Hollywood Game Night

sirramix

Reaction score
Anyone watching this on Monday nights? Season 2 just started a few weeks ago & I think they really are bringing it more so far. New games, more celebs.

Jane Lynch hosts 6 celebs & 2 regular people. The regular people play for cash, & the celeb is for their charity. It's 2 teams, 1 regular person & 3 celebs on each team. The games are fun & it's hilarious to see the celebs interact.

Tonight was 2 episodes. The 1st really had me cracking up with Henry Winkler (Fonzie) from Happy Days, Cobie Smulders (Robin) from How I Met Your Mother, Mayim Bialik (Amy Farrah Fowler) from Big Bang Theory, & others.

Aww, sad I missed Henry Winkler. Love him. I've seen the show a few times (didn't it used to come on Thursday nights?). Trouble is, I lost track of it at some point. Always see commercials and think I'm going to make a point to tune in, and then forget again.

Missed the first episode last night, did watch the 2nd one, though. Have watched in the past, and actually, I tuned in for Henry Winkler, and discovered I had missed him. Darn.

They may have them up on NBC.com. I'll check my Netflix to see if they've added Season 1.

Poirot, on the 2nd one that Lil Picasso game was so funny that they didn't get the Jane Lynch drawing after those obvious clues. :rotfl: Nate Burkis was excellent in that last round. I don't think they passed on any of the Pop Culture celebs. That guy from NCIS! OMG I almost fell out of the chair in laughter at him. So witty!

I'm trying to remember all the ones on the 1st one but don't know all the real names, so put their characters name & show. Robin from How I Met... was on 1 team & her husband from SNL was on the other. Angie Harmon & the guy that plays Henry Winkler's son on that new show was on the same team as Angie & the SNL guy (his name starts with a T). The other team was Henry Winkler, Robin (How I Met...), & Amy (Big Bang Theory, also was Blossom on her own show. Mayian is real name???). Their regular person was a firefighter, had a good sense of humor). The other regular was a lady who worked for the government, either TSA or NSA.

So, Jane Lynch was on Ellen today & said something very interesting about the show. I knew that Sean Hayes (Jack from Will & Grace, Sean from Sean Saves the World) is the producer of the show, but didn't know where the idea came from.

He holds these game nights at his house & after a while decided to take it to tv.

She also said, from last night's show with Nate Burkis on it that they had to cut him off from drinking. lol

They way she put it was they sometimes have to cut people off but would only give the initials, Nate Burkis. :rotfl:

Thanks redsquirrel. I didn't see the 1st one but will have to now. Unless he's only been on once in which case I did see it but not from the beginning.

Yes, I remembered him being on the first show. I remember being very surprised about the bar. I really thought they were joking.....but they weren't. LOL

This is such a fun show, and Jane Lynch is a great host. Those games are not that easy, even playing from home. I can only imagine the pressure when on the air. For anyone with RCN, NBC On Demand makes the shows available. So many great celebs have been on with the promise of many more. I recommend this show to everyone.:clap:

I laughed so much last night.....truly was a fun show. Martin Short gets soooo out of control. LOL It may have been a rerun.....not sure. But was hilarious. Jason Alexander caught a lot of flak as he is now wearing a hairpiece. They have some really hard games, and I am hard pressed to know some of the names the teams have to guess. LOL

I saw that one too. I think it was a repeat since the DVR is set to record new only & didn't record it.

They sure were a lively bunch. That music game had me in stiches. Especially when the girl's team didn't get MC Hammer's "Can't Touch This" but the non-celeb then said it for The Police "Don't Stand So Close To Me"

I have the most trouble figuring out the morphed pics. Looked like they all did as well.

And crawling across it too! lol

I really like seeing the competitiveness but in a fun nature.

I watched last night for the first time. Love that they had Penny Marshall and Rosie O'Donnell on. Where Penny had their movie, she just pointed at herself and Rosie. Couldn't be an easier, better clue!!!

Cracked me up when they were doing TV shows, Penny said Korea and Rosie O'Donnell replies M*A*S*H*, and the other team had no clue what the heck had happened.

:OT:A League of Their Own is a movie I have watched several times......I just really like it. So many little stories within the the overall big one. :back:

Except for the guy who plays on The Exes on the other team, I really did not know any of the other celebrities, but was fun.

She was not this show.
Actually, the show has been on different days, so unless you happen to see it in the daily schedule, it would be easy to miss.

They had Penny from Big Bang on the other day.

I loved Rosie saying that "she spoke Penny Marshall," because Penny was hard to understand...when she said "Korea," it sounded like "career," which Donald Faison thought, too.

Rosie looked great. The longer hair becomes her. I believe she will be on The View this Friday, which should be very interesting.

I used to love Penny on The Odd Couple as Myrna, especially the episode when her then-husband, Rob Reiner, was on as "Sheldn." That's right, "Sheldn" without the "o.":rotfl:

Are you kidding. She is going to be on The View??? Oh, my, yes, That should be interesting. LOL

(for those who wonder why, Rosie, at one time, had the spot that Whoopie Goldeberg now holds, and ..let's just say it did not work out well. )

I have to say that some celebrities are total fun and very good at the games. I am surprised Ali Sweeney has not been on that show yet...but...who knows?

Back