Favorite SCENES

Part 1 Shanes proposal to get married right then and there. :love: He had dresses and everything prepared.
Part 2 just added to see the normalcy that was. Family no boinking going on just family having loving good conversations. As Jason calls it "nothing" moments?

*at least 2 more parts to this are available

robinsnest, I also remember Mike and Margo and the song that played during that scene was "Time In A Bottle" By Jim Croce.

As sad it was, I loved the scenes when Zack died. Kristian Alfonso (Hope) should have won the Emmy, hands down, that year.

Lucas and Sami when they broke the bed.

Tom and Alice dancing to or singing their song "Always". I can still hear them or see them.

Kayla getting her hearing back during her and Steve's wedding.The joy on Steve's face, gah it gets me every time I think about it. :cry: Shane finding out he was Andrew's father after giving blood to help save him. Again :cry: because Shane and Kim were amazing. Austin proposing to Carrie in the garden at St. Luke's after they found out Will wasn't his child. Gina opening the puzzle box in the pub in front of Alice, Bo, Billie, Shawn & Caroline and proving she was Hope. Those are just off the top of my head.

Alice coming downstairs after Tom had died (she had found him), not shown of course because MacDonald Carey (Tom Horton) had really passed away. She didn't need to say anything :(

Why are there no scenes like this anymore Justin/Adrienne:

That reminds me, I enjoyed when Rafe bounced Junior around HTS (while John and Lucas watched).

Oh yes!! Truly a highlight, especially with Lucas' comment that they should sell tickets!!

I think my mother would pick Bo & Hope's escape scene from her wedding to Larry, it was all she could talk about for weeks. I was a bit too young to get as caught up in it, though it'd definitely be in my Top 50.

I really liked the reveal that Parker wasn't Daniel's at the christening. It took me by surprise how it unfolded. It also may be the only time I ever experienced an ounce of feeling for Daniel (beyond revulsion)...but just for a second.

I never saw that scene.......wasn't watching then......but it reminds me of the movie, Laura. Woman found dead in Laura's apt., shot in the face (of course). Laura is the victim, but of course was out of town, having lent the place to a friend, who had donned Laura's nightgown & negligee to wear. Wasn't a "twin" thing, but the premise is the same.
I don't mind things like that at all happening on Soaps.
I like when a fav character, thought to be dead, is brought back. Jack in a hospital, finding Steve, the orderly with amnesia as to his previous life, who was cleaning his room or something. Those two actors were wonderful together.

I don't remember the storylines, really, but I remember when Melissa (Maggie's daughter... not an egg-baby, mind you) used to dance. I loved those scenes. I kind of remember Melissa being with Pete a long time, I think they got married, or tried to, then Lars Englund, also a dancer, came on the show and him and Melissa had a thing. Again, it's all fuzzy, I just remember the dancing. Much like the singing on this show, I miss scenes like that. It's at least more interesting than stupid cat fights or overly graphic sex scenes.

Or how about Liz Chandler (Gloria Loring) singing ?

I also remember the real Friday cliff hangers. I can't find the scene, and I don't know if anyone will remember what I'm talking about, but when there were outdoor adventures on Days, there was a Friday cliff hanger that featured Bo, John and Marlena. Bo and John were fighting and John was about to fall of a cliff (or he did... again, a little fuzzy here), and Marlena had just found out John was Roman (yep, since then, it has changed) and she yells to Bo : "Don't let him die, he's Roman !" Again, sorry for being unclear, but I liked cliff hangers like that. Because believe me, I'm sooooo not on the edge of my seat when a Friday cliff hanger is about Paige and JJ and Paige could find out about him and Eve. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

These are the scenes that actually turned me into a Days viewer again, a decade after I'd stopped watching (and the ONLY reason I'd tuned in to start with was because I was held captive at home after knee surgery and couldn't find anything else to watch) :

And the story kept getting better: Rafe's discovery that Sami was pregnant (while she still attempted to lie about the situation), their discovering the convent and their relationships with nuns, Grace being born, (I could go on and on). The rise in ratings and the show's subsequent renewal, after being slated for cancellation showed that I wasn't the only one liking changes in the show. Sadly at this point, I can't see myself becoming a daily viewer again.

The other scenes that initially got me hooked years before were John and Marlena's reunion on the docks, his finding her when she'd been kidnapped and held hostage and of course Da Plane scenes when he was trying to leave Salem.

This is regarding Jason's post of that youtube clip in post #33. It was great to revisit scenes that were actually filmed outside on location. John and Bo fighting in the dirt on a cliff while Marlena watches from a river bank??? Great setting! Would it drain the budget to shoot a few scenes in a real park in California just to add a bit of realism to the show every now and then.

When John took Isabella to Italy (she was very ill, and dying) and he carried her in his arms to the balcony, (beautiful music was playing), and she died in his arms. A truly moving, emotional scene.
I still have tapes of a couple of the episodes involving Isabella's death. The way it was written was wonderful, and to this day, makes me cry to watch it. The taped message they played for all of the family and friends, was so sweet.

One thing that wasn't a particular scene, but in the past scenes tended to be longer than 45 seconds. In current time they are short and choppy. An entire conversation that might last a minute and a half is broken up and aired through out the show. I find the choppiness of current Days to be off putting. But then I'm old and have an attention span longer than a gnat.

Back