Hello! Refugee from NBC Days board

tvcat

Reaction score
Hello Salem Spectator posters!

I'm a refugee from the NBC Days board that was hacked in Nov and now taken down forever. RIP NBC forum! Was posting there since about 2008. Really miss the core posters and a place to talk about Days. If there are any other refugees say hello, I was tvcat1 there.

I have been watching Days since around 1990 when I had some days off from work and was channel surfing around. Bo was still getting over Hope but being pulled toward Carly and Roman/John was in the midst of his tragic affair with Isabella. Not to mention the best era of Jack and Jennifer. I finally had a reason to buy a vcr.

I got hooked on Santa Barbara also, so I was a 2 soap girl till 1993. When Days went on a 2 week Olympic break in 2004 I watched AMC and went back to being a 2 soap girl. I just could not give up Days. I stuck with AMC till about 2006 and just could not continue. I remember James Scott debut on AMC and his exit on the show! I watched the last 9 months of Guiding Light in 2009 also.

Previously, I watched One Live to Live back when Gillian Spencer was Vicky Lord before Ericka Slezak, around 1970 to early 80's. My mother and I had tea with lemon and watched the show together. My mother always said the actor that played Dr. Mark Tolland would be a star someday. That guy was Tommy Lee Jones. Judith Light was Karen Woleck, Brynn Thayer (Matlock) was Jenny Woleck, Jameson Parker (Simon & Simon) was Brad Vernon, Gerald Anthony was Marco Dane.

Wow, I'm doing a lot of soap reminiscing....didn't mean to write a novel.

For as long as I can remember I could not imagine not having Days on tv. But the years of 4-5 year renewals are gone. It's expensive to do a soap, the audience is smaller and older, not as many people at home in the daytime, and 4 soaps cancelled the last few years. I'm going to watch the show and appreciate it while it's still here.

I still drink tea with lemon.

Hi tvcat, I'm glad you joined here. I hope other refugees will come here.
It would have been nice if NBC kept the PM section up so we could talk to members
that way and tell them where we're going.

Welcome tvcat! I think we may have enjoyed the 1990s equally well for Days, even though we're a teensy bit apart in age.

Welcome aboard. I hope to see tons of posts from you.
We have a good time on this board.
Agree to disagree sometimes!
I dont post on any other board becasue I seem to have a friendship with the people on this board.
I love it here & I think it is even better than watching the show!​
I almost bought a poster with the Cat Noir on Ebay.​
As you can see I'm a kitty person...meow!

Happy New Year tvcat....can not wait to hear your views.:wine:

redsquirrel :hug:back at ya! luv me some hugs!
funny redsquirrel...I see you are a Steelers fan....
My dad was a fan.
My youngest son is a die hard Dallas fan & so are his other 2 daughters & son,
but God Bless Diamond, his 11 year old daughter with a mind of her own
...its Steelers all the way!

It takes me a while sometimes to get around to all the things going on here, but I want to welcome you and I hope you have a lot of fun. I sure do! Enjoy!

Hello Salem Spectator posters!

I'm a refugee from the NBC Days board that was hacked in Nov and now taken down forever. RIP NBC forum! Was posting there since about 2008. Really miss the core posters and a place to talk about Days. If there are any other refugees say hello, I was tvcat1 there.
Hello tvcat glad to meet you.I just started posting here.
I like this board.I was wondering what happened to the Nbc
board?Thats ashamed it got hacked.

deleted portion of quote......P

Back