EJ DiMera

I am probably not remembering correctly, but I thought EJ was trying to get away from DiMera and Stefano before he was "killed". Now they are going to make him a mini Stefano.

The new EJ isn’t going to work. He lacks the charisma and his accent is wrong. I can get used to the look, maybe, but not the accent.

I know most people here are not EJ fans, but I remember his first appearance as an adult, race car driver, Sami’s cute fan girl reaction, etc. I hated him at times and was taken in by him at times. He could charm and scare. This guy doesn’t seem to have that.

I’m not mad, because I’d love to see Sami with someone else. EJ, Rafe, and Lucas were my faves.

The writers don't care about EJ's character. So naturally, they will have their way with him. :sick: S

Each headwriter seems to put their own spin on a character, no matter who. And then recasts have theirs. I don't mind the accent, the actor is not British, and is Australian. Gwen has an accent, Tony, has one, John has a different way of speaking, as does Jake.

I seem to remember when EJ Wells first appeared, him sitting in a car with Chelsea I think, and in his own way, had her perform a sexual act for him. It set his character then and there. He could talk a good game, seem charming, but he wasn't.

This actor is not going to emulate James Scott (EJ), just as Cady McClain (Jennifer) did not emulate the sparkle of Melissa Reeves (Jennifer) when she was recast as Jennifer Horton.

I am probably not remembering correctly, but I thought EJ was trying to get away from DiMera and Stefano before he was "killed". Now they are going to make him a mini Stefano.
No, he was very much in the thick of drug trafficking when Clyde had him killed for stepping in on Clyde's territory.

Thanks JS. I figured I wasn't remembering correctly. Was there ever a time he was trying to do the right thing?

Personally, and I"ll head to Rew's corner after this, but they hired a guy with a killer body, and it's still in a suit.

When do we get the just-out-of-the-shower-walking-around-in-a-towel scene?????

Not that he has anything on Xander as far as sly clever yet approachableness.

I seem to remember when EJ Wells first appeared, him sitting in a car with Chelsea I think, and in his own way, had her perform a sexual act for him. It set his character then and there. He could talk a good game, seem charming, but he wasn't.
Wasn't Stephanie Johnson somehow involved? I seem to remember her in a race car driver suit. Maybe it wasn't related to EJ though, I can't remember.

I don't remember the scene in the car at all. I remember him showing up as Sami's neighbor and a race car driver. Stephanie was also a race car driver and they were rivals, but they weren't romantically involved.

I've been able to adapt to recasts after a while, with the exception of the last Jennifer. We'll see how this one works out.

The scene in the car was disgusting, and I could not believe Days did that scene. Or that the exec producer did not object and cause a rewrite.

His life as a race car driver is never mentioned any more, only that he became a lawyer (but he really didn't do anything as a lawyer, no practice, office, etc. )

Back