Hope's house

maruuac

Reaction score
Haven't watched today's episode yet so not sure if Hope is at her place yet or not, but how long does it take to fix the minimal smoke damage at her place? I would have thought she would have moved back home weeks ago.

I have been wondering the same thing! And the other day when Eric and Jen went to have sex somewhere else I had thought it was weird. Why not just go upstairs?! Then a few scenes later Rafe and Hope were in the livingroom and I was like "Oh yeah, they're still here" and I turned to my husband and asked how long it should take to repair the damage of a pretty small fire. I wonder what the real reason is for them not showing the other set.

Was there something about too many bad memories at Bo/Hope's place? It's not too hard to imagine similar bad memories in store for the Duchess' (Jen's) house. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am guessing that it is a cost saving measure as JS noted, as the Horton house never is dismantled. However, it is truly asinine that Hope & her family NEVER are in the house at the same time as Jennifer & JJ. Even at night!!!!

Heck, on Everybody Loves Raymond, his parents drove their car thru the living room wall of Ray's house, and that whole wall was replaced, the debris cleaned up,etc. within the same episode. LOL

What I don't understand is that Ciara was raped by Chase on the couch at the Horton house. And Hope continues living there with her. What a great way to help Ciara get past this horrible thing that happened to her. :rolleyes::sarcasm:

Oh, I want to add : I get that this set is kind of... well, untouchable because it was Alice and Tom's house, but at least, get a new couch, with or without Ciara living there. And if they couldn't replace the couch, then : NO RAPE ON THIS COUCH !

Sorry, off my... soap box, is it ? Or rant over ? Anyway, you get the gist.

It's kind of a sad state of affairs if saving a few bucks is more important than things making sense.

It doesn't make sense for repairs to take this long, even if it is bad memories by now you'd think about getting your own place and if bad memories was an issue keeping Ciara there where the rape happens makes no sense.

And God yes please replace the couch, who in their right mind wouldn't replace the couch!? No by all means Jen and Eric and Hope and Rafe should continue to make out on it as if nothing happened .... Well except for poor Eric I guess being he's in prison now.

It is annoying that they never show JJ and Jen there at the same time as Hope and Ciara but should we be surprised? They don't acknowledge Hope being Claire's grandmother, why acknowledge they live in a house with people? :rolleyes:

I absolutely agree. That couch/house badly needs some updating. They treat this place like a shrine. This is so unnecessary. It isn't keeping things exactly the same that honors the dead. It is the memories that we all share and moving forward with those memories. That house hasn't seen anything new since the 60's. You have to make a house a home and the second you walk in that house you see Tom and Alice- not Jennifer. That being said, the couch is just a horrible reminder of what happened to Ciara and it needs to go. Jennifer, if she wasn't high on opiates all the time, would see this.

I have been wondering the same thing, I'm assuming they took apart the set of Hope's house to make room for another set, perhaps the DiMera living room, which has recently made it's return after being gone for a few years as well.

We didn't see Hope's house for a few years, wonder if they just reassembled it for that short time.

OK, for some reason I thought Ciara had moved over to stay with Claire, because she could not stand being in Jen's home.

I think she mentioned staying there a night, I'm not sure about full time.

Do Claire and Belle still stay with Marlena and John?

I don't remember them saying. I guess I just assumed they were still with John and Marlena since they didn't mention or show otherwise. I feel it would be good if they were there so Claire has people to be with since her mother is either at the police station or in Philip's bed.

I thought it was mentioned recently that Belle was staying with John & Marlena - I assumed Claire was also living there, but maybe not. Do we know where Shawn is living?

Today it seems Hope is moving back to her own place, so by next week, Hope should be back at home with Ciara.

Back