Enough already! (griping)

Does "Li'l Toddler II, aka Sarah, also engage in baby talk at the hospital? Would she say something like this to the family of a patient: "Oooh, your hubby-wubby will needie a heart transplant, but don't fretty-wetty. We'll fix him up as good as newie."

Enough dumbing characters down so that a story works.

Enough telling us what we saw didn't happen.

Enough firing an actor (or letting them walk), only to bring them back at fans' behest, then turn them in to drooling idiots.

Enough grudge writing from Ron Carlivati (Head Writer)

And no more stunt casting!

My biggest pet peeve is also regarding the babies! The "snotty stuffy baby soundtrack" that is played every time Rachel or Henry Lucas are "on" drives me bonkers! Could someone please clean those babies noses or get them some saline spray?!? Coming in a close 2nd is the incompetence of DNA testing at Salem University Hospital. Between false positive matches, changed results, stolen embryos, and switched babies, I would NEVER walk in that hospital!

Capture.JPG
Any child capable of making a card/gift for mommy like that is too big to ride around in a baby buggy, and make sniffling crying noises. This child would be in a stroller and could actually make sounds, like mama or daddy.

And before you all point out the difficulties of having a child on set I totally understand that. It is not difficult to have a stroller pointed so the back is towards the camera, and someone on the crew has to have a toddler they could listen to for sound ideas.

And in another year Rachel will be an adult with a college degree that she didn't have to earn and an executive job that she knows nothing about and doesn't really work. She just collects a paycheck like everyone else on Days that has an "executive position!

Over the years, Days actors, writers, backstage crew have had babies, toddlers, babbling away. Whether their own, nieces/nephews, grandchildren, neighbors' kids, etc. How hard would it be at any time to record some crying, babbling, cooing, etc.?

Is there a law prohibiting getting newer sounds? Or does it all have to be licensed or something?

Back