Hope and...

• Rafe

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • new love

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • no one

Votes: 12 52.2%

• Total voters
Amazingly enough... Rafe. I like them together. Though frankly, I think Rafe could do better now. Yes, I know he slept with Sami (why would anyone be with that shrew is beyond me but that's another topic) but Hope acted self righteous when she should have admitted she too was in the wrong. She had broken up with him. Anyway, again, yes, Rafe. No tomatoes please.

Why throw tomatoes? Hope herself has been with other men, and dealt with Bo being with other women......and not just once! Why fault Rafe. I don't mind them as a couple, I just think Days has gone overboard in the age thing between the males & females. i.e. Hope/Rafe, Eve/Brady, (Kristen - Brady & Eric) Jennifer/Eric. Since they have such a discrepancy between ages of males and females, just ......can't any of them just be good friends?

Yep, and it isn't just Days that has dug itself into this hole. I don't care about in-laws, steps, foster, but Days has entirely too many blood related citizens, which is what happens with all the bed-hopping, unprotected sex, and "egg-babies", etc. They had a decent doctor, but could not let him alone. He had to get "attached" to someone, so, Maggie's eggs were stolen, used, (in a procedure not even invented yet when Daniel was born, lol). I think there are more Salemites born of one night stands, or to unmarried couples, than married couples have had. LOL.

And the trouble with viewers is....of late, it seems that new families just are not welcome. Fans begin complaining right away, which is why Rafe lost his one sister, his mother moved away, his father went back to jail, & his brother is on the lam. Or new characters sort of disappear (see Jordan, Ben, Clyde). Paige suddenly had to be made related to others in town (Eve, Eduardo) and is gone. Lani came in, could not be just a cop transferred to Salem, nope. Abe's daughter. Just, overdone.

Yes! Exactly! I will never stop being bitter about how Paige's storyline ended; and I loved Arianna (Rafe's sister) because I was a huge Passions fan and was excited to see Days "save" "Ethan and Theresa" (characters from Passions; the actors then came to Days) in some small way. I'd love to see some new faces with no relation come in with some real character and add some spice to the mix. Look at Steve Johnson! He was supposed to come in as some random goon and became one of the best characters of all time (my humble opinion). We need another character (or five) like that!

I went with no one, simply because I do see more women in the real world without partners and doing fine. Let Hope be alone. If she is alone, perhaps she will remember she has children and a grandchild. I don't mean get involved as strangely as Kate is involved in her kids lives, but at least acknowledge she has kids.

True, the character of Steve Johnson was supposed to be on for 3 episodes. But then, back in those days, a show could act upon the reaction of the viewers within a few weeks. That is no longer the case. And if NBC had not reduced what it pays to show Days so drastically, TWICE, maybe the show could cut that 6 mos. advance time. Days' actors have commented on the fast pace of the show, filming 7-8 shows per week, all the dialogue they must learn. Not just 5-10 pages, but 50 pages. Not easy. So kudos that they were able to move up in the ratings!

I'd like to see Hope actually pay attention to her daughter and granddaughter. They don't have any interactions at all and it drives me crazy!!!

Leo and Paul, but that doesn't really help Hope. :rotfl:
There are a few other unmarried, unrelated men in Salem, but they are just as useless to trigger-happy Hope as Leo and Paul.

Harold or Henderson: "Wedding Shocker as Police Commissioner Weds Faithful Butler"

Xander: "Police Commissioner Marries Ruthless Greek Thug in Surprise May-December Wedding"

Judge Griffin Sims or Judge Damon Thorpe: "Inept Judge Joins Incompetent Police Commissioner in Holy Matrimony"

And for something completely far out:

Prince Harry: "Palace Stunned as Prince Harry Dumps Meghan for American Police Commissioner; The Queen Is Not Amused"

Last edited:
Is there any male single character beside Rafe in Salem whom Hope is not related to either by blood or marriage?
What matters is blood.......nothing else. So.......currently single, not blood related...Roman, John, Rafe, Sonny, Paul, Leo, the Pub bartender, Tripp, Abe, Eli, Eric, Brady, Stefan, & now Xander

It does seem that parents and grandparents don't have much interaction with their younger family members, but that is not just Hope, who does seem most guilty,

Jennifer really doesn't see much of her daughter & son; Marlena certainly does not see Sami or Belle, & while Eric is in Salem, rarely interacts with him.

Then, when was the last time you heard Maggie mention Melissa, or Sarah...even Melanie? Families don't seem to exist in Salem, unless it is convenient to plot, or the actor needs a scene for their guarantee.

The comment was that Hope has no interaction at all with her daughter and granddaughter, but I know what you mean. If a child isn't pivotal to the plot, they're hardly mentioned, much less shown.

I will never forgive the show for what they did with Aiden and his son Chase. I thought Hope was perfect with Aiden. The writers took the time to build them up as a great couple and then tore them apart. Aiden and his son come out so damaged in the end that no one wanted to see them on the show anymore.

Back