Hallmark.........and the Me channels.....

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The other day, watched a Hallmark movie, don't know the name, but was so good.....it dealt with a crabby young man, who used a cane, was a grinch of sorts towards a kid, whose mother eventually became friends with him. Turns out, he had had a stroke, & besides the cane, he could not move his left arm, seemed to always hold it against his waist. I am gonna look it up if I can to get the title, as I'd like to see it again.

And then, last night, watched that "farewell to M.A.S.H. episode (3 hrs.) Been some time since I had seen the original, still made ,me tear up again. There were interviews with some of the original actors (yes, they have gotten a lot older and greyer) who talked about their fellow actors, characters....how they were really a family, one said, I missed them, and I still miss the show. Still got a kick how each left the camp in a different way. And how they all fell apart when the tents housing their barracks, mess hall, operating rooms came down.

I'll have to it a shot. It struck me as a reworking of a previous movie plus I'm not crazy about the actors so I just moved on. Well actually two previous movies smooshed together. :)

I only started watching these movies maybe 3 years ago and I've been sort of disappointed since last year. I am looking forward to the one next week with the three guys and the baby.

That's the one I am looking forward to seeing, I really like all 3 actors. Yes, some Hallmark movies are disappointing, for sure. But that Noel next door really dealt with something different. That guy was in his mid-late 30s, had a stroke, but was living his life now the very best he could, despite his disability. I have looked for Hallmark schedule, but so far, only find current week.....I thought I could find a schedule thru end of year, no luck there. If anyone comes across the next showing date, be sure and let me know. Thank you.

I searched my cable guide but that might only go out a week. I can't remember if you have Peacock but it might show up there. Strangely the one that debuted last night is on there but Noel isn't. If you google Noel Next Door Peacock there's a link for it. Weird.

I'd probably like this movie then. The ones I like don't get seem to get replayed much or they get one rerun during the overnight hours. I finally managed to record Double Holiday which I loved but I guess I was in the minority. My first intro to Kristoffer Polaha who I didn't think I'd like but then ended up swooning over. I wish next weeks movie was 4 men with him included.

My first intro to Kristoffer Polaha who I didn't think I'd like but then ended up swooning over.
I really enjoyed him in the show Ringer with Sarah Michelle Gellar, who played identical twins. He was married to the bad twin's best friend and also having an affair with the bad twin. I'm still salty that show was cancelled after one season and it ended with a bunch of loose ends.

Thank you W.W. they did a very good synopsis of the finale, covered all the bases. I honestly was tearing up thru a lot of scenes (as the cast was themselves, so they said in interviews) Alan Alda said that goodbye on the helio pad, done with rocks, was not only BJ's note to Hawkeye, but it was M.A.S.H.'s goodbye wave to the viewing public.

it dealt with a crabby young man, who used a cane, was a grinch of sorts towards a kid, whose mother eventually became friends with him. Turns out, he had had a stroke, & besides the cane, he could not move his left arm, seemed to always hold it against his waist.
The description of this character reminds me of the guy who lived next door to Kate and Toby on This Is Us and eventually became friends with them and the kids.

Back