HOLIDAY MOVIES

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, not talking Hallmark, tho they have some good ones. What is YOUR favorite holiday movie? Mine is It's a Wonderful Life w/Jimmy Stewart. Yep, a real oldie, but I never miss it whenever or wherever it is shown each year.
Yes I like others, I will rewatch at times........Miracle on 34th St., Home Alone, WHITE CHRISTMAS (Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye), The Bishop's Wife, Elf, and then of course, the zillion versions of A Christmas Carol. So, how about it...your fav? Or don't you have one yet? :)

I LOVE Miracle on 34th St, the original. I lived on 34th St growing up (not the same one. LOL!). There is also Man in the Santa Claus Suit, Fred Astaire, played several parts, probably mid 70's. And yes, It's a Wonderful Life. I really love all the 60's 70's animated specials. Rudolph, Charlie Brown, etc.. And the 3 Santa Claus movies with Tim Allen.

Last edited:
One Christmas Eve years ago I was in the Hospital ER with what I soon learned was a panic attack, I had chest pains, shortness of breath, feeling of dread. It was very scary. Any way in my little cubical A Christmas Story was playing. It so reminded me of my Dad that I fell in love with the movie. I also love It's a Wonderful Life, but for different reasons.

It’s a wonderful life

And this one isn’t the typical holiday movie BUT we always watch Little Women around Christmas. I can’t explain why but it’s become a tradition with my girls.

Bet I read that book 50 times while growing up. LOLOL. But it starts with Christmas, with Aunt March giving each of the girls a monetary gift, which delights them.......and as they plan what they will buy themselves with it, they all decide individually, instead, to spend it on Marmee (their mother). Perhaps that is what draws you and your family to the movie. They have made and remade that movie so many times, but the one with Katherine Hepburn as Jo is the best, and that one is never shown any more.

Also like Holiday Inn, with Bing Crosby & Fred Astaire. And I have NEVER watched a Grinch movie, tho I know they are favs for many... LOL

I always make a point to watch While You Were Sleeping during the holidays, too. Two other "modern" favorites are The Holiday (with Kate Winslet and Cameron Diaz) and Last Holiday (with Queen Latifah).

Poirot, you’re probably right. We tend to watch the Claire Danes/Winona Ryder/Kirsten Dunst version because it’s what we have on DVD.

Back