Future spoilers

If it's not Louise Sorel, it's never going to be Vivian to me. I'm sorry but she owns that character no matter how much the idiots that be protest. It's never ever acceptable for anyone else playing a veteran character for me. My brain is too old and can not overwrite the images that are burnt in!

Last edited:
I also will not accept a recast of Vivian. Louise Sorel is Vivian. If she cannot return to play the character, I prefer not to have the character return. Same goes for the Kristen recast. It doesn’t work for me and rather they create a new character if they want to hire a new actress.

sometimes a character is necessary for some storyline...and a recast becomes mandatory. However, what is jarring is the change in personality, the character is completely different, (Diana is recent example). Thus,...so different, many viewers feel that the actor ids someone else, using the fav's name. Might as well be different character.

If it's not Louise Sorel, it's never going to be Vivian to me. I'm sorry but she owns that character no matter how much the idiots that be protest. It's never ever acceptable for anyone else playing a veteran character for me. My brain is too old and can not overwrite the images that are burnt in!

I totally agree. Some characters just cannot be replaced. Nobody could ever be Stefano, Sami, Jack, Rolf, Ivan and Vivian, (a pair made in heaven.) and especially Bo. When they brought in Robert Kelker-Kelly to play Bo, I loved the actor, and eventually, he did manage to give Bo a maturity and sense of humor that I don't think he'd had before, but it still wasn't Bo. Peter Reckell had that locked up.

My daughter called him BOO She just could not accept Robert Kelker-Kelly (ex-Bo) either. I thought he was fine when he was with Billie, just seemed like a different character. When Hope came back, no go for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back