Friday, February 15th

I literally only got to see that one scene! So, I'll see the rest this evening when I get home. Sounds good....I do miss Friday cliffhangers!

The only thing I see missing is that absolutely NO reference has been made to Ciara. Just where is she? Will she be the same age as Claire when Bo and Hope finally get back to Salem? The writers are treating that baby girl just like they treated Zack. Zack wasn't mentioned until the writer's decided to get rid of him and then everything is lovey dovey for a couple of episodes. Bah humbug!

On another note, thanks for a great job, Barb. This one's for you from NE Wisconsin:

An appropriate Wisconsin poem

It's winter in Wisconsin
And the gentle breezes blow,
70 miles per hour at 52 below!
Oh, how I love Wisconsin
When the snow's up to your butt.
You take a breath of winter air
And your nose is frozen shut.
Yes, the weather here is wonderful,
I guess I'll hang around.
I could never leave Wisconsin,
'Cause I'm frozen to the ground!

I love it! Your Wisconsin poem is so true - I am in Southeast Wisconsin.
I wouldn't live anywhere else. I agree with you about Ciara - maybe Aunt Maggie is watching her.

The Bradys on the failing aircraft

I think they were all fabulous today. They were so believable as people who fear for their lives in a crashing plane, and the screaming! It made me feel as if I were on that plane. The acting of Kayla, Hope, and Pop Shawn was getting me all choked up. Tissue time! I think Days deserves to be nominated for a daytime Emmy, also. I hope that the writing stays the same as it has been when the regular writers return.

I've been bawling for the past week! I've been watching Days for the past 41 years and feel as if the Bradys and Hortons are my friends. My friend, who also watches Days, and I talk about them as if we they are our friends. Our husbands ask who we're talking about and we tell them our friends who are on t.v. Then they laugh and say, that's right! Days of Our Lives! I just hope that Bo has been misdiagnosed.

Re Wisconsin poem

Someone emailed that to me. As for the crash--what made me teary was Steve's very short, but earnest prayer. Really got me.

In re: Wisconsin poem.......I also had received it before and had posted that in the Donut thread a few days ago. has been soooooooooo cold up here.

I watched this show again last nite on SoapNet, and cried all over again. This was an absolutely fabulous, wonderfully acted episode, I just cannot find enough adjectives to describe it, or heap enough accolades on every single person involved. The shaking plane, the terror, the feeling of helplessness, the acceptance of death, the determination of John & Steve to do whatever, the upclose cameras detailing every flicker of eye, expression of frustration.
Folks, I honestly think we all should write a note to Days. We complain, how about giving the applause now. They truly deserve an outpouring of thankful mail.

In re: Wisconsin poem.......I also had received it before and had posted that in the Donut thread a few days ago. has been soooooooooo cold up here.

I watched this show again last nite on SoapNet, and cried all over again. This was an absolutely fabulous, wonderfully acted episode, I just cannot find enough adjectives to describe it, or heap enough accolades on every single person involved. The shaking plane, the terror, the feeling of helplessness, the acceptance of death, the determination of John & Steve to do whatever, the upclose cameras detailing every flicker of eye, expression of frustration.
Folks, I honestly think we all should write a note to Days. We complain, how about giving the applause now. They truly deserve an outpouring of thankful mail.

What you said, Poirot!!! Kudos.

Hope it warms up soon! Spring is about 5 weeks away...I say to it...Hurry!!

wow....

So, this week was a little busy with work, and I didn't get to watch the shows until this afternoon (all 5 in a row, thank you very much!)...Can I just say that I haven't enjoyed Days this much since probably the "Cruise of Deception" storyline. Superb writing, acting, and camera work. I sure hope this is a sign of what we'll be seeing in future weeks/months(/years?...please?!).

And a random aside (can't remember which episode, I think it was earlier in the week)...did anyone catch Roman saying "that's a fact" to Kate? I was rolling...

So, this week was a little busy with work, and I didn't get to watch the shows until this afternoon (all 5 in a row, thank you very much!)...Can I just say that I haven't enjoyed Days this much since probably the "Cruise of Deception" storyline. Superb writing, acting, and camera work. I sure hope this is a sign of what we'll be seeing in future weeks/months(/years?...please?!).

And a random aside (can't remember which episode, I think it was earlier in the week)...did anyone catch Roman saying "that's a fact" to Kate? I was rolling...

I too just finished watching all 5 epis from this week. Of course I was watching them while my bf was on the computer, but he does come out periodically to get things. I swear everytime he came out of the room I was crying...lmao all he does is look at me and shake his head.

This, for me, is the best days has been in forever!! I actually enjoy watching the entire show these days.

I agree Olivia - the show was very dark. I had trouble understanding them too. I finally put the closed captioning on my tv so I could see what they were saying.

Daysfan2 - I agree that it is hard to understand what some are saying, especially John. He has so many funny oneliners, but unless I read them here, I don't know about it! When Steve said his prayer at the end, I ran it back about six times, and my daughter and I finally decided he said, "Oh Dude Lord, when the plane hits, please cushion the blow a bit. Amen."

Omg !!!

It's like I couldn't get to work fast enough. I woke up about 2 am this morning, and remembered I got cable in my bedroom! (Big mistake to buy me a flat screen for the bedroom, only gonna keep it on like always!!!!!!!!!!)
Any who, I watched thursdays epi and the watched friday's. I am laying in bed crying about pop shawn. The whole thing was played beatufully! I loved it! Ok gotta go back to work. Talk to ya'll later.:smile:

Back