Downton Abbey schedule

redsquirrel

Reaction score
I've already started my countdown until season 3 starts!!!!! Below are the dates and times for each episode. Note......The first and last episodes are 2 hours. All others are 1 hour.
Full episodes of Downton Abbey will be available for a limited time beginning the day after each national broadcast at http://www.pbs.org/masterpiece

Jan 6, 2013: Episode 1 (120 minutes)

Jan 13, 2013: Episode 2 (60 minutes)

Jan 20, 2013: Episode 3 (60 minutes)

Jan 27, 2013: Episode 4 (60 minutes)

Feb 3, 2013: Episode 5 (60 minutes)

Feb 10, 2013: Episode 6 (60 minutes)

Feb 17, 2013: Episode 7 (120 minutes)

About a week ago, I was preparing my January calendar. I kept looking at January 6th and just knew there was something I was supposed to post on that date. I couldn't think what it was. All of a sudden it came to me yesterday. Aha! Of course! It's Downton Abbey!!!! Yay!

Thanks so much for the full schedule, and reminder to watch. I just finished Season 2 last week, and can't wait for tomorrow!

Last week there was an episode telecast on my PBS station, called "The clan gathers for Christmas". I honestly tried to see a Christmas tree somewhere, or a wreath, and ccould not find one. Maybe I just missed it.

I wish it were on earlier here. No way will I stay awake until 11!

Loved the show last night! Maggie Smith keeps getting those great lines.
I might be able to start liking O'Brien a little bit if she continues to do battle with Thomas rather than abet him.
Looking forward to next week.

I needed a tissue when Mrs Hughes was going through her cancer scare.
Felt like I was cheated out of the wedding, though. I'd rather have seen even a 2 minute wedding (since the set and people were there) rather than the carriage arriving with the villagers waving flags.

There was a really interesting tour of Highclere castle and the grounds, interviews with the present Earl & Countess Carnavon (they talked of how they met, etc) and all he has done to restore and repair things that had been let go. It truly was facinating, as the Earl talked of his great grandparents, their achievements and foibles, the celebrities who have stayed there. Interviews with the butler, the gardener, the deer stalker, cooks, etc. Used to be over 60 servants, and now 20. 5 cooks down to 2. They evidently rent the grounds for hunting (pheasant), allow weddings, various events to be held within the castle or grounds. All to pay the taxes and upkeep. Many manors were demolished after the war because owners could not afford the huge raises in taxes that occurred for the gentry, nor the upkeep, thus they fall into disrepair.
Anyway, it was all facinating.....and in future weeks, they are going to do other castles, mentioning the Spencers (Princess Diana), and others of which we have heard.

What was also interesting was references to things that have been part of various novels I have read (i.e. turning a castle into a hospital) and finally getting to see a "folly" which was a big part of one of Agatha Christie's mysteries - Dead Man's Folly. (and yes, a Poirot story, lol)

Yes, and I enjoyed hearing that the real Carnavon family history has some similarity to the Downton Abbey family. The marriage to the young American heiress and the use of the castle as a hospital during WWI.

I was disappointed last night that we didn’t get to see more of the wedding it hardly seems worth the effort! It was a very enlightening episode! I love Mrs. Hughes she is like everyone’s mother I hope and pray she doesn’t have cancer but she seem to have excepted what ever her outcome is by the end of the episode! Can't wait for next Sunday!

I, too, was disappointed we didn't get to see more of the wedding. But I did LOVE their lines when they met at the altar. Matthew: "you came. I wasn't sure you would."
Mary: "good. I hate to be predictable."

I'm late to the party, just started to watch this season. Glad Mrs. Hughes is cancer free. What the heck is wrong with that guy leaving her at the alter? He's too weak if that one talk with the father of the bride put him off.

Reminds me of Upstairs Downstairs.

Oh, he loves the girl, and THINKS he is doing what is best for her in the long run, being he is 25 years older than her.
I do think Mrs. Hughes does not have cancer, but a non-malignant cyst or tumor. Shirley MacLaine has gone back to America now, I know she was only on for 3 episodes.
I marvel at ALL the period clothes. The villagers waving at the carriage, I mean there were tons and all dressed in that period. And such a short scene. Amazing. When Mary appeared on the stairs, honestly, except for the hair, looked a lot like my grandmother in her wedding pic which sits on the organ.
Love they all wear hats, whenever they go out. LOL. (I do, to church, all the time. )

Watched Downton Abbey on my Kindle Fire last night. Now I'm ready for episode 3.

For some reaon, the character of Edith just rubs me the wrong way. Can't put my finger on why, though. She's been soooooo pushy and over bearing with this fellow from the beginning that I didn't feel sorry for her. Wait a minute!!! That's probably it. She's been just like Jennifer is with Daniel......doesn't even let him finish a thought.

I'm so glad that Matthew finally saw the light about the money. Downton Place just dowsn't have the same ring to it as Downton Abbey. LOL

On the other hand....Wy do they have that beautiful place that nobody had been to for years??? Just rent or sell it. No, guess that would've been too easy.

Oh, but royalty always owns several different estates of various sizes, for various reasons. At least back then.
That special on the castle itself and it's owners showed how after WW2, the huge tax increases had estates being torn down, demolished as the owners did not have the money/means to pay or upkeep.
Even now, when titles pass on to distant relatives, (not expecting it) they refuse, because of being unable to maintain the places.

Back