect she is.

Abby is playing martyr by committing to her second choice out of consideration for her child, and her family's dislike of all things Dimera. Another story as old as the hills, told billions of times.

After Ben's little blow up on Wednesday's show, I don't know if he has any room to talk when speaking of honesty and how he cannot take Abby's word for anything when he essentially keeps things from her at every turn. I mean he knows what happened between Chad and Abby. And he has sat on the information for three months now. And that tracking app has been on her phone for nearly the same length of time until he finally deleted it. And then he turns around and lies to her again about how long he actually had it on her phone. He says he only installed it recently after the murders under the guise of protecting her when really it was about him wanting to keep taps on her.

Yes, Abby is not being honest with him or herself when it comes to her feelings for Chad, and she does have them. Neither of them is upfront with the other. Abby told Ben she would stay away from Chad which anyone could have told him wasn't going to happen. And then after seeing them together, he storms off; big surprise. They seriously need to cancel their wedding plans. Abby should move out and go back her mother's for a while.

This so-called relationship is nothing but a swirling vortex of dysfunction. I don't know if it is a matter of self-respect or her just being torn between what she feels is right for her unborn child. Which is raising the baby with whom she believes is the father. And not wanting to incur her family's endless diatribes about how she shouldn't be with Chad. But what she needs to realize is your family can't live your life for you. If she wants a relationship with Chad, she is going to have to stand up for herself the same way her mother had to when she wanted a relationship with her father. And Kayla did when she wanted to be with Steve.

Back