Girl Gone Wild

K

kpatch

Chapter 1

MAGGIE’S KITCHEN

Melanie is holding baby Parker Jonas, while Philip is sitting at the kitchen table.
Melanie: Oh my gosh.
Philip: What’s the matter?
Melanie: Here, hold the baby for me a minute.
She gives the baby to Philip.
Melanie: I forgot to heat the baby’s bottle.
Philip: I’m thinking that babysitting is too stressful for you.
Melanie: What? No. Don’t say that. I love babysitting my baby brother. I’m so happy when my dad and Chloe want to leave Parker with us. It makes me want ...
Philip: Want what?
Melanie: A baby of my own.
Philip: Oh.
Melanie: Too soon, huh?
Philip: No, not at all. I’m starting to warm up to the idea.
Melanie: Seeing you holding the baby like that ... it’s almost like watching you hold your own son.
Philip: Um. No. He’s my brotherinlaw.
Melanie: Who do you think he looks like?
Philip: I don’t know. Bill Clinton?
Melanie: No, silly. I mean do you think he looks more like Chloe or my dad?
Philip looks at the baby.
Philip: I think he’s a good combination of both his parents.
Melanie: I don’t.
Philip: You don’t what?
Melanie: I don’t think he looks like my dad at all.
Philip: Is the bottle ready? He’s starting to get fussy.
Melanie: Here, let me take him.
She takes him out of Philip’s arms.
Melanie: I still wonder if my dad really is Parker’s father.
Philip: Melanie...
Melanie: I mean, look who performed the paternity test.
Philip: Carly.
Melanie: And you can’t trust a word that comes out of her mouth. I’m thinking of doing my own test.
Philip: What???
Melanie: Just to be sure that the baby is really my dad’s.
Philip: Melanie, no.
Melanie: Yes.
Philip: No.
Melanie: Yes.
Philip: Everyone’s happy. Why do you want to rock the boat?
Melanie: It might just be an illusion of happiness.
Philip: You realize you’re getting obsessed about this. You’ve gotta stop.
Melanie: I’m not going to stop until I find out the truth for myself.

To be continued weekdays ...

For information on how this story idea was born, go to: http://www.salemspectator.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13619

What a glorious morning it is when I log on and find the start to a new kpatch story! Yay!!!! :clap:

Interesting start...so I wonder if you'll be parlaying this story into your next one also...hehehe...I won't say anymore about that so as not to give anything away. I could be off though. I think you said this one was supposed to be a stand alone short story. Anyway, it will be interesting if Mel does the paternity test and see what she finds out! :)

Great to have you back, friend!

So glad your back kpatch! I've missed you terribly :)

This sounds exciting! I can't wait to read more, more, more!!! :)

Wheee!!!! (CTG spins around in her chair, gets dizzy and nearly falls) Love seeing a new Kpatch story! What a great day...Welcome back Kpatch. Hope you enjoyed your time away~

Welcome back. Have missed you. I am loving this story already. My Salem Christmas wish come true? Who knew you were Santa?

A new kpatch story! Awesome! This looks like it's gonna be good!

Melanie sounds just like Stephanie.....two, two, two twits in one...!!!

Aw, thanks for the warm welcome back, everyone! Vacation was fabulous! Heck, vacation is fabulous, just by definition!

I think you said this one was supposed to be a stand alone short story.

That's correct, Sparky. This is a short story just for fun, unattached to anything before it or anything after it.

Chapter 2

SALEM UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL, THIRD FLOOR NURSES STATION

Melanie is at the Nurse’s Station holding Parker.
Melanie: Thanks for agreeing to help me with the DNA test, Nathan.
Nathan: I wish you’d reconsider, Melanie. The test has already been done.
Melanie: I know. But I think there was a big fat coverup and I want to know for sure.
Nathan: Why? Your dad is happy.
Melanie: Unbelievable.
Nathan: What is?
Melanie: You sound just like Philip. I didn’t think the two of you would ever agree on anything.
Nathan: We have a thing or two in common. Look Mel, why not leave well enough alone?
Melanie: Because. I don’t want my dad to live a lie. I grew up thinking the wrong man was my dad, and I don’t want Parker to go through the same thing.
Nathan: But Daniel is a good guy. Parker could do worse.
Melanie: Look, are you going to help me or aren’t you?
Nathan: I told you I would, so let’s get it over with. I reserved Examination Room 3. Let’s go.

Stephanie has been eavesdropping on their conversation and watches Nathan and Melanie take the baby and go into Examination Room 3. The wheels in her head are spinning like mad, knowing she can’t let them do a DNA test, lest the truth will come out. She goes over to a house phone on the wall, presses two buttons on the keypad, and disguises her voice as she makes an announcement over the hospital’s loudspeaker system.
Stephanie: Paging Melanie Kiriakis to the 12th floor nurses station. Melanie Kiriakis, you are urgently needed at the 12th floor nurses station.
Stephanie watches Melanie bolt out of the Exam Room and get on an elevator. Stephanie runs to the Exam Room and composes herself before entering. Nathan is surprised to see her.

Nathan: Steph!
Stephanie: What’s going on?
Nathan: Um.
Stephanie: Why is Parker Jonas here? Is he sick?
Nathan: Um. Stephanie, you’re my fiance and I’m not gonna lie to you. This is top secret. Melanie is redoing the baby’s paternity test.
Stephanie: Oh? Why?
Nathan: She doesn’t trust the original results.
Stephanie: Oh. Okay. Whatever. Listen, I just ran into Dr. Walters and he was looking for you. He said it was urgent.
Nathan: Oh man. I can’t leave the baby.
Stephanie: I’ll watch him.
Nathan: Are you sure?
Stephanie: Sure. No problem.
Nathan: You’re the best. I love you.
Stephanie: I love you too.
Nathan leaves. As soon as the coast is clear, Stephanie grabs the baby and heads for the elevator.

To be continued...

Oh no! Where is Stephanie going with Parker? :( That poor baby! What a little snot Stephanie is. Can't wait for more, kpatch! :)

Uh-oh. Stephanie on the run with Parker. How scary is that? Poor baby...Wonderful chapter, Kpatch. Cannot wait for more!!

Yay!!! Kpatch is back!!!!!

Great start to the story.

Poor Parker!! Being left alone in Stephanie's hands is never a good thing. I hope he's gonna be ok....

Ugh. I just cannot stand that girl. Hopefully she doesn't run away and kidnap him. LOL
Thanks kpatch! :)

I seem to recall that some SS posters thought Stephanie would steal the baby. Lordy, Lordy, Steph, I hope you are going to take that baby right to PHilip and tell him what you should have already told him and let him figure it out. If she's really smart she'll go see Papa Vic and get his help. Just PLEASE don't take him to Grandma Caroline! :D

I'm kind of surprised how so many are criticising Stephanie with no mention of Melanie's behavior.....good grief, it is Melanie who is taking a baby that is not hers and taking him to a hospital for a medical test. Who does she think she is...??? I think she is waaaaay out of line for assuming the responsibility of having this test run......and I would think Nathan could have his license suspended for performing a procedure on an infant without a parents consent.......at this point, I'm all for Stephanie taking the child.....

Back