Enough with Chanel

SalemPDiots

Reaction score
I can't be the only person who finds Chanel totally annoying. This character is just so phony and over-the-top, I can barely stand to watch her scenes. Not to take anything away from the actress (Precious Way) because she's doing a great job to make Chanel as irritating as possible, but I just can't stand her. It's obvious that the writers are trying to be more inclusive with the storylines relating to gender identity issues, but it seems like they're trying too hard to the point it seems forced.

I also initially found Paulina's character a bit abrasive, but she's begun to add a little fun to Abe's storyline. James Reynolds (Abe) has been on Days forever, and it always seemed that poor Abe has always been stuck with back burner or "background" storylines, so it's about time they give him something more interesting to do and someone more interesting with which to do it.

Well, Chanel is being recast, so we will be probably seeing a different portrayal of the character. I have no idea where the headwriter is going with this character, or what is on his mind for the future, but so far, agree, as to having become rather annoying.

As to Paulina, was initially happy to have her join Days, but not happy at all to know the character's intention was to destroy something that meant so much to so many.

It's so disappointing too, because I've really enjoyed Jackee' Harry (Paulina) over the years, especially on Another World, 227 and Sister, Sister.

I'm behind in shows. I'm currently watching 6/23. I'll wait for the new Chanel but I can't stand either of these characters, no criticism of the actresses themselves. The destruction of he town square and the Horton legacy is appalling.

The new one is much better. I can tell that already after today's episode. She seems more tolerable.

I haven't seen today's episode with the new Chanel, but I liked the original actress once she started planning for her bakery to open in the square. It seemed to tone her down and I liked that Allie was going to work with her. It was an original story and I have been tired of this generation of young adults walking around Salem with no job and no career aspirations.

I hope the new Chanel and Allie find a way to continue their plans to find a way to open a bakery now that Paulina has dashed their hopes.

Back