Holy crap, Ben ratted himself out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't use of this cell phone app in the manner that Ben is using it be as illegal as a wire tap at home or on a telephone? Just curious. I would tend to think so.

What is worse, cheating, or stalking? Either way, I reckon Abby/Ben could deem the situation a push. :love:

NikkiFan, you make some very good points!

I don't remember it being right away, the same day that is. I think he got a phone call diagnosis with a clean bill of health but he most certainly used the sympathy card to bed Abby.

He got the results within a few days, then he continued to let everyone believe he had the tumor.

What is worse, cheating, or stalking? Either way, I reckon Abby/Ben could deem the situation a push. :love:

NikkiFan, you make some very good points!
LOL... I guess it depends on your perspective. But, while cheating is immoral, stalking is illegal. Which is "worse" is subjective, but I would say being the victim of a stalker is potentially way worse than being the victim of a cheater - even though both situations could be very hurtful.

I would tend to agree. Stalkers, peeping Toms, are arrested and charged. I am glad he told her on his own, but really, the only reason was because he got so upset that she was at the DiMera house. Ben is weak, and after all his sister went through to protect him, it truly is a shame he has ignored it all, even how Clyde beat the mother.

Being cheated on rips your heart out, makes you question not only them but yourself. It's emotional and mental abuse. Watching today's episode makes me even more anti Abby. She never takes any responsiblity for the hurt she has done to others. It's always what others have done to her. And yes it's a soap, but please don't belittle the pain of being cheated on.

Last edited by a moderator:
@NikkiFan I am absolutely not belittling the pain of being cheated on! It is NOT ok! Personally, I was answering your question "Why the Ben hate?" Then, A. Guy asked "Which is worse, cheating or stalking?" and I answered that.

My belief that stalking is worse than cheating does not in any way suggest that cheating is ok or doesn't cause pain. I said that being the victim of a stalker is potentially way worse than being the victim of a cheater because sometimes stalkers maim or kill their victims. While being cheated on is terrible, generally speaking you are capable of eventually getting past it and moving on. Some victims of stalkers do not have that option.

I would also add that just because someone cheated on you doesn't mean that it's ok for you to do the same (Justin and Adrienne) or worse (Abby and Ben) in retaliation. You are right, Ben should have run away when he learned about Abby sleeping with Chad. But he made a poor decision to continue stalking her. Her cheating does not excuse his stalking.

I'm sorry if you misunderstood what I was saying, so I'll say it again - cheating is NOT ok! Hopefully now you understand more what I meant and why I answered the way I did - I really was not focusing on Abby and her sins at all. I don't think anyone else intended to belittle the pain of being cheated on, either, though I can't fully speak for them.

And, in addition to the mental pain, the threat of STDS, and mistaken paternity. Adultery is still a crime in 23 states; a felony in some. :(

That sounds like a very good law! :)

JS, those adultery laws, though uninforced, still serve in good stead in states that do not yet have no-fault divorce laws. And, once in a while, someone gets sued for "breach of promise." :)

Last edited by a moderator:
In Texas, it's still against the law to spit on the sidewalk
All states have those bizarre and obscure laws still on the books. Chances of being arrested and convicted of them are slim to none.

Last edited:
In this case, Ben & Abby, you are talking UNMARRIED people. In Justin/Adrienne marriage, yes, both did so, but Justin was the one who began, and did so for a long period of time. The only reason it stopped was when Victor would not let him go back to Dubai.
In Abby & Ben's situation, she was not even engaged to Ben when she & Chad had sex. And it is apparent she only chose to be with Ben because she is pregnant, and believes the baby to be his.

JS, those adultery laws, though uninforced, still serve in good stead in states that do not yet have no-fault divorce laws. And, once in a while, someone gets sued for "breach of promise."
But the fact remains, no one is going to be arrested or convicted of committing adultery. Dealing with a divorce or lawsuit for "breach of promise" is a completely different matter.

:OT:
but Justin was the one who began, and did so for a long period of time. The only reason it stopped was when Victor would not let him go back to Dubai.

I'm wondering if there was a story somewhere in there about Elsa and Dubai that was dropped? It seemed to be setting up to something that would, with the previous writers, take till Christmas 2025 to ever get around to resolving. But there seemed to be the beginning of another "wonderful":sarcasm: story there.

Sorry for derailing Back to Ben being Ben.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back