EJ DiMera

ShaSha

Reaction score
Wow! Who is playing the part of EJ DiMera? Those are mighty big shoes to fill. Any pics and info available yet?

The actor hired to take over the role of EJ is Daniel Feuerriegel.

There are pics of him in other forums/threads.

But.....

Attachments

• 1622547604014.png
    1622547604014.png
    625.2 KB · Views: 6
Thanks for the pic, but don't like the choice according to what I am seeing. :sad:

It will be interesting to see how many EJ fans will find the recast works for them. I've always thought the popularity of EJ was about the actor, not the character. I don't mean that as criticism. I tend to be that way about some characters myself, but no actor, including the original one, could make me like EJ.

For me, it was about James Scott (former EJ). I hated the character, but he was able to make him less hate-able sometimes depending on who he was interacting with. When you were meant to despise him, he made it easy. I really liked him in the role.

I'm not sure since I hated the character to begin with that I'll like a recast version, unless this new era is just that, bringing a new attitude along with the new face. They have the opportunity to turn him around, but I just don't see it happening.

Probably why so many liked the character was the looks of the portrayer. But guarantee you, he no longer looks like that. LOL. And I never did like the character, and I doubt that will change, no matter who plays him.

I've seen some recent pics of James Scott (EJ). Other than gray hair and some aging in the face, he still pretty much looks like that. He is very, very good-looking. The new guy is also attractive, but not in the same way. We'll see since we've only seen him standing in a doorway and in one or two preview clips, but so far, I'm not into it. To be EJ, he needs to have good looks and charm enough so we buy that women put up with his nonsense.

Admittedly, I saw pics of James Scott (EJ) from a while back, after he first left, longish hair, wearing a robe-like garment, beard........but that phase seemed to be short lived, however he still may return to it at times. But he has stated he will never return to Days, or to Hollywood. He has a sort of meditation business or group called the Whisper Within, but I did read an item about a trailer for a comedy series on TBS called Wrecked, I think. Sorry, don't pay much attention to his doings.

Probably why so many liked the character was the looks of the portrayer. But guarantee you, he no longer looks like that. LOL.

His looks definitely caught my attention when I first saw him as EJ. It did in fact make me like his character more.

Don't know if this is real current but I saw the grey in his beard.

I imagine James Scott (EJ) being 80 years old and still looking dapper and distinguished!

james scott 1.jpg

I watched the show from yesterday and today and I can only confirm my earlier opinion of the new EJ. It's just not going to work!! He wants to stay and take over DiMera Enterprises and there is nothing that shows the confidence and swagger James Scott (ex EJ) had. He seems like a nice guy but not as EJ!!

Back