Hate to say this but.. (about Theresa)

With absolutely no backstory to explain her motivations for behaving the way she has since day one, nothing they can ever do or say, will make me like Theresa even one bit. From stealing money from Vargas, getting & keeping Brady stoned (and granted, he's no Mr. Innocent in all of it), to deliberately trying to kill John twice, to lying outright about Xander trying to rape her.... and all the other garbage she's pulled. Her fawning over Brady is laughable and the fact that he hasn't gotten a restraining order against her crazy ...self...makes me look at him as someone with the IQ of a potato.

She could single-handedly save all of Salem from certain death and I'll still hate her miserable useless guts. Nothing against Shane & Kim, nor against Jen Lilley (Theresa) but if they announce tomorrow that Theresa is being killed off, I will jump for joy and cheer for hours upon hours at the news.

Last edited by a moderator:
All I can say is that Jen Lilley (Theresa) makes me smile. I really like the actress so I find it hard to really hate the character.

edited to add character's name - JS

LOL, I had to log on and chime in about this. Theresa is still the same old Theresa, she's just tamer. She hasn't changed because her primary goal is still to get Brad, she's just calmer in her approach. Examples: She told Maggie she wanted to buy Basic Black/have a career so Brady would take her seriously. I can't remember the exact conversation a week or so ago, but Brady was talking to her and she kisses him & he quickly tells her it's not happening. Nicole and Kate were arguing over Basic Black business and Brady walks in and tells them to quiet down and Theresa plays suck up and quickly says she wasn't arguing. Then last week when she was working on Abby's dress, she pulls out another dress and mentions it's for her and Brady's wedding. More reserved in her approach Theresa, yes, but still the same old song and dance when you get down to it.

Also, the fact that she rips JJ and Jennifer for all they did to Paige and Eve when she runs around town grumbling about people not giving her a fair chance and always looking down on her or judging her doesn't endear her to me either. Not the best way to prove how much she's grown or changed when she can't "forgive" others but she wants instant forgiveness from everyone else.

Change doesn't happen overnight. It happens slowly. I think that when Brady told her something to the effect of he didn't want her to leave the house because he is worried for Tate's safety in another one of his abusive verbal beatdowns it light a fire in her. Because really the only reason he's seen as better is because of his rich family. He is trying (and succeeding) in controlling almost everything that involves Tate including Theresa's interaction with him.

I'd be more worried about Brady relapsing than Theresa scheming at this point . Brady's addiction issues are far more of a threat now that Theresa has a real goal. She finally reclaimed her dream (that her mother completely stomped on when she was a kid) and is pursuing it and is bent on showing him and all his family that she has worth.

It doesn't bother me that she still carries a torch for Brady. Why, I don't know since he's a complete jerk to her half the time. I'm hoping that by the time he sees her change she meets someone else who is thought of as equally awesome and Brady can go fly a kite.

And as for the backstory for Theresa we do finally have more on that and it does help explain her.

I think the thing that bothered me about Theresa getting mad that Jen and JJ were there was that Jen had mentioned to her the prior day that they would be attending. And I think she even asked if Theresa thought it would be ok, or something to that affect. Theresa made the statement that she didn't think Eve would even notice them there.

Also, when Jen went to visit Eve, she told her she'd be at the funeral and Eve didn't tell her not to go.

Now, I do think that they did not have to sit in the front row. They could have paid their respects from afar and then not gone to the reception.

I am liking Theresa becoming a real total person instead of a what she was .... she is now trying to think like a mom and trying to make something good of herself so her son can be proud of her. I did like that she tried to say sorry to Brady for the kiss the other day. Brady on the other hand was rude in his short rebuttal of it.

I am hoping at least the two of them can now parent calmly and without drama and that Theresa gets so involved in the design of clothing that she realizes she does not "need Brady" to make her whole. Also that Brady now needs her in his life.. The show needs a happy couple/family to root for, they could be a good one.

I do not want Theresa with Brady. She was so evil the way she had Melanie leave town and hurt everyone involved. She was only thinking of herself. She does not deserve to be with him, but I do hope she finally gets a life, and a job that she can really work at.

As much as I liked Melanie I really didn't like her and Brady together at all. And Melanie gave up to easily. I get why because if I were in her position I would have broken it off. I wouldn't want to be a stepmom even if the baby momma wasn't as bad as Theresa.

Reactions: YPG
I am starting to like Theresa also! Hopefully she will get her act together for her son. Not sure about her and Brady but only time will tell. As for Eve, she to me is not redeemable even if she was staying and her blame game is getting old! She set all of this in motion and needs to face the music!

I have always liked Theresa. Some of her actions, like hitting John with the fire poker was a bit wrong, but I think she is trying to do the right things. That being said, yes Jenn and JJ had a right to be at the funeral to pay their respects but, they did not belong in the front row where family is supposed to sit during a funeral. They should have stayed to the back. The front row is always designated for family and Jenn and JJ were not Paige's family.

As for Brady, he is now riding Jenn's high horse. Does he not remember how everyone tried to warn him about Kristen and how he treated and spoke to everyone like they were doggie doodoo to him? So he should have kept his big mouth shut. At least Theresa did not talk to them like they were doggie doodoo.

I have always loved Theresa! She is vintage beauty on the outside, narcissistic evil on the inside-- a thorny rose. Never a dull moment with her, never a limit to what she will do to get her way. Poor Brady had always had rotten luck, his girls die (Arianna, Madison), or are man-eaters (Kristen, Nicole, Chloe, Theresa). Melanie, eh, just didn't feel anything like chemistry there.

But when Theresa and Brady interacted at the AA meetings I knew they would explode in drama. Those two are so cute together, passionate, it is a shame they are toxic. Yet, can anyone name a couple that hasn't had chaotic drama? I can see a great story where loving Tate and Brady transforms her into a kinder person, or she does good, then self-destructs again. Either way, we get a break from the same old love triangles.

I might be in the minority here but I absolutely love the coupling of Brady and Theresa. :) I think the love story has some good qualities. Both have made mistakes in the past and both have addiction issues. The two of them have also had a tumultuous upbringing and are looking to be accepted and loved by those around them. I would love to see two troubled souls finding something greater which would be love between the two of them!!

Although some of Theresa's actions have been unforgivable, she's often made bad choices because I believe that all she ever wanted was happiness and love. I think she is finally maturing and I think being a mother is changing her. :) I think she is starting to realize that her actions not only affect her life but also Tate's. Also, I think she is starting to grow as a person and I for one can not wait to see the girl that seemed so unredeemable casting a positive light in Salem. :)

I don't know about Brady and Theresa. He should still be upset she had Melanie leave town.
And Theresa hurt John.

Today we learned more about Theresa's relationship with her mom. Brady knew how it
felt when his dad wasn't there because of the ISA.

I was ready to write Theresa off with the old writers. I have certainly welcomed the turnaround the new writers have taken her in. I like that they are at least trying to add backstory to her character to explain her behavior. I think the actress does a wonderful job. The character still has some edge but is much tamer and more vulnerable. She has a rootable quality now that she didn't have before. I would like her to come to the realization that she doesn't need to be with Brady but for now it makes sense. I just want her to pursue her design dreams and be the best mom to Tate that she can be. Although, I'd be ok with it if she and Brady fell in love during this process. I just would rather that not be her focus.

As to the funeral scenes, I think that was a case of different script writers and lack of continuity. Given the scenes the day before with Jennifer/Eve and Jennifer/Theresa/Abby there really shouldn't have been too much of a confrontation there at the funeral. But I can see things changing in the heat of the moment. Jennifer and JJ should have steered clear of Eve and Theresa at the funeral and not attended the reception.

The two of them have also had a tumultuous upbringing and are looking to be accepted and loved by those around them.

Actually Brady and Jeannie Theresa are quite loved by those around them. Viewers have known both characters since birth and have watched Brady be integrated into John and Marlena's home. Marlena has raised Brady since infancy, whether John was living with her or not. So he is as much her son as Belle and Sami and Eric are her children. Save for a ridiculous few months when Brady first was SORASed, he has always treated Marlena as his mother and even used to call her mom.

Jeannie Theresa has clearly been loved by her parents and her sister and her grandmother and likely her brother, as evidenced by their visits to Salem as well as what we saw when she was a toddler. While I appreciate the too little too late attempt by these writers to give her a backstory, it still doesn't make sense when long time viewers know her parents quite well.

I have always felt Theresa was just misunderstood and actually was vulnerable behind all of her nasty, mean ways. I am loving the fact that the current writers are doing their best to turn around the mess made by the previous writers to Theresa's character. They are making it appear that she was very unhappy at her job and was friendless for so long that she lashed out at everyone. Now she has something to live for by doing a job that she loves, a baby who loves her and needs her, and slowly acceptance by people in Salem (Abby).

I can take or leave a pairing with her and Brady, but a lot of the issues I have with the pairing have to do with Brady and the way that he acts so superior to her. I do agree he has every right to be mad at her for hitting John with the fire poker and blaming it on him, and driving Melanie out of town (that was actually a relief to me, I wish she had driven Dr. Tan Man out while she was at it). Other than that, Brady is responsible for drinking and using drugs for himself when they were out partying together. Brady is no innocent in what happened between the two of them, yet he puts all of the blame on Theresa.

I am glad they gave Theresa some depth, makes her more human, finally. I hope Abby gets better writing too and manages to have a relationship where she isn't so fickle for a change! As for Theresa, even if her turnaround isn't complete and she remains a villain, that is ok, too, she is very good at it. A great drama needs its bad guys too, its Kristens and Vivians and Stefanos. Not everyone can be a protagonist in a story, or it'd be boring!

I think deep down Brady replaced his vices for liquor and blow for those dangerous women instead, he is not exactly into the hoity-toity Horton type of girl the family would approve of.

Ah, but Theresa set her sights on Brady & his money, and fed into his addictions in order to snare him. Brady realizes this, although it took him a while. Just as in real life, bio parents do not necessarily want to spend the rest of their lives together, know they really do not belong together. Theresa, to me, won't face that fact.

That said, again, as in real life, children in the same family, for some reason, have different ideas about how they were treated by their family. That ol' "mom liked you best" thing.

I really would like to see Theresa on her own, doing her job, taking care of her baby during her period of time with him, being a good friend to those who care about her. But also being smart enough to not get pushed down by Nicole & especially Kate at Basic Black.

I think Theresa is focused on Tate, her dream to be a designer and Brady is beginning to fall behind them. She's gone from wanting to be the mommy living in the baby daddy's mansion not working and spending her time figuring out a way to get Brady back; to the mom who has realized she can pursue her dreams and is doing so.

I like her "I'll show them that I can do it" attitude. She now knows that she doesn't need Brady's money because she went out and got her financial backing without him. So her wanting Brady is becoming less about his money and we haven't seen her trying to figure out how to get her hands on it. She wants him for him which is a mystery to me because he really isn't a prize.

Back