Doug and Julie

I forgot what a handsome couple they were!! Does anyone else remember the storyline for Julie, when she burned her face (by the stove, I think) and she was so upset by her appearance? I think Doug was involved then, not sure. I was just a kid when it aired.

Does anyone else remember the storyline for Julie, when she burned her face (by the stove, I think) and she was so upset by her appearance?
1979juliescar.JPG

I will be the first to admit that I do not like Julie, the character of Julie and am not invested in this story with Doug and Julie...….BUT...….I couldn't help but think about and wonder what it was like for the these two actors to play out this storyline when the two of them could be in this stage of their life for real. Being that they are married in real life, I think it would be hard to do this storyline for these two and could have drawn on real emotions if this were to happen to them in real life.

I don't think I am explaining myself very well but I hope y'all know what I'm trying to say.

I wish they would make Julie more like her old self. She wasn't a harpy like she has been lately. Darlin' Nicky was not a darlin, and the old Julie would have realized that. Nick was not a saint, not at all. And his character was totally ruined as well. He wasn't crazy. I don't get why crazy is the new thing when developing a character. It's as if no one can stay normal anymore. Or, close to normal.

I do wish they would tone Julie down ....All her over the top praise of whoever is in a scene with her gets to be too much, especially Gabi. I like her, love her & Doug, just not very fond of some of the writing for her.

Back