Downton Abbey schedule

I liked how Edith had stood up for herself, and insisting on becoming a nurse. Her independence in that way was very refreshing. It has just been this last bit during season 2 and the beginning of season 3 with her being so darn pushy over having a man and getting married. I just wanted to slap it out of her every time she opened her mouth. I give Mary credit for telling Edith that she was sorry that the wedding didn't happen, and she wanted her sister to have happiness despite their not getting along.

DOWNTON ABBEY TONIGHT!!!

There was an article in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette about the almost 4 month difference in starting dates for The USA and UK. The production company doesn't want Downton Abbey to get lost in September and October when all of the new shows premiere in the US. Also, we in the US get a few extra seconds left in each scene (people walking in or out of rooms, people looking in to space after speaking to others, exterior shots) because the show is cut for commercial breaks in the UK. LOL, that's ok. I'll take all that I can get.

Help please. My brother called from California while I was watching tonight.

I missed who intervened for Anna and Bates, and how their received their letters. Loved the split screen of them reading at the same time.

Did Sybil make it back on her own, or did her father have to go to the Home Secretary to get her out of Ireland. The last I heard, he said he'd go to London in the morning. I saw that Sybil came in, but don't know how she got there.

Are they keeping the new guy who came for an interview for the footman position?

Sorry, I can't help much since I saw the last 45 minutes. The first episode since I saw last one of 2nd season.

Bates was talking to another prisoner and getting something done. Then Bates lost his cellmate.
A guard came later and brought letters. I'm sure there is more to that story.

Edith is someone new to me and I have no idea what is going on with her
or who the baby daddy is or was.

Sybil just turned up at home.

Jimmy was hired, but they have to call him James. He doesn't like that name.

My PBS station repeats things later that night/morning. If you have speedy internet,
I'm sure you can watch that way ;)

Something was said about Bates going to a different prison, or section of the prison he was in. All his letters had been held so he got them. Same with Anna. A whole packet arrived, the head housekeeper (Mrs. Norris) brought them to her.
Sybyl arrived on her own, but Tommy wants to return to Ireland, despite being told he would be jailed immediately the second he set foot on Irish soil. He wants their baby born in Dublin, she is trying to tell him they must stay in Downton.His family gave him what for because of leaving her on her own and also for what he did there.
Mathew has found all sorts of things wrong in the books, the estate b eing mismanaged, but is bring brushed off about it. He hesitates to come right out and say so, as the family will be upset, so goes to cousin (Maggie Smith) who tells him, too bad, but you have to tell.
Carson wants to go back to being a butler, Mary convinced him to hire the "good looking" footman, and that slimy guy is trying to make himself more important than he is.

The little boy was given up to the grandparents, for his own good, by the mother.

Ethyl relinquishing little Charlie to his grandparents was gut-wrenching! I suppose Mrs. Hughes was right about it being best for Charlie unless or until some major social changes are made.

I don't think the future looks good for Sybil and Tom. sob.

Back