hair??

I don't think hair color matters a whole lot when casting "legacy characters" anymore and the parts are given to the best candidate who auditioned.

Look at Eric. Sami and Eric were almost always blonds (except when they were dark-haired toddlers), but when Days cast Greg Vaughan, they went with a dark-haired guy to play blond Sami's twin.

Taylor (Nicole's sister) originally had very dark hair, but with the last two actresses, she was closer to dirty-blond.

Little Jeannie Donovan was a blond, but they hired dark-haired Jen Lilley to play adult Theresa.

Stephanie Johnson was a light-haired baby/toddler, but came back as a redhead, then a brunette.

I thought Taylor originally was a redhead, back when that one actress played her in the 90s?

No, the original Taylor had dark hair. The first 2 pictures are the original Taylor.

th
th
th
th

Kate Mansi was TOLD she would have to go blonde, and she did, but was very unhappy. Nicole also has to go blond, but doesn't like it.
When she was gone from the show, she let it be, then had to go back to the coloring. You can see currently, she really delays the "touch ups".With all the product, harsh lights, spray, etc. actors, especially female ones, really worry about the excess use of chemicals on their hair.
As to the frontal flip up on the males....don't like it, think it looks ridiculous, and it does remind me of the Big Boy icon. LOL

From the back Jens hair looked okay, just okay. The front, oy! Shoved behind her ears. If they want earrings to show, pin or clip it just a bit. The back looked to be breathing a sigh of relief that it's not braided or pony-tailed. Still almost looked like it needed hair CPR.

Nicole's hair has looked fabulous lately. That short do looks really good on her. I haven't liked Jennifer's hair for awhile now. When she wore it pinned under a couple months ago making it appear shorter I thought that would look great on her. Even just a shoulder length bob would be an improvement.

I would wager that the male flips began as a height-enhancing strategy.

I'm thankful that the "Days" women are not yet using those ribbon bows.

To me it looks like with all the attached hair and whatnot, they have ruined Jen's hair. Pehaps it is time for a shoulder length cut for her that she could grow out if they let that happen. Marlena's hair almost always looks good! And I seem to recall she does it herself?

Back