Eric and Serena

SarahBeth

Reaction score
I don't really mind these two, one way or another. But you know we are going to at some point have Serena trying to rub it in Nicole's face that she and Eric are together and tell her how Nicole is the rottenest person ever.

I just hope that when this happens the writers allow Nicole to fire back with "well he left you for the priesthood, but he chose me over it". And what would make it even better is Nicole realizing that he isn't good enough for her and being completely over him.

While I don't mind Serena and Eric together (mostly because that way, he won't be available for a possible pairing with him and Nicole, who does not deserve his venom), I agree that one day soon, there's going to be another round of "let's bash Nicole". It already started, seeing as Serena was selfless enough to let Eric go so he could enter the priesthood. She's soooooo much better than Nicole, already, as Nicole could not do the same. :rolleyes: I mean, never mind that Eric strung Nicole along, the guy is a Saint after all ! :rolleyes: And apparently, so is Serena. So... let the comparisons begin !

If they are pushing to put Daniel and Nicole together, why should she even be involved with Eric anymore and why should she care? Or are they just trying to keep Nicole in the middle of everything? Sorry, I am just really confused with this one.

Even though they have given us a fair amount of backstory on Serena, there is obviously still a whole lot that we don't know. What is her relationship with Melanie? Melanie is known to get in all sorts of bad schemes, perhaps Serena has been in on something with her???? And she is definitely used to holding her own, as she already demonstrated with her encounter with Anne Milbauer.

Boy oh boy. Eric admitting to Serena that his failure to forgive and his deep seeded hate are what is keeping him from returning to the priesthood doesn't mean much since he conveniently left out the fact that he swore to Nicole that regardless of any evidence ever coming out he chose her. Then there's always the fact that he didn't make her feel secure in the relationship but even he doesn't get that.

What he will more than likely end up telling Serena is that he thought he was in love with Nicole but he was just trying to make himself feel better by receiving her forgiveness for him accusing her of the rape and verbally cutting her to shreds several times telling her how horrible she is. I'd love it if Serena is just playing him to burn him since he left her when he was supposedly in love with her but turned around and left the church for another woman.

I just watched today's episode and I definitely think Serena is manipulating Eric.

Though I do like how self aware Eric is of his issues. Just wish he'd get therapy.

The thing with Eric....Nicole is the one who helped him with his PTSD. And HE is the one who first professed love, his love, to Nicole. She respected his priestly vows, no matter how she felt. And she is the one who FIRST went on the search for information that would clear Eric, show he had been drugged, etc. She did it without his knowledge, only wanting to help him.
But Eric, after his retreat, etc. was no longer a priest, and pursued Nicole, and the love for him she had kept tamped down just kept bubbling up. She was so happy, finally had someone loving her, and was so scared that her info would take it all away,again. So she did STUPID. And has paid for it.
But Eric......I agree he has issues that need counseling, (don't you wish Father Matt was around, God rest his soul) And there is something just slightly "off" about Serena. Sorry, every time someone wants answers to a question about her, her life, or something....she suddenly remembers she is late for an appointment and has to dash off.

I think there is way more to Serena than meets the eye. When the entire town is going over the top fawning over how perfect she is, that pretty much means she is far from perfect.

Does the same logic apply to Daniel Jonas? Not one person has anything negative to say about the man. Everyone literally gushes over him. His only nay-sayers were JJ and Lucas. One has become his biggest fan and the other hasn't mentioned him by name in over a year.

Back