End of Spectator???

Poirot,
I visit several times a day. I don't post several times a day, but will when I have something to say. If someone has said it already I usually just like that post.

I started reading here after Dustin's ended.
I've always loved how the site is run.
No nastiness, no initials instead of names, no initial combinations. Those things make me sit and stare until I can figure out who is being talked about (sometimes I just don't get it at all). I love that I don't have to do that here. I know who everyone is talking about and can go with the flow of conversation.

I would so miss this site, if you decided to discontinue it. I realize it is a huge job to maintain the site, and I surely appreciate all that you and JS and all do to make this such a wonderful place to visit. I certainly would understand if you've had enough, or think you're not reaching enough people anymore, but I would miss this place so much.

I echo what all have said and also followed here from Dustin's Day Ahead site. I so enjoy reading both the show threads and also the personal ones. I haven't joined in at Donuts, but feel I know you all by reading your daily posts and look forward to see how everyone is doing each day.

I am thankful for everyone who contributes and for Barb and JasonD and others who help out doing the daily summaries. Please hang in there, I think we all need each other more than ever in these trying times and I would really miss coming here. :hug:

Gosh, thank you all. I guess I was on a real downer, stuff at home, business, & Honestly, if no one posts SOMETHING, ANYTHING, it just feels like no one cares. Heck, I have asked for help with the summary for just a day, and no response. (thank goodness JS is able to pitch in last minute) . I know how it feels when there are a few posts that express the same thoughts, been there, done that. The thing is, I have things going on currently, that are taking up my time, & I cannot spend as much time trying to make new posts, threads, etc. And neither does anyone else. I understand people work, are busy as well. Just letting you all know where I stand. I need help, & if it doesn't appear....I just cannot keep up.

Poirot ~ because I am on the west coast, I've always figured that my attempting to do a summary would be way too late for most. I would need to record the episode so that I could watch, pause, write, watch more, pause again, etc. I'm afraid most of you would be heading to bed by the time I could get a summary written. Thanks for letting us know you need the help.

This is the only site I read and I enjoy the site. But I am also one that rarely posts. By the time I'm able to get to the site to read, most of my thoughts have already been spoken.

Another thing, I just don't do much response to things online, I browse Facebook, but rarely post. I've been through so much in the past 3 years that I just really don't have it in me to do much in media. My dad developed lung cancer, which he fought hard. He overcame it for a while but after 7 months it came back. In the end, it was pneumonia that got him instead of the cancer in June of last year, 2 days after Father's Day. My mom passed just 8 months later, on Valentine's Day this year. I've been lost ever since, in a bad place and am just now coming out of my despair.

Suddenly working from home just one month later, and having no interaction with my co-workers, and being isolated has taken a real toll on me. I'm very thankful for the hospice grief counselor that has been working with me, and that God never gave up on me.

Days, even the bad ones, has been a great escape for me during all of this.

I would miss this site so much if it ended. I lurk every day and anxiously wait for the summary and love the spoilers. Like others have said, I don't usually comment because my thoughts have already been expressed. I also feel that this site has had a long time following so some of the members 'know' each other better and I feel funny jumping in. And I totally get that is how online sites are. I'm not saying people aren't welcoming. It's just me feeling funny about adding to conversations.

But I would totally miss this site. It's the only DOOL one I look at on a daily basis.

To avey04 and others who may feel funny about posting, please join in. There are a lot of times that I just say "I agree" with someone or click on the "Like" button. Remember that we all started off not knowing anyone else.

Also check out the "Donuts" forum. There are many of us who check in there most day. Yes, we've become friends, and we welcome everyone to post with us there. It is the one place on here that we can talk about whatever is on our minds or what's going on with our families, etc. A lot of us who post there live alone or are going through major life changes. We give and receive support and prayers as needed. We also worry about each other if someone doesn't check in for a while.

I recently clicked on a Days site and can't believe half of what was said there, According to the commentator, most of the cast are going to die and all manner of stuff, that was just too far-fetched. Here, I know it's factual and I enjoy (most of the time) what others have to say. Also, if I can't see an episode, I can read it here. Lots of times it's just a"like" or laugh, but I read it every day. I remember when you dropped the Bo and Hope site, I was so disappointed!

Redsquirrel - I will definitely check out the 'Donuts' forum. Thank you! Normally I just go straight to the spoilers and the 'Today's Summary', but I will expand my horizons on the board because I definitely don't want it to go away.

Avey04, well, see, I was going to say something like what RedSquirrel said, only she beat me to it and I'm glad she did because she said it so much better than I could.

Lookinguptoyou, I'm so sorry you suffered that much loss in a short period of time. Then being shut-in while still grieving doesn't help matters. Having Salem Spectator to come to brightens my day. Ordinarily I'm not a "group" person at all but here you can say as much or as little as you wish and there's no pressure. I'll be thinking of you and hoping for your peace and comfort.

I'm another one who has been reading this site for years before I finally joined. I don't post very often, but I do read many of the threads. Please don't shut down this site! It give me a different perspective on DOOL with all the comments. I love the spoilers and coming & goings of actors/characters. This is an escape from everyday life.

My favorite (and only) forum I visit for Days!!!! I like some Facebook pages but don't go further than that! I am so bad sometimes at putting my thoughts into words about what I am thinking about the show that I usually just do short bouts! thanks for the site!

I want to second redsquirrel's thoughts above, as well. I know Poirot and JustSamantha (and I in my small role as helper-with-summaries) and many others here work very hard to keep this site highly objective and positive. When I joined this site, I joined others, but this is the only one I found worth sticking around on!!

Poirot if you think I can be of more help in any way, please reach out. I may be changing jobs in the near future.

Back